InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Look who was update this morning!

The speedy Grandpa's Moonshine. :) So I should put the slower 5 Killer Cookies in the SIP? Whichever one it is it will probably start as a SWICK in the solo cup like I did for the Le Creme CBG clone.

I didn't have time to plant it this morning and the weather is touchy with mostly cloudy and air temps in the high 50s, so it sits about 2" from the 23w 6500K CFL.

I hope the 5KC breaks ground today so they can have the same Day 1. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Quotes:

Sounds like your folks had some great taste in music, so I know where you get yours from! ♪♫♪ :love:

:thanks:

Not a damn thing! Also, gotta keep the solo cup folks in business. 💰

I'm telling you sb, I thought it was a bit suss when I first saw it too!

LOL that completely slipped my mind. Well remembered farside! Still no sign of Azi though. :reading420magazine:

Tape...the universal language.™

Sorry but the crayon thing doesn't work with that slogan. :)

I think that's what it's designed for. :thumb:

She should be counting her blessings! I'd say there are about forty, forty five at least.

LOL!
Do you have a link? Congrats on GM being up ⬆️. CL🍀. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Damn you would have thought I could see that orphan post coming!

If I only knew what you were referring to I might have a link. ;)
I said for quitters and you said that’s the idea. So I figured you would have a link for rehab but it’s really not important. CL🍀 :cheesygrinsmiley:

I said for quitters and you said that’s the idea. So I figured you would have a link for rehab but it’s really not important. CL🍀 :cheesygrinsmiley:
I have to say something about Rehab. I have not taken a drink in 24 years

When I read:
Thanks Captain! I don't see the value in watering slowly and carefully.
I was going to say "Then you'll  really enjoy the SIP watering experience."

But then I read:
IKR! If it comes up first that will not be the one going in the SIP, that's for sure! (SIP mention...let's see how long it takes Azi to get here. ;) )
And thought better of making the comment so as not to inflame the reputation I seem to be developing.

That was further emphasized when @farside05 weighed in, confirming my fears:
Probably quicker than @Pennywise when someone used to mention growing Chem, and that was pretty damn fast.

So, that's when I decided not to make my original comment and just let the guerrilla marketing of the SIP idea percolate with all of the extra mentions.
LOL that completely slipped my mind. Well remembered farside! Still no sign of Azi though. :reading420magazine:
We had a nice day sandwiched in between cold rainy ones so Azi was otherwise engaged. But I'm here now!

I only have a drink twice a year, St. Paddy’s Day n New Years. I used to drink heavy over the weekend but now I just don’t have a taste for it anymore. It’s been around twenty years since I did.CL🍀

Also, I've scattered some info elsewhere regarding trying out CBD and CBG, so let me copy and paste it here:

Per Azi's video he posted, I thought I would up my CBD game and took about 40mg before I went to bed last night (yes, that 4x more than I usually take!). About 30 minutes later I felt kinda spinny (already in bed with my head on the pillow) and fell asleep pretty quickly after that. It didn't keep me down for the night though as I woke up to pee about 5 hours later and still had a lot of trouble falling back to sleep.

I woke up around 8:30 and didn't want to move (bed lock?) which is not my norm. Also, I woke with a bit of a headache (now gone) but I have no idea if it was related.

Maybe tonight I'll back down the CBD and throw in some CBG, even though when I took the CBG alone the other night I woke up around 2am with the sense that my body was buzzing, like I was a cell phone on vibrate!

Maybe you're sensitive to the cannabinoids since you don't normally take a lot of them? Felonious always said he felt high when he took CBD. That's why he started taking his CBD at night.

Dude you speak my language. I need people to bring out the crayons for most things in life :high-five:

I speak your language, too. I love bright colours and just don't understand people who are content with greys and beiges.

I said for quitters and you said that’s the idea. So I figured you would have a link for rehab but it’s really not important. CL
Oh sorry, there were a lot of things you might have been referring to. If you want to make it clearer, highlight just what you want to select and hit Reply. That will just post the sentence you're referring to.
:bravo: Keith, congrats on all those years of sobriety!
I only have a drink twice a year, St. Paddy’s Day n New Years. I used to drink heavy over the weekend but now I just don’t have a taste for it anymore. It’s been around twenty years since I did.CL
Not a bad thing to be able to give up.
I wish I could do that.
We all have different vices and have to find different ways to get a handle on them. It's great that you found a way to come to grips with yours and maintain it lo these 24 years.
Sorry for going off topic Shedmeister but I will stop now. CL
Same here
No problem boys!
So, that's when I decided not to make my original comment and just let the guerrilla marketing of the SIP idea percolate with all of the extra mentions.
It's a concept that certainly has gained traction Azi, so well done getting the percolator warmed up!

