InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

My Le Creme CBG seeds came from Ventura Seed Company (domain name is the same) but they sell to the trade and have a 100 seed minimum (@ $1/seed). stardawg found some DBL CBG (with a higher listed CBG percentage than mine) at a company called CBG Seed Source (domain name is the same) that sells lower quantities at $3.50/seed.
Thanks for this, Shed. I have a CBG pheno in my perpetual grow that hits about 13 or 14%. I'm definitely going to try the DBL CBG!

Sunday/Monday update depending on time zone (even in NZ)!

As I mentioned yesterday, I cut the Le Creme CBG auto off the line Saturday and put it in a jar to see what the RH was. This was after 4 hours:

Looks great right? Check it again after 24 hours:

Remember it's important to let the RH equalize before making your next move. I'm burping twice a day in a turkey bag now.

Moving on, today was post-stretch thinning day for the Le Creme CBG and the Amnesia Lemon Kush, both on flip day 22.

Here is the LeC before thinning:

And after:

And here is what I took off:

There was a lot of lower and internal stuff that needed to come off.

The ALK before:

And after:

What came off was minimal:

Why? Because this has a much more sativa structure with buds up and down the branches, I decided to leave on much more stuff that I would normally take off as larf. On a sativa it might be larfy all the way up since the buds don't always connect to the next one up. I didn't want to ding the harvest too badly so I went easy on it!

Let the bud building begin. 🏗️

I also noticed that the ALK was much darker green than the LeC, so I'm mixing two different nute blends. Everything is the same except the LeC is getting a bit more N.

That's it from me! I hope you all had a pretty good weekend and the weather isn't freezing your cows in place.
:peace:

Quotes:
Nothing specific - just on CBG in general - more studying needed!!!
Study on greenjeans! And of course, report back when you learn new stuff. :reading420magazine:
Thanks for this, Shed. I have a CBG pheno in my perpetual grow that hits about 13 or 14%. I'm definitely going to try the DBL CBG!
That's about what the LeC tests at, but the DBL CBG looks much more impressive! I'm not going to upgrade my seed collection for it though...I've got over 20 LeC seeds left. :)
Thanks!

20230204_160648 LeC auto jar 4 hours.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. One day when I have my drying room (closet) built, I'll be jumping into these more advanced techniques.
🙏

Why? Because this has a much more sativa structure with buds up and down the branches, I decided to leave on much more stuff that I would normally take off as larf. On a sativa it might be larfy all the way up since the buds don't always connect to the next one up. I didn't want to ding the harvest too badly so I went easy on it!
Important to note. Thank you!
Defol looks good, bottles good.... clean pots (how do you clean them btw?)

Study on greenjeans! And of course, report back when you learn new stuff. :reading420magazine:
RE: CBG... I just wanted to mention that cannabis chemotype 4 is the recognized CBG chemotype. As far as I know, these plants are grown to full bud ripeness, and that is the peak of CBG production. THC and CBD will be very low to non-existent.

RE: CBG... I just wanted to mention that cannabis chemotype 4 is the recognized CBG chemotype. As far as I know, these plants are grown to full bud ripeness, and that is the peak of CBG production. THC and CBD will be very low to non-existent.
I've read that too. Do you think the CBG levels are due to a mutation that prevents conversion to THC and CBD?

I've read that too. Do you think the CBG levels are due to a mutation that prevents conversion to THC and CBD?
Yeah, I guess it must be a mutation.

I know the Crawford brothers in Oregon were one of the first, if not the first, to breed a reliable CBG hemp seed line. I also recall that there was an Italian hemp strain – possibly a pheno of that strain – that was exceptionally high in CBG, and so perhaps that was a starting point.

How did the Crawford brothers do it? Here's from Overgrow.com in 2019: "...they explained how they crossed a marijuana derived CBG variety (that produces THC at about 1:27 ratio CBG:THC) with a (probably) hemp derived CBG variety that has a ratio of 1:100-200."

Yes, what I remember was the Italian hemp strain, Carmagnola... and there was just ONE ...

... so, there's a lot of pheno hunting involved in this sorta thing.

