InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Late Saturday/early Sunday harvest update of the 5 Killer Cookies from @ChefDGreen on flip day 64!
Congrats on the harvest of another fine grow!:woohoo:

While I was pulling off the fans I found one small bud with rot on it hidden in the middle:
That's all? I call that a major success!

I called my trimming crew and had a good group consisting of my wife, daughter, and my son's best friend
Many hands make light work. All that bud, and it only took 3 hours - excellent! :party:

Congrats. on another excellent harvest Shed.:thumb: That 5 Killer Cookies looks tasty.:yummy:

Takes buds off and washes them.
Puts buds back on plant to dry....

Bloody brilliant

That made me laugh way more than it should have.

Late Saturday/early Sunday harvest update of the 5 Killer Cookies from @ChefDGreen on flip day 64!

5KC is a cross of Cookies n Chem and KA5H (aka Killer A5 Haze), and it sprouted on May 2nd, vegged for 60 days and flowered for 64, for a total grow of 124 days. It was bottom-watered from day 1 in a SWICK of soil over a perlite reservoir, and it got pretty big for a grow this short.

It was raining this morning (such weird summer weather!) so I put up the umbrella and got to pulling off the fans. Here's what came off:

While I was pulling off the fans I found one small bud with rot on it hidden in the middle:

Off it came:

And in the bin it went. I actually killed about 5 caterpillars during fan removal, so there probably would have been more rot had I waited to take it down.

Then I dragged the plant into the steady drizzle and untied it, so here it was naked and fully flopped:

I filled up a 5 gallon bucket with tap water for the wash, sat under the umbrella, took off the shorter flowers, rinsed them, and laid them on the patio coffee table:

Then it was time to take the main tops, and since I had nowhere to put them to dry, I hung them back on the branches!

The bones:

By the time I was done the rain had stopped, so I dumped the buggy first bucket and filled it up again for a second rinse, and from there the flowers went into the garage to drip dry. I called my trimming crew and had a good group consisting of my wife, daughter, and my son's best friend since pre-school (he's living in our garage for the summer while he interns nearby). The four of us knocked out the entire plant in about 3 hours! ✂️ ✂️ ✂️ ✂️

Here is what came off during trimming:

And here is the whole plant:

Just the main tops:

And a cool shot from below:

Finally, Grandpa's Moonshine got moved out of the cramped tent and in the shed for the rest of its nights:

The rain came back tonight and the RH in my house is 78%, so the tent is open with one fan on top, two fans on the floor, and an oscillating tower fan just outside pointing in. I hope the RH drops soon so I can drive the moisture from the harvest. :nervous-guy:

I'll do the rootopsy tomorrow and probably get pics of that up on Monday.

That's it from me today, and thanks for following along! One down, one to go for the summer grow. :slide:

Quotes:

Yeah, it was time!

The longer it takes the bigger the harvest! :popcorn:

I never guess since it turns out I'm terrible at it, and I stopped weighing my wet harvests years ago because it seemed like more trouble than it was worth, but 1lb would definitely be my biggest. So far my biggest was the 15.3oz Jack Herer clone, but my biggest harvest from seed is 11.8oz Chocolope from @Weed Seeds Express, and that was also a big harvest from a short grow. :)
Well done! Heavy yeilder there

1lb would definitely be my biggest.
After seeing it all trimmed up and hanging, I was thinking I low-balled it. Congrats on a super impressive grow, Shed. Glad you recruited a good team to help out with that tentacular beast. 😍

:ciao:

Congrats on the harvest! Sorry I missed the grow.

Just in case anyone missed the post everyone below is referring to, it's here!