(Show of hands, how many people can describe how a coffee percolator works without googling it? Oh never mind, we're mostly a pretty old bunch I'm guessing!)
so as not to inflame the reputation I seem to be developing.
Oh sorry, I thought this was a reputation you were actually cultivating!
We had a nice day sandwiched in between cold rainy ones so Azi was otherwise engaged. But I'm here now!
Glad to have you circle back around. Do you think I can go from your perlite SWICK solo design to a similar perlite SWICK 1 gallon, and then to the final 5 gallon SIP?
Maybe you're sensitive to the cannabinoids since you don't normally take a lot of them? Felonious always said he felt high when he took CBD. That's why he started taking his CBD at night.
I take 10mg CBD in the morning and it doesn't seem to have any effect on me at all. 40mg on the other hand was definitely best tested at night! I might try 20mg at night this weekend though to see if that has any effect.

Glad to have you circle back around. Do you think I can go from your perlite SWICK solo design to a similar perlite SWICK 1 gallon, and then to the final 5 gallon SIP?
What's the rationale?

I'm curious about your sub-irrigation methods and why you choose one over the other at different stages of growth. I'm curious about all of the hype surrounding the SIP. I'm interested to know why you want to SIP in particular. What is it about the SIP that draws you in? I don't understand why pots must be the same size?

I'm curious about your sub-irrigation methods and why you choose one over the other at different stages of growth.
As I mentioned, the reason for going with SWICKs when they're small is simplicity. I don't want to build SIPs of various sizes, but perlite SWICKs are much easier to create in solo cup and 1 gallon sizes.
I'm curious about all of the hype surrounding the SIP.
I'm unclear on what makes it hype. It seems like a legitimately successful way to grow plants compared to regular top watering, and so far almost everyone who has tried it is sticking with it.
I'm interested to know why you want to SIP in particular. What is it about the SIP that draws you in?
In a large pot that needs to be carried out of the house or the shed every morning and then carried back inside every night, it's much easier if the water is contained inside the reservoir of the bucket compared to a SWICK. Also, I don't have to worry about disconnecting the pot from the SWICK when I pick it up and then resetting the wicking each time.

And with an exposed reservoir I will get a ton of algae growth in the sun, not to mention much faster evaporation.
I don't understand why pots must be the same size?
Do you think I should skip a size on the bottom fed one? Why not keep them the same size? Much easier to carry two 1 gallon pots than a 1 gallon and a 5 gallon. If I have to transplant one sooner I will, but I can't see a downside to matching the pots for as long as possible.

As I mentioned, the reason for going with SWICKs when they're small is simplicity. I don't want to build SIPs of various sizes, but perlite SWICKs are much easier to create in solo cup and 1 gallon sizes.

I'm unclear on what makes it hype. It seems like a legitimately successful way to grow plants compared to regular top watering, and so far almost everyone who has tried it is sticking with it.

In a large pot that needs to be carried out of the house or the shed every morning and then carried back inside every night, it's much easier if the water is contained inside the reservoir of the bucket compared to a SWICK. Also, I don't have to worry about disconnecting the pot from the SWICK when I pick it up and then resetting the wicking each time.

And with an exposed reservoir I will get a ton of algae growth in the sun, not to mention much faster evaporation.

Do you think I should skip a size on the bottom fed one? Why not keep them the same size? Much easier to carry two 1 gallon pots than a 1 gallon and a 5 gallon. If I have to transplant one sooner I will, but I can't see a downside to matching the pots for as long as possible.
No I don't see any down sides either. I am just curious. The reason I use the word "hype" is because there is a great deal of SIPing going on suddenly. I've seen great plants grown in SIPs. I have no doubt it is an effective way to grow great plants.

For me as a newbie - I’m a bit unclear on the SWICK/SIP differentiation. And I have no wish to re read some heated conversations I skimmed previously.

My thoughts are for ease - creating something like what I believe is a mix of SWICK or WICK where I have cup within cup on perlite to really encourage that bottom feeding by feeding down the sides and get nice long roots early doors. The trick after is to get the more classic wider ones as well. That - my gut at the moment tells me is better done in (our) more traditional coco peat up pot. But they are the perfect shape and root structure for a SIP at this point. Used to feeding from below.

