InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That's a classic!

My golf swing is pretty violent. At 5'9 I was 5th longest in the city's long drive contest one year. Played with the 6'4" guy that won the city long drive competition 2 years in a row and out drove him by 10 yards all day. Last Tee box he borrowed my driver because he thought that was the secret. Out drove him by 10 again. Top club head speed was 127 mph with a driver then. Had a buddy that was 136 mph with an old school Taylor Made System 2 driver. He was 144 mph with mine. He was crazy long and could compete in the Pro Long Drive comps. Driver carried 309 back then with the old 1992 balls. I built an indoor golf sim in my garage to try to get back into it. My wrist is missing 2 bones now and won't bend. In-laws moved out of town and my garage is now their storage. I haven't been able to use it since.

So, @InTheShed I'm trying to catch up on this journal, but I'm totally lost after making a few comments. Congrats on MOTY, well deserved! You've been selfless with your time &definitely contributed to my growth as a cultivator. I'm honored to have made your acquaintance...

7 days hang dry (or as close as I can...if it's shorter I add days to the next step)
7 days burp 2x/day
7 days burp 1x/day
Jar and seal at 62% RH
Wait at least 3 weeks.
Easy!
I learnt that from you and LR. Really takes the pressure off, so thank you.
The handle ones are 7s and the top two are 10s, which tells you how old this pic is (Oct 2020)!
And you don't get roots and stuff in the trap?

My golf swing is pretty violent. At 5'9 I was 5th longest in the city's long drive contest one year. Played with the 6'4" guy that won the city long drive competition 2 years in a row and out drove him by 10 yards all day. Last Tee box he borrowed my driver because he thought that was the secret. Out drove him by 10 again. Top club head speed was 127 mph with a driver then. Had a buddy that was 136 mph with an old school Taylor Made System 2 driver. He was 144 mph with mine. He was crazy long and could compete in the Pro Long Drive comps. Driver carried 309 back then with the old 1992 balls. I built an indoor golf sim in my garage to try to get back into it. My wrist is missing 2 bones now and won't bend. In-laws moved out of town and my garage is now their storage. I haven't been able to use it since.
Are sure you haven't been posting as Grandpa Jamie?

Yeah I’m 5’10 and skinny but was carrying 300 metres plus in early 2000’s with the big dog. But irons - only 125m with the 8. Short as. My club course start

I used to golf near where @Carmen Ray lives now. Some very big okes down there….

Speaking of dry cure stuff - anyone here using grove bags? I have and love them so far.

Yeah I’m 5’10 and skinny but was carrying 300 metres plus in early 2000’s with the big dog. But irons - only 125m with the 8. Short as. My club course start

I used to golf near where @Carmen Ray lives now. Some very big okes down there….

Speaking of dry cure stuff - anyone here using grove bags? I have and love them so far.
I've been dying to try them. Isn't it Grand Daddy Black who uses them?
Ah man there are some great golf courses in this country. Have you ever had a game at the course in Umdoni Park on the south coast of Durban on the east coast of South Africa (for those who don't know) ... that is like a complete unwind. Neve played myself but Ive seen it... if golfers can have cults, it has a cult following :)

When are you thinking you can drop some LeC?
As soon as my jars are full of the "must haves".
Probably around summertime....maybe fall.
Maybe I can just sneak a little one in somewhere sooner.

I have not had it tested, just found a place in NM that my friend use's and I hope to do both bud and oil testing with this grow I am doing now. Grew this strain, (Barney's Farm LSD) a few years back and it is powerful and makes great CCO.
Oh nice, thanks! I try to get the meds tested and the recreational not. :)
Had a slipped disc. Went to the chiropractor 3x a week for 6 months with no relief. Finally said hell with it and went golfing because I was jones'ing. I was OK with bunting it down the fairway just to get outside. 4th hole, par 3. Swang. Resulting mighty crack. Didn't realize anything until the 6th hole. Par 4, 340 hole distance but like 260 if you cut the corner over the water. Pulled out my normal 2 wood. Smoked it and was on the green. Finally realized that my golf swing put my back in place better than the chiropractor.
Golf for the win!
The funny thing about it...2 weeks later I was the captain (A player) of a blind draw scramble team. My B player was my chiropractor. We took 2nd place.
I'd probably be okay at it if I could play it with a baseball bat for driving and a pool cue for putting. :thumb:
That's a classic!
But pity the poor chiropractor losing clients!
Sorry to hear golf fixed your back but fucked up your wrist. Still...probably worth it!
Jon does seem to be a virtuoso amongst us...
Good thing he doesn't stop by here much or his head would get too big to leave. ;)
So, @InTheShed I'm trying to catch up on this journal, but I'm totally lost after making a few comments. Congrats on MOTY, well deserved! You've been selfless with your time &definitely contributed to my growth as a cultivator. I'm honored to have made your acquaintance...
Thank you rob! I really enjoy the friends I've made here, and I barely tolerate the rest of the folks. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I learnt that from you and LR. Really takes the pressure off, so thank you.
:hug:
And you don't get roots and stuff in the trap?
My washing machine has a trap? Or is this about golf still?
Are sure you haven't been posting as Grandpa Jamie?
:laugh:
Thats funny and I don't golf ,
Me neither but I think that's obvious by now. :rolleyes:
It seems like you've been around the world a few times!
Not me, I'm still a jar guy. Until someone can explain the science I'll just watch other folks use them!
Ah man there are some great golf courses in this country. Have you ever had a game at the course in Umdoni Park on the south coast of Durban on the east coast of South Africa (for those who don't know) ... that is like a complete unwind. Neve played myself but Ive seen it... if golfers can have cults, it has a cult following
They should have hired you to do their photography. 📷
As soon as my jars are full of the "must haves".
Probably around summertime....maybe fall.
Maybe I can just sneak a little one in somewhere sooner.
I'll wait! :nomo:

