InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Greetings all for a mini Tuesday mini-update!

First off, I did a bit of de-larfing of the Grandpa's Moonshine on Sunday (flip day 26), and this is all I removed:

I have to say that I think this is the stickiest plant I've ever had at 26 days in flower. I practically had to pry the buds off my fingers to make that pile. I decided to dry them and grind them to see if it gets anyone high, even at this early stage.

I have also mentioned that this plant has a different structure from my others, which is why I'm leaving so much on that I would normally consider larf. It's tough to get a picture of, but you might be able to see in this shot ↓ , and maybe it's unfamiliar to me because I didn't lollipop it during the recovery period and all plants would look like that (!), but it doesn't look like it would make one fat top cola if I took all that lower stuff off, so on it stays.

What I did do was remove the lowest flowers on those branches, circled here:

In 5KC news, I had to tie up some seriously flopping colas last night before I put it to bed, and the tiny black bugs seem to be living down in the res (not killed by the SNS 209 yet) so I spray the bucket with neem every morning. From what I can tell their next stage has tiny wings, so I'm thinking black root aphids. They don't seem to be on the stems as the lower third of the plant and the soil are coated with diatomaceous earth (it's never top watered so it remains powder on top).

I really can't wait to pull these pots apart after chop to see what the hell is going on down there!

That's it from me, and thanks for stopping by. :peace:

LOL I hear ya Captain! Like after watching The Brothers Grimsby I have trouble reading the word "therapist" and not seeing "the rapist." :eek:

Thanks Maritimer, and that's pretty productive for a little thing!

So I hear. :)

I see some breeding in your future... 👀
Thanks for sharing your story about therapist. Now I see the the rapist instead of therapist. You’re the best Shedster.👌👍. lol 😂 CL🍀. :thanks:

I decided to dry them and grind them to see if it gets anyone high, even at this early stage.
My kind of thinking. Please let us know!
I also can't wait to see rootopsy. How much longer has the 5KC got?

Thanks for sharing your story about therapist. Now I see the the rapist instead of therapist. You’re the best Shedster. lol CL🍀.
Always glad to help!
My kind of thinking. Please let us know!
I also can't wait to see rootopsy. How much longer has the 5KC got?
Pretty sure it's coming down this weekend as my wife will be out of town the following weekend and she's gotta help!

Also I'm getting sick of looking at it.

Also there probably won't many clear trichomes by then, but I'll get more trich pics Friday to be sure.

Stay tuned!

I thought I was in GDB's thread for a sec . :laugh: Tired of looking at it ! OK i went and measured it at 12" inches up straight i have it bent pretty good to get some more light on the lower limbs to be. Seems to be working I can see some diff. in 2 days and put some grow dots ( Thanks GBD again ) in the top soil , its drying out some finally on top. If i just make the SIP work I will be impressed . Your plant looks good shed ! The working Man (Rush) :theband:

Wednesday update and here are probably the last pics of 5 Killer Cookies with fans on it (flip day 61). Here's the front view:

So why am I getting sick of looking at it? Because of the back view!

Also, you will notice in the cola pics below that many of the sugar leaves are starting to crisp up:

Finally, here is the best closeup I could get of the bugs that crawl out of the res:

They get doused with neem every morning (on the bucket, not the plant), and I'm still filling the res with nutes + SNS 209. That may not be working if they all crawl to the air gap in the perlite when the flood comes. Either way, it won't be long now before we see what's going on under the hood.

Friday I'll take off all the fans and get more trichome shots, but my guess is it will come down on Saturday or Monday (depending on my daughter's busy social calendar!). Stay safe and grow well.
:thumb:

Quotes:
Awesome for this weekend then! I for one am not sick of looking at her though! Have fun 👀 in the rez!
Thanks Otter! I'm glad you're still enjoying the view. 🎑
I thought I was in GDB's thread for a sec
LOL!
i went and measured it at 12" inches up straight i have it bent pretty good to get some more light on the lower limbs to be. Seems to be working I can see some diff.
Oh thanks! I hope it more than doubles in size by harvest. :green_heart:
put some grow dots ( Thanks GBD again ) in the top soil , its drying out some finally on top. If i just make the SIP work I will be impressed .
Are you top watering as well as filling the res?
Your plant looks good shed ! The working Man (Rush)
Thank you sb!