Brilliant! What a haul! Everything about this plant is award worthy. You must be pleased!
Thanks Carmen, it turned out pretty okay in the end. :)
Holding thumbs the rh comes down.... which reminds me, mine is up because it was so cold yesterday that I closed the windows. I must open them again.
Sunday brought the RH down to the high 50s in the house, so I'm feeling better about it.
Congrats on the harvest, Shed. There should be enough there to roll a joint or two... Maybe three if you roll some pinners.
One huge Cheech and Chong joint is what I was thinking. :rollit: Thanks Regrowth!
Woah beautiful Shed!
Thank you Nick!
Show off - but super cool looking!
LOL!
How long dry/cure/indulge do you reckon? Your drying is going take a little longer it seems. A 20L or so dehumidifier would kill it in a week but if Rh is generally way lower then just wait I guess?
I try to hang dry for 7 days, but so much of that depends on the weather. I'm using @Carcass' method of putting the fans on a timer, but I'm wary of using it this early, so I'll run them 24 hours a day until tomorrow afternoon once I feel like the buds are more in the safe zone.
Family trim time, eh? Music and smokes? Hope it was fun!
Ricky Gervais comedy special on Netflix. We like comedy specials for trimming because you don't have to look up.
Brother that's one beautiful plant hanging! What a work! I'm in for over a lb still! What nice colas she and you grew! Worth all the mooning at ya! :love:
Thank you Otter! I'm definitely over the moon. ;)
Those look to be some quality buds Shed. Sorry about the little rot. I guess some gets sacrificed to the weed gods.
How are the roots? Also keen to see how they grew..
Thanks Lerugged, and that little rot was a surprise given how much contact some of those inside flowers were making with each other. Rootopsy tomorrow!
Very nice show!! 5KC was such a loaded lady! Well presented. Very nice looking harvest. I'm glad you only had the one spot of botrytis. I'm waiting on the weigh in like everyone else! She was such a pretty lady, though!! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! Best part of the harvest was that quick trim. ✂️
I’m going with 16.2 zips but you didn’t tell us what shed you put GM in. Was that your regular shed or the Smoo-shed? Inquiring minds like mine want to know. Lmao Congratulations on a great grow n harvest. And a round of applause for your Crew for coming together and knocking out the trimming. Wishing you n yours all the best n hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. CL🍀.
Your prediction is duly noted Captain, thanks! And I did need to correct some of the crew early on about getting too neat with the trim. I reminded them that speed was more important than bag appeal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Also, the GM moved from the smoo-shed to the shed for those keeping score at home.
Congratulations on the harvest!
Thank you Mel!
Great harvest Shed.
I'm pretty happy with this one, thanks Keith!
Nice takedown Shed and an awesome plant. I loved the flopping pic!
Thank you GDB...I thought of you when I took it!
Just DAMN !! The buds look even bigger now you have them off , Congrads on a big ass harvest !! Glad you had plenty help with the trim 3 hrs. not bad ! I hope the smoke does it for the team at home .
It damn well better get someone high after all the work this grow has been...thanks sb!
What a beauty she was! Congrats to you (and your team) on a sweet harvest
Looks like about 10 jars worth to me! ..(20oz)
20oz? That would be crazy to me in 124 days! Thanks Carcass, and I've got that timer on all the fans ready to go. I was thinking 30 minutes (shortest my timer does) every 6 hours depending on the RH for the day. :hmmmm:
Congrats on the harvest of another fine grow!
Thanks BL, and :thanks: for the push to get it done yesterday.
That's all? I call that a major success!
IKR?
Many hands make light work. All that bud, and it only took 3 hours - excellent!
I remember 40 years ago there was a billboard near 34th St in Manhattan that said:

Nikon
Making light work for people

I still remember that because of how clever it is!
Congrats. on another excellent harvest Shed. That 5 Killer Cookies looks tasty.
Thanks CM! No one in my house can taste weed so I'll be soliciting outside opinions. 😝
Takes buds off and washes them.
Puts buds back on plant to dry....
Bloody brilliant
That made me laugh way more than it should have.
:laugh:
You know I'da gone with electrical tape... hope she has time to heal.
Thanks Age. I actually wasn't trying to reattach those tops when I hung them back on the plant.
Well done! Heavy yeilder there
Sure hope so marcus, thanks!
After seeing it all trimmed up and hanging, I was thinking I low-balled it. Congrats on a super impressive grow, Shed. Glad you recruited a good team to help out with that tentacular beast. 😍
Thank you double H, and there's no over/under so don't sweat if if you're wrong. ⚖️
:ciao:Congrats on the harvest! Sorry I missed the grow.
Thanks HG, and I'm glad you made it back for the harvest!
Congrats on another successful harvest, Shed! 5KC looks awesome - lots of chunky nugs.
Thank you Grateful, and I have no doubt that you'll be taking down some chunk in a month or so. :thumb:

Sunday brought the RH down to the high 50s in the house, so I'm feeling better about it.

One huge Cheech and Chong joint is what I was thinking. :rollit: Thanks Regrowth!

Thank you Nick!

LOL!

I try to hang dry for 7 days, but so much of that depends on the weather. I'm using @Carcass' method of putting the fans on a timer, but I'm wary of using it this early, so I'll run them 24 hours a day until tomorrow afternoon once I feel like the buds are more in the safe zone.

Ricky Gervais comedy special on Netflix. We like comedy specials for trimming because you don't have to look up.

Thanks Lerugged, and that little rot was a surprise given how much contact some of those inside flowers were making with each other. Rootopsy tomorrow!

Your prediction is duly noted Captain, thanks! And I did need to correct some of the crew early on about getting too neat with the trim. I reminded them that speed was more important than bag appeal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Also, the GM moved from the smoo-shed to the shed for those keeping score at home.

Thank you Mel!

It damn well better get someone high after all the work this grow has been...thanks sb!

20oz? That would be crazy to me in 124 days! Thanks Carcass, and I've got that timer on all the fans ready to go. I was thinking 30 minutes (shortest my timer does) every 6 hours depending on the RH for the day. :hmmmm:

IKR?

I remember 40 years ago there was a billboard near 34th St in Manhattan that said:

Nikon

Thanks CM! No one in my house can taste weed so I'll be soliciting outside opinions. 😝

Thanks Age. I actually wasn't trying to reattach those tops when I hung them back on the plant.

