InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

While we wait for @Carcass to post his harvest pics, I'm going to get a Monday update in on the Purple Ghost Candy from @SeedsMan!

Here it is on day 69:

And it's hard to see from that angle but the tallest two branches are actually the second lowest node, one of the two I pulled together to help them reach the top. You can see them better in the frontal pic:

This plant is about a week from flip, and I'm still pulling small branches that are trying to grow from the lower node branches:

I'm also still keeping the top nodes flat:

But I have let the top nodes keep their lower growth to help fill in the middle of the plant. And the inner growth on the top node had gotten so tall I decided to flatten those yesterday:

I hung binder clips from short pipe cleaners (reused StankClips) or opened paper clips to keep those four from being apical. You can see one of the binder clips down below the foliage on the top circle.

And speaking of foliage, you may have noticed that I didn't lollipop this plant. I decided to let it keep all its fans while I took all the branching since I tend to lose a lot of lowers in flower. I'm hoping that leaving the leaves will give me a bigger cushion as they start to get used up.

Pretty much a waiting game for the next week, and then it's time to send this baby into flower and see what kind of stretch I get compared to the rest of the PGC growers here. Speaking of whom, big thanks to Seedsman for letting me be a late entry into the comparative!

I hope you all had great weekends, and that your plans for July 4th are to either celebrate US independence, vote in the UK elections, or watch all the fireworks (literal and political) from wherever you are. 🎆

The rest of the news continues below...

Here's the rest of the Monday update, starting with the Wizard auto on day 9:

Not much to say about that, so let's move on to the final pic of the Candida seed germination test, just for the record:

The paler seed got a late start and doesn't seem to have the vigor of the plants from the darker ones, so I'm still going to spread the love with the darker seeds.

Finally, let's see how the CapJunky is doing on day 66, next to its partner on the summer grow:

The CJ is taller than the PCG but the canopy is also pretty close to even. I didn't lay the CJ as flat as the PGC because of the structure and the need not to get it too wide before flowering (longer node spacing on the branches makes for a wider plant when laid out). Still, I'm happy with the shape so far, so I'm pretty sure I'll be flipping these both at the same time.

Stay tuned and thanks for following along!

Plants are looking really good there! Like really bushy palms!

And speaking of foliage, you may have noticed that I didn't lollipop this plant. I decided to let it keep all its fans while I took all the branching since I tend to lose a lot of lowers in flower. I'm hoping that leaving the leaves will give me a bigger cushion as they start to get used up.
And this is a great idea! Interested to see if this works out for you!

Not much to say about that, so let's move on to the final pic of the Candida seed germination test, just for the record:

The paler seed got a late start and doesn't seem to have the vigor of the plants from the darker ones, so I'm still going to spread the love with the darker seeds.

Finally, let's see how the CapJunky is doing on day 66, next to its partner on the summer grow:

The CJ is taller than the PCG but the canopy is also pretty close to even. I didn't lay the CJ as flat as the PGC because of the structure and the need not to get it too wide before flowering (longer node spacing on the branches makes for a wider plant when laid out). Still, I'm happy with the shape so far, so I'm pretty sure I'll be flipping these both at the same time.

looking good Shed nice & green

An overseas order, most excellent!
Screenshot_20240628-184606.png

😁 They actually stock them over here so I could have had it for the same price faster but they don't sell the little dosing tool which I added. So with your discount I got a free tool with it 😁. Can't wait to try it! 😎

Plants are looking really good there! Like really bushy palms!
Thanks Ke0ncp, and you know what bushy palms are a side effect of? :cheesygrinsmiley:
And this is a great idea! Interested to see if this works out for you!
It should be interesting to see if I lose those lower fans but nothing further up the plant in flower. But you should definitely lollipop to move all growth to the net!
looking good Shed nice & green
Thanks con! I'm pretty good at keeping my plants happy in veg, but I fully expect to get the standard Shed shed of lowers about 3 weeks into flower.
They actually stock them over here so I could have had it for the same price faster but they don't sell the little dosing tool which I added. So with your discount I got a free tool with it . Can't wait to try it!
Great news GV! Free tools, moving on to the quarter finals, and kicking out the Tories later this week...not a bad result. :)