They’re so easy to start (and from what I see) finish in even just a Solo cup I’m always doing some form of it pre our defined “Day #1 Veg” it can be cup within cup or our pure hydro version I did recently for my challenge journal. Same thing. It feels like you’re slightly tricking them into going a more hydro root system early on which they might not necessarily switch on in a pure soil grow. Flexibility to feed and growth is the upside.

Boring! 😮 Your Thailand dagga adventures not exciting enough then? What does she think about it? Has she tried the product?

Ha. My parents were here in November for our daughters 3rd Birthday. Not seen the new house or their granddaughter in 2years and 9 months. There was this Covid thing!

The night before we were at the swank hotel they stay in having dinner and I mention a nee business me & Co were starting.
“Is it legal, son?”
- Mick, did you just ask him if the business is legal! (My Mum)
- Yeah Dad, its legal. Bizarre question!

My Dad had guessed. Read about legalisation and knew with my teenage form I’d be in the mix 😂

Next day they came over to the house and showed them the grow - tent flower room was about to be replaced with the permanent. I showed my Dad around the grows.

“Is it safe and is it legal?”
- yes, look at all the safety measure, electrical and fire we’ve paid for.
“Then good luck, what about the route to market? You don’t want to be, what is it “Dime Bagging it on the street” eh?
- lolz. What do you think Mum will say?
“The same but with ‘When can I try some?’

So it was. She never tried any but hopefully back this November.

😂

Nick

For me as a newbie - I’m a bit unclear on the SWICK/SIP differentiation. And I have no wish to re read some heated conversations I skimmed previously.

My thoughts are for ease - creating something like what I believe is a mix of SWICK or WICK where I have cup within cup on perlite to really encourage that bottom feeding by feeding down the sides and get nice long roots early doors. The trick after is to get the more classic wider ones as well. That - my gut at the moment tells me is better done in (our) more traditional coco peat up pot. But they are the perfect shape and root structure for a SIP at this point. Used to feeding from below.

They’re so easy to start (and from what I see) finish in even just a Solo cup I’m always doing some form of it pre our defined “Day #1 Veg” it can be cup within cup or our pure hydro version I did recently for my challenge journal. Same thing. It feels like you’re slightly tricking them into going a more hydro root system early on which they might not necessarily switch on in a pure soil grow. Flexibility to feed and growth is the upside.

Ha. My parents were here in November for our daughters 3rd Birthday. Not seen the new house or their granddaughter in 2years and 9 months. There was this Covid thing!

The night before we were at the swank hotel they stay in having dinner and I mention a nee business me & Co were starting.
“Is it legal, son?”
- Mick, did you just ask him if the business is legal! (My Mum)
- Yeah Dad, its legal. Bizarre question!

My Dad had guessed. Read about legalisation and knew with my teenage form I’d be in the mix 😂

Next day they came over to the house and showed them the grow - tent flower room was about to be replaced with the permanent. I showed my Dad around the grows.

“Is it safe and is it legal?”
- yes, look at all the safety measure, electrical and fire we’ve paid for.
“Then good luck, what about the route to market? You don’t want to be, what is it “Dime Bagging it on the street” eh?
- lolz. What do you think Mum will say?
“The same but with ‘When can I try some?’

So it was. She never tried any but hopefully back this November.

😂

Nick
Never forget the time I got high with my Pops. I was about 19 or 20 and he says I don’t know what you see in that 💩 and I said well do you want to find out? He says what the hell so I spark a joint and we’re smoking and laughing then he gets the munchies and starts eating everything in the house and goes to bed @7:00 pm. Lmao The next day he said it’s ok but I’m gonna stick with 🍺 beer. CL🍀

For me as a newbie - I’m a bit unclear on the SWICK/SIP differentiation.
There are a few people who have grown both ways who contribute to the SWICK thread. I've only heard good things about SIP so I don't doubt it is a great system. My comment is that it appears to be revolutionizing growing methodology quite significantly. Hype was possibly the wrong word to use. If you join the conversation in the SWICK thread you could get some info and photos. Nobody at 420 Mag has done a comparative grow yet. I'd like to see two clones grown in identical conditions, one on SIP and one on SWICK. I'd like to compare roots and see if / how they differ. I use SWICK for simplicity and it suits my setup on the dining room table better. I want to know if there is a difference in growth between SIP and SWICK grown clones.

Back
Top Bottom