I've been dying to try them. Isn't it Grand Daddy Black who uses them?
Ah man there are some great golf courses in this country. Have you ever had a game at the course in Umdoni Park on the south coast of Durban on the east coast of South Africa (for those who don't know) ... that is like a complete unwind. Neve played myself but Ive seen it... if golfers can have cults, it has a cult following :)
Yes, I use them but I can't attest to whether they work "as advertised" because I still use humidity packs even with
Grove bags.

I love golf! And it loves me, but in a way that a person is "loved" by an abuser. :straightface:

Yes, I use them but I can't attest to whether they work "as advertised" because I still use humidity packs even with
Grove bags.

I love golf! And it loves me, but in a way that a person is "loved" by an abuser. :straightface:
I can relate... :ganjamon:

So back to the CBG thing...I read on a CBGA distillate distributor website (GVB BioPharma) that CBGA will basically only decarb into the stable CBG cannabinoid. Apparently it's all about losing that carbon atom. It doesn't transform directly into CBD or THC, but, with the help of some cannabis enzymes it will convert to the carboxylic acid forms CBDA, THCA and other cannabinoid precursors.

I can attest that smoking 18 mos old CBG flower doesn't get me high. It was similar to taking the tincture where I got an initial head buzz for about 5 minutes and then a boost of energy.

I was also having pain in my L wrist, R elbow and R side of my neck this morning. About 1 ml of CBG tincture and the pain in the wrist and neck went away, but not the pain in the elbow. The elbow pain was a little different as it was more of an acute tender feeling where as the wrist and neck were more of an aching / tension pain.

I also contacted the breeder of the the DBL CBG seeds and the flowering time for all of their CGG strains is 7-8 weeks. If my maths are correct that puts it tight around the same time window as my Northern Lights and Purple Queens, so I guess I need to stop stalling and pull the trigger on them seeds.

I was also having pain in my L wrist, R elbow and R side of my neck this morning. About 1 ml of CBG tincture and the pain in the wrist and neck went away, but not the pain in the elbow. The elbow pain was a little different as it was more of an acute tender feeling where as the wrist and neck were more of an aching / tension pain.
This is really good to know. It's also nice to know that it's doing some good work in the endoc. system and that we are expect a little buzz and then a boost. That sounds quite a good one for fatigue?

Thank you rob! I really enjoy the friends I've made here, and I barely tolerate the rest of the folks.
I'm glad you get my sense of humor.
I've found myself at a stage where I consider myself an advanced beginner at best.

Wednesday update!

Let's check in with some of the happenings at my place on flip day 24, shall we? I took some tent shots so it would be easier to see the plants without the contrast that comes from the sun.

Here's the Amnesia Lemon Kush SaugaView®:

Le Creme CBG, same angle:

And the two together so you can see the difference in color:

To show you what I mean about the different bud structure, here is the ALK:

Much looser spacing than the LeC:

That is much more what I'm used to in my plants.

Moving outside, let's take a look at the cloned tops, cut on 12/26/22:

They need water every morning but they're not getting upcanned yet (it hasn't been 180 days after all :cheesygrinsmiley: ), so I leave them inside every other day to slow their roll a bit.