Damn more shit i don't understand , should have stayed in school ! Oh Shed while i am thinking about it , The oil I had with the olive oil in it for make edibles was so nasty after sitting in the fringe for 3 yrs. I tossed it No way i was making anything with it that would taste that bad . LOL 🤪

Here is the LeC before thinning:

And after:
Thank you for removing those yellow leaves. ;) Plants are looking beautiful in that So Cal sunshine! :green_heart:

Regarding the earlier discussions about CBG, I'd like to share that I've made some coconut oil capsules that contain about 10mg CBD and 7mg CBG and maybe 1 or 2mg THC. I take one every morning and every evening. Since doing so, my arthritis pain (beginning stages), and shoulder pain (frozen shoulder) have nearly disappeared and I get a solid 7 - 8 hours of sleep every night.

Thank you for removing those yellow leaves. ;) Plants are looking beautiful in that So Cal sunshine! :green_heart:

Regarding the earlier discussions about CBG, I'd like to share that I've made some coconut oil capsules that contain about 10mg CBD and 7mg CBG and maybe 1 or 2mg THC. I take one every morning and every evening. Since doing so, my arthritis (beginning stages), and shoulder pain (frozen shoulder) have nearly disappeared and I get a solid 7 - 8 hours of sleep every night.

I had frozen shoulder, did the nonsurgical surgery, consisted of them putting me to sleep and manually breaking the shoulder free. It worked.
Played golf with a orthopedic surgeon who told me the easiest way to fix frozen shoulder was to get real drunk and go swing on some monkey bars. My son had frozen shoulder and tried this and it worked for him. LOL

I make CCO with Everclear and mix the oil 5 to 1 with coconut oil, take 250 to 300 mg per night, helps with pain and I sleep through the night, if I get up to pee I am able to go right back to sleep.

Sunday/Monday update depending on time zone (even in NZ)!
With it now being Tuesday morning in my neck of the woods, I can let you know ahead of your time that the jarred CBG buds still look deliciously grainy with frost!

Thanks for sharing this. One day when I have my drying room (closet) built, I'll be jumping into these more advanced techniques.
Thanks, but my drying and curing is about as simple as it gets. The only leap I've made is into turkey bags for the burp stage rather than jars because 1 turkey bag is equal to 3 jars.

7 days hang dry (or as close as I can...if it's shorter I add days to the next step)
7 days burp 2x/day
7 days burp 1x/day
Jar and seal at 62% RH
Wait at least 3 weeks.
Easy!
Important to note. Thank you! Defol looks good, bottles good.... clean pots (how do you clean them btw?)
Thanks Carmen! These are 5 gallon pots and I rarely use those (the LeC is actually new. My 7 gallon pots are well-worn, but to answer your question, I hose off the dirt and toss them in the washing machine and dry them outside in the sun.

They come out looking good!
full

The handle ones are 7s and the top two are 10s, which tells you how old this pic is (Oct 2020)!
Thanks cbdhemp, that's what I was figuring when I decided when to chop...same timing as the CBD and THC plants.
I know the Crawford brothers in Oregon were one of the first, if not the first, to breed a reliable CBG hemp seed line. I also recall that there was an Italian hemp strain – possibly a pheno of that strain – that was exceptionally high in CBG, and so perhaps that was a starting point.

Yes, what I remember was the Italian hemp strain, Carmagnola... and there was just ONE ...
https://www.researchgate.net/figure...ants-indicated-as-belonging-to_fig4_225323012
... so, there's a lot of pheno hunting involved in this sorta thing.
Great info,
:thanks:

