InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It's time for the Monday update (assuming you've already seen @Carcass' post here) now that we're at the top of the page!

I've got a few things to show regarding the summer grow but let's start with the plants themselves on flip day 24:

The CapJunky (94 days above ground):

And the Purple Ghost Candy (97 days above ground) that proves that back lit is cooler than front lit:

CJ is a very leafy plant and it's still hard to make out the flowers, but here's a shot of the pistils and the coming frost:

And the PGC has some nice purple pistils, true to its name:

Moving on, I took the early Candida pollen out of the fridge (not the stuff from the day I cut it down):

and brought it to room temperature for a few hours so that I could pollinate a small lower branch of both plants. Working in the shade, I first took off the big fans and covered the target branch with a ziploc and sealed it as best as I could:

I put the hose on "mist" and wet all the other flowers to keep the pollen from working on any of them. Then I shook off the water, lifted the bag enough to get the paintbrush of pollen to the pistils, did the deed, and closed the bag again. Then I sprayed the plant down again, shook off the water, and moved the it into the fading last hour of sunlight. Then it was time for the second one.

About 14 hours later, I carefully removed the bag, sealed it, and used a spray bottle of water to mist the area. This was the CJ dabbed with Candida pollen:

That one looks legit! The PGC looks less affected, but still slightly shriveled:

I'll keep an eye on them for a few days. I also did another lower branch on each with the final pollen to see if that works, and I'll know more tomorrow on that.

The only other news is that the shed has been getting down into the low 60's overnight (62º last night) so I'm considering moving the heater in there if the weather is going to stay like this for a while. We'll see. :hmmmm:

Anyway, that's it from my garden to your eyeballs! I hope your weekend went well and your favorite athletes are doing the best they can on the global stage in France.
flag-Olympic-Games.jpg

Magnifique
:thanks:
All bread needs to be drenched in melting butter lol
I usually agree (especially with Irish butter!), but I love fresh warm bread as it comes. When I lived in Greenwich Village in the 80s, Zito's Bakery had fresh baked loaves (the big Italian ones not the long skinny French ones) twice a day. I would try to be there just after the 4pm loaves came out. I'd get two and eat one in its entirety on the walk home!
Agreed! Or olive oil
Absolutely, but I find it hard to get an olive oil I really like (not to mention how expensive they are these days). I'm not big on the back-of-the-throat burning I get with a lot of them.

I don't think so. Hmmmm I'll guess french bread, oui? baguette ?
A really good crusty baguette 🥖 but the humidity around me right now makes that hard to find. Enjoying the Olympics but back in the day with Carl Lewis & Flo Jo I was so wrapped up in them every 4 years. My Trizkit auto is now 13 weeks & almost chop time, so I’ve been hovering over her as well.

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0120.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

I stopped baking sourdough bread when I realized I really couldn't commit as much time to the process as it takes to make. I really appreciate @dynamo1 sending me his father's starter and I even sent some on to Otter, but it's more than I could do time-wise.
I can understand that , I use the bread machine for dough (absitp Pizza ) and make French style loaf/mini sub rolls ...

It's time for the Monday update (assuming you've already seen @Carcass' post here) now that we're at the top of the page!

I've got a few things to show regarding the summer grow but let's start with the plants themselves on flip day 24:

The CapJunky (94 days above ground):

And the Purple Ghost Candy (97 days above ground) that proves that back lit is cooler than front lit:

CJ is a very leafy plant and it's still hard to make out the flowers, but here's a shot of the pistils and the coming frost:

And the PGC has some nice purple pistils, true to its name:

Moving on, I took the early Candida pollen out of the fridge (not the stuff from the day I cut it down):

and brought it to room temperature for a few hours so that I could pollinate a small lower branch of both plants. Working in the shade, I first took off the big fans and covered the target branch with a ziploc and sealed it as best as I could:

I put the hose on "mist" and wet all the other flowers to keep the pollen from working on any of them. Then I shook off the water, lifted the bag enough to get the paintbrush of pollen to the pistils, did the deed, and closed the bag again. Then I sprayed the plant down again, shook off the water, and moved the it into the fading last hour of sunlight. Then it was time for the second one.

About 14 hours later, I carefully removed the bag, sealed it, and used a spray bottle of water to mist the area. This was the CJ dabbed with Candida pollen:

That one looks legit! The PGC looks less affected, but still slightly shriveled:

I'll keep an eye on them for a few days. I also did another lower branch on each with the final pollen to see if that works, and I'll know more tomorrow on that.