Looking great bruv 👌 👊

Highya ITS,

I have to say how good your PGC and CJ are trained! They should go through the door! As many times as you have trained them, you're an expert as to what you want by now! And, as usual, your documentation is superb. Easy to follow. Happy Smokin'

Looking great bruv
Thanks GV!
Looking great Shed!
Thank you Carmen!
I have to say how good your PGC and CJ are trained! They should go through the door! As many times as you have trained them, you're an expert as to what you want by now! And, as usual, your documentation is superb. Easy to follow. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode, and I have been working on this training and shape for quite a while now! I'm going to make sure to measure the heights when I flip (for @BeezLuiz' spreadsheet ;) ) as I'm really curious whether these two, which seem to be raising the roof for some others here with roofs, will behave the same way outdoors. Of course if they do, I know where I can find a tutorial on supercropping. :thumb:

No blame to the breeder on the Wizard! Some seeds just don't have it in them and this is one of those. And I'm not sure if I can be bothered to start another to be honest. I think I kind of like having just two plants to think about...might be a symptom of age. :)
Oh come on, you don’t want 14 going at once like me? 😂
I have a short outdoor auto season, so they’re everywhere at the moment as you know. Total of 13 autos and 1 cap junky photo currently growing.
I understand though, simple is nice. Surprised to see @Carcass wrangling so many at once this year!

Oh come on, you don’t want 14 going at once like me?
LOL those days have passed me by, but I'm really glad they haven't for you as you are doing terrific work, with such positive energy.
:green_heart:
I have a short outdoor auto season, so they’re everywhere at the moment as you know. Total of 13 autos and 1 cap junky photo currently growing.
I'm figuring my photos to be done somewhere around the end of September, which is usually just around the end of our second heat wave. With a shorter season I can see that front loading makes sense for you though. BTW, how long does the CJ run in flower from flip? The PGC is listed at 70-84 days.
I understand though, simple is nice. Surprised to see @Carcass wrangling so many at once this year!
I am surprised, and he might be as well! Mrs C certainly is, that's for sure. ;)

Epic 🤙 Those ladies stacking up! Love the armbar tech on the tops :cheesygrinsmiley:

LOL those days have passed me by, but I'm really glad they haven't for you as you are doing terrific work, with such positive energy.
:green_heart:

I'm figuring my photos to be done somewhere around the end of September, which is usually just around the end of our second heat wave. With a shorter season I can see that front loading makes sense for you though. BTW, how long does the CJ run in flower from flip? The PGC is listed at 70-84 days.

I am surprised, and he might be as well! Mrs C certainly is, that's for sure. ;)
@beez0404 probably knows better than me.
#1 went about 100 days total I think and #2 more like 120 days but it foxtailed. So 65-75 days sounds right on flower

I've grown a number of Cap Junky plants in the last 18 months or so. Excluding the last one I grew the average time from flip to harvest was 78 days.

Epic Those ladies stacking up!
Thanks Sunnyskies and :welcome: to my little slice of 420mag. Thanks for stopping by!
Love the armbar tech on the tops
It was that or a rear naked choke, but the armbar seemed more appropriate given the takedown position. :thumb:
@beez0404 probably knows better than me.
#1 went about 100 days total I think and #2 more like 120 days but it foxtailed. So 65-75 days sounds right on flower
Thanks Justin! I was going to tag beez but he's usually only around when going for yet another NOTM. ;)
Plants look great shed ! Got a visit from the Popo last night at 4:30 Am my stupid son thinks its ok to play music on his motorcycle loud as hell at that time !! Neighbors not so much
Thank you sb, but your kids and the police visits...jeez!
I've grown a number of Cap Junky plants in the last 18 months or so. Excluding the last one I grew the average time from flip to harvest was 78 days.
Thanks for the info! 78 days makes for good timing with the Purple Ghost Candy.

Back
Top Bottom