Damn more shit i don't understand , should have stayed in school ! Oh Shed while i am thinking about it , The oil I had with the olive oil in it for make edibles was so nasty after sitting in the fringe for 3 yrs. I tossed it No way i was making anything with it that would taste that bad . LOL
Yeah, I guess 3 years is past the expiration date on most things, cannabis or otherwise!
Nice trimming work Shed! Going with the flow is the way!
Thank you Otter! :meditate:
Thank you for removing those yellow leaves. Plants are looking beautiful in that So Cal sunshine!
LOL! I was actually going to leave them on, but they fell off while I was working on it. I'm hoping that bumping the N will slow down my natural inclination to have yellowing lowers in flower, and the ALK isn't showing the same damage.
Regarding the earlier discussions about CBG, I'd like to share that I've made some coconut oil capsules that contain about 10mg CBD and 7mg CBG and maybe 1 or 2mg THC. I take one every morning and every evening. Since doing so, my arthritis pain (beginning stages), and shoulder pain (frozen shoulder) have nearly disappeared and I get a solid 7 - 8 hours of sleep every night.
Ooh nice! I've had some right shoulder pain the last 4-5 months and the CBD isn't touching it, so maybe I'll make a batch of oil from some of these flowers and add it to the morning regimen.
I had frozen shoulder, did the nonsurgical surgery, consisted of them putting me to sleep and manually breaking the shoulder free. It worked.
Played golf with a orthopedic surgeon who told me the easiest way to fix frozen shoulder was to get real drunk and go swing on some monkey bars. My son had frozen shoulder and tried this and it worked for him. LOL
I make CCO with Everclear and mix the oil 5 to 1 with coconut oil, take 250 to 300 mg per night, helps with pain and I sleep through the night, if I get up to pee I am able to go right back to sleep.
Monkey bar search this weekend! 250-300mg of CBG is a lot but I'm glad you've got a number that works for you. Have you had your flowers tested to get those accurate numbers?
With it now being Tuesday morning in my neck of the woods, I can let you know ahead of your time that the jarred CBG buds still look deliciously grainy with frost!
Great glimpse into the future (huhuh, the future huhuh)! Thanks for that Stunger. :)

Thanks, but my drying and curing is about as simple as it gets. The only leap I've made is into turkey bags for the burp stage rather than jars because 1 turkey bag is equal to 3 jars.

7 days hang dry (or as close as I can...if it's shorter I add days to the next step)
7 days burp 2x/day
7 days burp 1x/day
Jar and seal at 62% RH
Wait at least 3 weeks.
Easy!

Thanks Carmen! These are 5 gallon pots and I rarely use those (the LeC is actually new. My 7 gallon pots are well-worn, but to answer your question, I hose off the dirt and toss them in the washing machine and dry them outside in the sun.

They come out looking good!
full

The handle ones are 7s and the top two are 10s, which tells you how old this pic is (Oct 2020)!

Thanks cbdhemp, that's what I was figuring when I decided when to chop...same timing as the CBD and THC plants.

Great info,
:thanks:

Yeah, I guess 3 years is past the expiration date on most things, cannabis or otherwise!

Thank you Otter! :meditate:

LOL! I was actually going to leave them on, but they fell off while I was working on it. I'm hoping that bumping the N will slow down my natural inclination to have yellowing lowers in flower, and the ALK isn't showing the same damage.

Ooh nice! I've had some right shoulder pain the last 4-5 months and the CBD isn't touching it, so maybe I'll make a batch of oil from some of these flowers and add it to the morning regimen.

Monkey bar search this weekend! 250-300mg of CBG is a lot but I'm glad you've got a number that works for you. Have you had your flowers tested to get those accurate numbers?

Great glimpse into the future (huhuh, the future huhuh)! Thanks for that Stunger. :)
I have not had it tested, just found a place in NM that my friend use's and I hope to do both bud and oil testing with this grow I am doing now. Grew this strain, (Barney's Farm LSD) a few years back and it is powerful and makes great CCO.

Had a slipped disc. Went to the chiropractor 3x a week for 6 months with no relief. Finally said hell with it and went golfing because I was jones'ing. I was OK with bunting it down the fairway just to get outside. 4th hole, par 3. Swang. Resulting mighty crack. Didn't realize anything until the 6th hole. Par 4, 340 hole distance but like 260 if you cut the corner over the water. Pulled out my normal 2 wood. Smoked it and was on the green. Finally realized that my golf swing put my back in place better than the chiropractor.

Had a slipped disc. Went to the chiropractor 3x a week for 6 months with no relief. Finally said hell with it and went golfing because I was jones'ing. I was OK with bunting it down the fairway just to get outside. 4th hole, par 3. Swang. Resulting mighty crack. Didn't realize anything until the 6th hole. Par 4, 340 hole distance but like 260 if you cut the corner over the water. Pulled out my normal 2 wood. Smoked it and was on the green. Finally realized that my golf swing put my back in place better than the chiropractor.

The funny thing about it...2 weeks later I was the captain (A player) of a blind draw scramble team. My B player was my chiropractor. We took 2nd place.

Back
Top Bottom