The only other news is that the shed has been getting down into the low 60's overnight (62º last night) so I'm considering moving the heater in there if the weather is going to stay like this for a while. We'll see. :hmmmm:

Anyway, that's it from my garden to your eyeballs! I hope your weekend went well and your favorite athletes are doing the best they can on the global stage in France.
flag-Olympic-Games.jpg
Good thing, I don't have a Red Marker Shed🤣🤣. But looking 💯! Right on brother!!!

Here's a quick Tuesday update of the pollination and a couple of The Wizard auto pics.

This is the Purple Ghost Candy flower pollinated two days ago with early Candida pollen:

And here's the one I did yesterday with the final pollen:

It's slower to react than the CapJunky, but it seems to have been effective. Here's the CJ flower I did two days ago:

And the one I did yesterday:

I'll be happy with 10 seeds off each flower so that some interested folks can give them a try (@StoneOtter? :))

Also, since @con asked me about the number of nodes on the TWa, I counted four this morning:

Including this tiny thing at the bottom:

That's a single-sided node and I'm going to take it off tonight to let the other three do their thing. We'll see!

Quotes:
My Trizkit auto is now 13 weeks & almost chop time, so I’ve been hovering over her as well.
Looking great for an untopped plant! What do you think of mine? :cheesygrinsmiley:
I can understand that , I use the bread machine for dough (absitp Pizza ) and make French style loaf/mini sub rolls ...
My parents got a bread machine when they first came out (mid 80s?) and they made bread all the time, and all types too, Then they both decided they were putting on too much weight and it just sat on the counter for years after that!
Oh man I like fresh sour dough! Been watching the Olympics to ! GO 🇺🇲 sorry Im partial
If there's any time that partiality is encouraged it's during the Olympics!
Good thing, I don't have a Red Marker Shed. But looking 💯! Right on brother!!!
Thanks! I've got enough red marker for both of us. :high-five:
OH just seen the recipe you made and looks/sounds Tasty ,I will have to give it a go I should have everything I need ,
So easy. Four ingredients (flour, water, salt, yeast) and a total work time of like 10 minutes. The rest is waiting for it to do its thing.
A pollenating you go sounds interesting the strains being used .
I got some encouragement here when I mentioned doing it so I figured I'd make a few CapDida (CJ x Candida) and PGCD-1 (PGC x Candida aka CD-1). I'm not sure on the names yet but it's not like I'm making so many seeds it's gonna matter!

:thanks:

I usually agree (especially with Irish butter!), but I love fresh warm bread as it comes. When I lived in Greenwich Village in the 80s, Zito's Bakery had fresh baked loaves (the big Italian ones not the long skinny French ones) twice a day. I would try to be there just after the 4pm loaves came out. I'd get two and eat one in its entirety on the walk home!
Zitos looks sensational and Berenice Abbott's windowscape is just gorgeous.

Here's a quick Tuesday update of the pollination and a couple of The Wizard auto pics.

This is the Purple Ghost Candy flower pollinated two days ago with early Candida pollen:

It's slower to react than the CapJunky, but it seems to have been effective. Here's the CJ flower I did two days ago:

I'll be happy with 10 seeds off each flower so that some interested folks can give them a try (@StoneOtter? :))

Also, since @con asked me about the number of nodes on the TWa, I counted four this morning:

That's a single-sided node and I'm going to take it off tonight to let the other three do their thing. We'll see!

Quotes:

Looking great for an untopped plant! What do you think of mine? :cheesygrinsmiley:

My parents got a bread machine when they first came out (mid 80s?) and they made bread all the time, and all types too, Then they both decided they were putting on too much weight and it just sat on the counter for years after that!

So easy. Four ingredients (flour, water, salt, yeast) and a total work time of like 10 minutes. The rest is waiting for it to do its thing.

I got some encouragement here when I mentioned doing it so I figured I'd make a few CapDida (CJ x Candida) and PGCD-1 (PGC x Candida aka CD-1). I'm not sure on the names yet but it's not like I'm making so many seeds it's gonna matter!
me too!

So good it doesn't even need butter! 😋
Blasphemy! I still love you however.
A really good crusty baguette 🥖 but the humidity around me right now makes that hard to find. Enjoying the Olympics but back in the day with Carl Lewis & Flo Jo I was so wrapped up in them every 4 years. My Trizkit auto is now 13 weeks & almost chop time, so I’ve been hovering over her as well.

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0120.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg
She's a 10!

Quotes:

Yours always look incredible especially the canopy. I’ve only used leaf tucking so far with more bending coming up. I’ve got Universal Love auto beans from Mephisto next.

The big girls look outstanding Shed. (But damn, those pots look heavy. Mrs. Shed must be in great shape! 😁)

I see the Wizard has been reduced to an acronym (and not even an all caps one). :)

Back
Top Bottom