Thank you double H, and there's no over/under so don't sweat if if you're wrong. ⚖️

Thank you Grateful, and I have no doubt that you'll be taking down some chunk in a month or so. :thumb:
Glad we determined that about your Smoo-shed Shedster and I’m looking forward to hearing from the Crews smoke report. Let me guess, it gets them high. Sound about right? Lmao 🤣 CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

Greetings all for a mini Tuesday mini-update!

First off, I did a bit of de-larfing of the Grandpa's Moonshine on Sunday (flip day 26), and this is all I removed:

I have to say that I think this is the stickiest plant I've ever had at 26 days in flower. I practically had to pry the buds off my fingers to make that pile. I decided to dry them and grind them to see if it gets anyone high, even at this early stage.

I have also mentioned that this plant has a different structure from my others, which is why I'm leaving so much on that I would normally consider larf. It's tough to get a picture of, but you might be able to see in this shot ↓ , and maybe it's unfamiliar to me because I didn't lollipop it during the recovery period and all plants would look like that (!), but it doesn't look like it would make one fat top cola if I took all that lower stuff off, so on it stays.

What I did do was remove the lowest flowers on those branches, circled here:

In 5KC news, I had to tie up some seriously flopping colas last night before I put it to bed, and the tiny black bugs seem to be living down in the res (not killed by the SNS 209 yet) so I spray the bucket with neem every morning. From what I can tell their next stage has tiny wings, so I'm thinking black root aphids. They don't seem to be on the stems as the lower third of the plant and the soil are coated with diatomaceous earth (it's never top watered so it remains powder on top).

I really can't wait to pull these pots apart after chop to see what the hell is going on down there!

That's it from me, and thanks for stopping by. :peace:
I was going to ask you about exactly this. So the picture with the circled bud you took the lowest of….are you done on that branch now? I was wondering exactly how big up the branches you pinch? Like, you could pinch until only what will grow into one huge bud is left, or less. Hard to tell exactly how high you go. Also, at what point are you done? How much flower time is left when you say okay this is it? Sorry for all the questions, and thanks! Amazing plants as always.

Thank you Nick!

LOL!

Thank you Mel!

IKR?

Nikon

And naturally you’d unveil that puppy in whatever city or town has the next Biggest Pizza in the World contest! Lol.

5KC is a cross of Cookies n Chem and KA5H (aka Killer A5 Haze), and it sprouted on May 2nd, vegged for 60 days and flowered for 64, for a total grow of 124 days. It was bottom-watered from day 1 in a SWICK of soil over a perlite reservoir, and it got pretty big for a grow this short.

It was raining this morning (such weird summer weather!) so I put up the umbrella and got to pulling off the fans. Here's what came off:

Off it came:

And in the bin it went. I actually killed about 5 caterpillars during fan removal, so there probably would have been more rot had I waited to take it down.

Then I dragged the plant into the steady drizzle and untied it, so here it was naked and fully flopped:

I filled up a 5 gallon bucket with tap water for the wash, sat under the umbrella, took off the shorter flowers, rinsed them, and laid them on the patio coffee table:

Then it was time to take the main tops, and since I had nowhere to put them to dry, I hung them back on the branches!

The bones:

By the time I was done the rain had stopped, so I dumped the buggy first bucket and filled it up again for a second rinse, and from there the flowers went into the garage to drip dry. I called my trimming crew and had a good group consisting of my wife, daughter, and my son's best friend since pre-school (he's living in our garage for the summer while he interns nearby). The four of us knocked out the entire plant in about 3 hours! ✂️ ✂️ ✂️ ✂️

Here is what came off during trimming:

And here is the whole plant:

Just the main tops:

And a cool shot from below:

Finally, Grandpa's Moonshine got moved out of the cramped tent and in the shed for the rest of its nights:

The rain came back tonight and the RH in my house is 78%, so the tent is open with one fan on top, two fans on the floor, and an oscillating tower fan just outside pointing in. I hope the RH drops soon so I can drive the moisture from the harvest. :nervous-guy:

I'll do the rootopsy tomorrow and probably get pics of that up on Monday.

That's it from me today, and thanks for following along! One down, one to go for the summer grow. :slide:

Quotes:

Yeah, it was time!

The longer it takes the bigger the harvest! :popcorn:

I never guess since it turns out I'm terrible at it, and I stopped weighing my wet harvests years ago because it seemed like more trouble than it was worth, but 1lb would definitely be my biggest. So far my biggest was the 15.3oz Jack Herer clone, but my biggest harvest from seed is 11.8oz Chocolope from @Weed Seeds Express, and that was also a big harvest from a short grow. :)
Congrates on the harvest Shed those Buds look awesome

Hope your having a great Labor Day weekend.
Congrats with the awesome 5 Killer Cookies harvest excellent haul . I hadn’t seen any papers like we use to get at the smoke shops to make a Cheech & Chong joint .

I find a lot of Sheds pictures teach a lesson.
My photo's teach lessons too, just not the same kind... I love when I look at a picture or two and have an epiphany!

Back
Top Bottom