InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Haha I use pipe cleaners too but could use stronger posts!

Love the pics Shed! That top girl is looking sharp and clean:) also the symmetry on the haze is outstanding! #beautysunset

I decarb at 240 for 45 mins but I like a less sleepy effect! I read a university article I can try to find around decarb times, they did lab testing and found that 240 for 30 mins activated almost all of the THC and that the thc started to break down after 30 minutes. They found an increase in cbn after the 30 mins mark.

Lol you got me beat
Maybe by age but I bet yours are in a lot better shape. Some of mine I have to scrape Elmer's Glue off!

Haha I use pipe cleaners too but could use stronger posts!
Love the pics Shed! That top girl is looking sharp and clean:) also the symmetry on the haze is outstanding! #beautysunset
I decarb at 240 for 45 mins but I like a less sleepy effect! I read a university article I can try to find around decarb times, they did lab testing and found that 240 for 30 mins activated almost all of the THC and that the thc started to break down after 30 minutes. They found an increase in cbn after the 30 mins mark.
240 for 30 minutes? I must be way off then. I feel like I got the 60 minutes from SweetSue's decarb thread but I may be mis-remembering. Since that's under scientific conditions I would still go with 60 to allow the bud to reach 240 and account for temp variations in the oven. Can you find the article? I'd love to see what else they found out!

And if you think that Gold Leaf looks clean now, wait until it's done ;).

6 to 8? Okay well I suppose the recommended 1 hour is a little under then eh? Lmao....

Maybe by age but I bet yours are in a lot better shape. Some of mine I have to scrape Elmer's Glue off!

240 for 30 minutes? I must be way off then. I feel like I got the 60 minutes from SweetSue's decarb thread but I may be mis-remembering. Since that's under scientific conditions I would still go with 60 to allow the bud to reach 240 and account for temp variations in the oven. Can you find the article? I'd love to see what else they found out!

And if you think that Gold Leaf looks clean now, wait until it's done ;).

If a stoner was to set the temp on their dedicated toaster over to 240, and simply place the weed in the toaster oven and set the timer for an hour, the stoner would have about 30 minutes of decarb at 240.

I have a rocking commercial oven, and even with the little larf stuff I have, it took it about 25 minutes to get to 240.

So, maybe thats how we have an 'hour' at '240'

If a stoner was to set the temp on their dedicated toaster over to 240, and simply place the weed in the toaster oven and set the timer for an hour, the stoner would have about 30 minutes of decarb at 240.
I have a rocking commercial oven, and even with the little larf stuff I have, it took it about 25 minutes to get to 240.
So, maybe thats how we have an 'hour' at '240'
Indeed, and since mine are wrapped in insulating foil, I go even longer. I may have to invest in those turkey roasting bags Derby loves. Especially if I have three big photos harvesting all within a month in the fall (I hope :)). I don't want to spend all my money on jars, not to mention the time saved in burping.

I don’t know if this is the same article I read but it looks like they got the same or similar results. I think it’s a link to the NOVA Decarboxilator thing but either way there is good info! Please tell me if I’m way off lol

Decarboxylating Cannabis to Activate THC

Thread hijack update... lol #happyoilday

So I opted for 70 mins. Just pulled it outta the toaster oven cause I wanna be cool like Grandpa T!

I used heavy duty camping grade tin foil. Made a U shape, then rolled and creased the ends to get it as tight as possible then rolled the ends in the same way. Next I pre heated the oven to 420° for oil day bacon (to mask smell).

Set the toaster oven to 245 ish and popped it in.

Bacon covered the smell.

When I open the pouch I'll first start a bag of microwave popcorn.... hopefully the wife will never know I made 2 cups of oils and dabs all in the same day! #smellpolice

Okay so heres where i need help again.

I let the 1.5 ounces cool? (1 zip Stawberry kush, 1/2 Malawi)

Then I just toss the nugs (un ground or broken up further?) Into my mb2 with my unique mix of oils on hand.

Sound like a plan?

I don’t know if this is the same article I read but it looks like they got the same or similar results. I think it’s a link to the NOVA Decarboxilator thing but either way there is good info! Please tell me if I’m way off lol

Decarboxylating Cannabis to Activate THC
Thanks newty! Basically that says that 60 minutes at 240º is the way to go for kief or trim when it's mostly dry. For fresh harvest, go longer. Nova is expensive and does small amounts at a time but I've heard it does a really good decarb job.
I do all the time. Now being fresh and frozen how long are you going to decarb? I go with 110 min @ 235f for frozen fresh trim or buds. Don't know who I got that from or why I've been using that but there it is.
Thanks Derby! Wet from the freezer will definitely need to go long, so I'm not sure 110 minutes would do it. No idea what would though :rolleyes:.
Thread hijack update... lol #happyoilday
So I opted for 70 mins. Just pulled it outta the toaster oven cause I wanna be cool like Grandpa T!
I used heavy duty camping grade tin foil. Made a U shape, then rolled and creased the ends to get it as tight as possible then rolled the ends in the same way. Next I pre heated the oven to 420° for oil day bacon (to mask smell).
Set the toaster oven to 245 ish and popped it in.
Bacon covered the smell.
When I open the pouch I'll first start a bag of microwave popcorn.... hopefully the wife will never know I made 2 cups of oils and dabs all in the same day! #smellpolice
Okay so heres where i need help again.
I let the 1.5 ounces cool? (1 zip Stawberry kush, 1/2 Malawi)
Then I just toss the nugs (un ground or broken up further?) Into my mb2 with my unique mix of oils on hand.
Sound like a plan?
Heavy duty foil is an even better insulator so you may be a little light on the THC, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I would break up the buds a little first though no need to grind as the MB2 has a grinder built in. Buds first, then oil if I remember correctly. Otherwise the buds end up sitting on top!

How much popcorn does it take to cover 8 hours of MB2?

Back
Top Bottom