Ha! I'm not surprised you're sick of looking at her "backside." Those buds are so heavy she's mooning you! :laugh:

Gorgeous buds,bud.
Thank you kindly VG!
Ha! I'm not surprised you're sick of looking at her "backside." Those buds are so heavy she's mooning you!
It all makes sense now... :thanks:
Great looking buds Shed
Thanks GG!
You should get a good harvest out of her, and I cannot wait to see the roots.
Thanks Keith, and I hope the roots really have a tale to tell. 📖
What are those bugs.
I believe the bugs are root aphids living in the perlite reservoir:

"Root Aphids are especially easy to spot in hydroponics. Their dark bodies contrast with white roots as they latch on and colonize."
Source

I'm hoping I only find dead ones when I pull the buckets apart!

Wednesday update and here are probably the last pics of 5 Killer Cookies with fans on it (flip day 61). Here's the front view:

Also, you will notice in the cola pics below that many of the sugar leaves are starting to crisp up:

Finally, here is the best closeup I could get of the bugs that crawl out of the res:

They get doused with neem every morning (on the bucket, not the plant), and I'm still filling the res with nutes + SNS 209. That may not be working if they all crawl to the air gap in the perlite when the flood comes. Either way, it won't be long now before we see what's going on under the hood.

Friday I'll take off all the fans and get more trichome shots, but my guess is it will come down on Saturday or Monday (depending on my daughter's busy social calendar!). Stay safe and grow well.

Quotes:

LOL!

Thank you sb!
those buds on that 5kc look mighty good

I wonder if Beauveria Bassiana would take hold in a res. It is the fungus that grows on some insects, including root aphids, and kills them.

Awesome looking plants, couldn't you block the drain pipe, water with pesticides and fill above airgap to reach pests then unblock drain pipe.
:passitleft:
That may not be working if they all crawl to the air gap in the perlite when the flood comes

those buds on that 5kc look mighty good
Thanks con, can't wait to see them hanging in the tent!
I wonder if Beauveria Bassiana would take hold in a res. It is the fungus that grows on some insects, including root aphids, and kills them.
Well that's interesting! I've never heard of that stuff. There's no reason to deal with them at this stage but that might be something to try for aphids generally.
Awesome looking plants, couldn't you block the drain water with pesticides and fill above airgap to reach pests then unlock drain pipe.
Thanks Absorber, and that's kinda what I've been doing this week! I'm not sure just how much extra water it takes to fill the airgap but I have had the overflow hole taped up and watering more than it would take to overflow the res. I don't unblock now it since I figure the plant will drink it down, but if I remove the tape after 10 minutes or so it won't really matter how much extra I put in. I'll do that with tomorrow's watering.
:thanks:

Well that's interesting! I've never heard of that stuff. There's no reason to deal with them at this stage but that might be something to try for aphids generally.

Thanks Absorber, and that's kinda what I've been doing this week! I'm not sure just how much extra water it takes to fill the airgap but I have had the overflow hole taped up and watering more than it would take to overflow the res. I don't unblock now it since I figure the plant will drink it down, but if I remove the tape after 10 minutes or so it won't really matter how much extra I put in. I'll do that with tomorrow's watering.
The other thing I did when I made my SIP's was to use an elbow on drain and I fit it from inside the bucket with elbow pointing down so if an insect crawls into drain pipe they hit water unless reservoir is empty , only drawback is the air cant pass freely. But it does force air to pass through medium when filling reservoir.
:passitleft:

I used Beauveria Bassiana outdoors a couple of years ago very effectively, well I didn't have insect problems. I sprayed it on every few days as I recall.

Quotes:

LOL!

Thank you sb!
beautiful Shed! i flipped mine 2 days after yours! lmao

20230830_221505.jpg

20230830_221541.jpg

20230830_221604.jpg

Back
Top Bottom