Finally, here's a shot of the winter grow outside:

They just look like a smaller version of my other grows, like this one. I wonder what the g/day number is going to look like with a shorter veg. :hmmmm:

That's it from me today. I hope your day is filled with at least a bit of laughter and a bit sunshine. ☀️

Quotes:
Grove bags.
Nice hybrid approach!
I love golf! And it loves me, but in a way that a person is "loved" by an abuser.
I hope you're okay with that and we don't need an intervention...
I can relate...
Another one in an abusive relationship with golf. Thank god I don't play!
So back to the CBG thing
So not golf-related? :hmmmm:
I read on a CBGA distillate distributor website (GVB BioPharma) that CBGA will basically only decarb into the stable CBG cannabinoid. Apparently it's all about losing that carbon atom. It doesn't transform directly into CBD or THC, but, with the help of some cannabis enzymes it will convert to the carboxylic acid forms CBDA, THCA and other cannabinoid precursors.

I can attest that smoking 18 mos old CBG flower doesn't get me high. It was similar to taking the tincture where I got an initial head buzz for about 5 minutes and then a boost of energy.

I also contacted the breeder of the the DBL CBG seeds and the flowering time for all of their CGG strains is 7-8 weeks. If my maths are correct that puts it tight around the same time window as my Northern Lights and Purple Queens, so I guess I need to stop stalling and pull the trigger on them seeds.
Terrific information in there stardawg, and thanks for updating us on the 18 month old flower! Get that order in and drop those seeds. There are meds to be grown. :thumb:
If my maths are correct
If my hunch is correct, even though it says you're in Illinois, you were not raised in an American household!
This is really good to know. It's also nice to know that it's doing some good work in the endoc. system and that we are expect a little buzz and then a boost. That sounds quite a good one for fatigue?
Endoc LOL! I feel the same way every time I type out endocannabinoid. :high-five:
Sounds like what i need now for my neck from reading LOL Friend of mine called this morn. and said that he heard on radio news that they legalized medical here in North Carolina, any body hear this , i can't find nothing up to date ?
Checked google and found this from last June:
"The North Carolina Senate on Thursday gave initial approval to a bill to legalize medical marijuana."
Source

No idea where it went from there. Sorry. :(
I'm glad you get my sense of humor.
Humor can be tough to discern in posts, and half of my dry humor gets missed by folks who can't hear me or haven't figured me out yet.
I've found myself at a stage where I consider myself an advanced beginner at best.
I'm not that far removed from there as a grower. I'll consider myself improved when I can finally get a plant in flower that's not constantly dropping the lower leaves!

The plants are looking great Shed. The LeC leaves have a slightly different natural appearance in texture to the ALK. I wonder if the stem rub is 'lemony' on the ALK, I have never had a distinct lemon smell from a plant. The 2 plants standing in the winter sun look really good - I wish we got winter sun like that!

Wednesday update!

Let's check in with some of the happenings at my place on flip day 24, shall we? I took some tent shots so it would be easier to see the plants without the contrast that comes from the sun.

Here's the Amnesia Lemon Kush SaugaView®:

Le Creme CBG, same angle:

And the two together so you can see the difference in color:

To show you what I mean about the different bud structure, here is the ALK:

Much looser spacing than the LeC:

That is much more what I'm used to in my plants.

Moving outside, let's take a look at the cloned tops, cut on 12/26/22:

They need water every morning but they're not getting upcanned yet (it hasn't been 180 days after all :cheesygrinsmiley: ), so I leave them inside every other day to slow their roll a bit.

Finally, here's a shot of the winter grow outside:

They just look like a smaller version of my other grows, like this one. I wonder what the g/day number is going to look like with a shorter veg. :hmmmm:

That's it from me today. I hope your day is filled with at least a bit of laughter and a bit sunshine. ☀️

Quotes:

Nice hybrid approach!

I hope you're okay with that and we don't need an intervention...

Another one in an abusive relationship with golf. Thank god I don't play!

So not golf-related? :hmmmm:

Terrific information in there stardawg, and thanks for updating us on the 18 month old flower! Get that order in and drop those seeds. There are meds to be grown. :thumb:

If my hunch is correct, even though it says you're in Illinois, you were not raised in an American household!

Endoc LOL! I feel the same way every time I type out endocannabinoid. :high-five:

Checked google and found this from last June:
"The North Carolina Senate on Thursday gave initial approval to a bill to legalize medical marijuana."
Source

No idea where it went from there. Sorry. :(

Humor can be tough to discern in posts, and half of my dry humor gets missed by folks who can't hear me or haven't figured me out yet.

I'm not that far removed from there as a grower. I'll consider myself improved when I can finally get a plant in flower that's not constantly dropping the lower leaves!
I'm not sure why I made the comment about being an advanced beginner. I was probably going to lavish praise on you, but purple kush...

Back
Top Bottom