InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It's amazing how much you can go through when there's an 'endless' supply, isn't it? Congrats on the harvest and good luck getting it dried and cured.

That's great advice Captain! Of course it would require me to want to get better at guitar. :)

Uh oh you're already referring to yourself in the third person like rich people do. :cheesygrinsmiley:
CaptainLucky would never act bouigie. Lol CL🍀
Hi bluster. Funny you should say that!
I have this beauty set up for slide. Usually open E tuning.
20221019_132405.jpg

Stay stoneder
What kind of amps are you running? CL🍀

I've owned a nice tobacco sunburst Les Paul that I traded for a Firebird. Both in the 80s when I was working in bars. Those and a Marshall stack were instantly tone perfect for a lot of bar music. I still played my Fenders though.
Stay musically stoneder
Do you have any problems going from a Fender neck to a Gibson? It takes me hours of playing to switch and always amazes me how fast some people can go to one and the next. CL🍀

Happy Thursday everyone! I decided to do a rootopsy on the Purple Urkle this morning, so here's an update on that...

Let's start with the removal of the cloth grow bag from GeoPot. Folks often think that if you need to transplant out of a cloth bag (one without velcro sides obv) you need to cut it, ruining the pot.

Not true! Here's a tip I picked up on this site many years ago: put the pot on an upside down bucket narrower than the width of the pot:

And work the sides down until you can just pull it off completely:

Don't worry about tearing the outer roots that are attached to the cloth, those are already air pruned!

Let's take a look at the very bottom of the rootball:

Nicely webbed wouldn't you say? Watering to runoff makes sure those roots are kept alive and productive.

Here's a shot of the side:

This is a solid mass of roots that took me a while to break apart, since the plant had been in the pot for about 4 months.

Here are some closeups of the roots in the soil:

I did not see any root aphids with the naked eye, nor when zooming in on the pictures. Nor did I see any movement of anything as I broke it all apart, though i didn't have time to break out the scope. Seems like the H2O2 and/or SNS 209 watering did the trick against them. And I saved some soil so I can run a pH test on both this and the Trainwreck soil over the weekend. We'll see!

In drying news, it was 44% RH in the house last night and I got all the buds down to ~64% RH. I need to be very careful not to leave them out too long during burping for the next two days, but over the weekend the clouds come back and we should be back to normal humidity (60s and 70s).

That's it from me today. I hope all is going well with your week so far. Happy growing! 🌱

Happy Thursday everyone! I decided to do a rootopsy on the Purple Urkle this morning, so here's an update on that...

Let's start with the removal of the cloth grow bag from GeoPot. Folks often think that if you need to transplant out of a cloth bag (one without velcro sides obv) you need to cut it, ruining the pot.

Not true! Here's a tip I picked up on this site many years ago: put the pot on an upside down bucket narrower than the width of the pot:

Don't worry about tearing the outer roots that are attached to the cloth, those are already air pruned!

Nicely webbed wouldn't you say? Watering to runoff makes sure those roots are kept alive and productive.

This is a solid mass of roots that took me a while to break apart, since the plant had been in the pot for about 4 months.

I did not see any root aphids with the naked eye, nor when zooming in on the pictures. Nor did I see any movement of anything as I broke it all apart, though i didn't have time to break out the scope. Seems like the H2O2 and/or SNS 209 watering did the trick against them. And I saved some soil so I can run a pH test on both this and the Trainwreck soil over the weekend. We'll see!

In drying news, it was 44% RH in the house last night and I got all the buds down to ~64% RH. I need to be very careful not to leave them out too long during burping for the next two days, but over the weekend the clouds come back and we should be back to normal humidity (60s and 70s).

That's it from me today. I hope all is going well with your week so far. Happy growing! 🌱
Great watering job grows great roots, well done bro.👏👍CL🍀

Do you have any problems going from a Fender neck to a Gibson? It takes me hours of playing to switch and always amazes me how fast some people can go to one and the next. CL🍀
It was definitely smoother for me playing Fenders, especially the older style C oval necks. The wide, flat fretboard of my Les was so different from the strat but that humbucker tone was there and you could drop it from three foot and it would stay in tune, lol! The Firebird's neck was close to the Les actually and not at all like the thin, totally playable 60s style neck AND it was freakin neck heavy making it difficult to play decent slide riffs even with monster tone. Ok, haha, I've taken up enough of the space in the Shed with music stuff. I could and would go all day!
Stay stoneder

Cool, Shed! I liked a Bubba Kush plant so much that after harvest and heavy pruning, I had to roll the geopot on the ground to loosen the roots' grip, pulled it off and cut the ball way down and cored it a bit, and revegged it in fresh coco on to flower. A lot of work but the buds from that girl were superb.
Stay stoneder

Cool, Shed! I liked a Bubba Kush plant so much that after harvest and heavy pruning, I had to roll the geopot on the ground to loosen the roots' grip, pulled it off and cut the ball way down and cored it a bit, and revegged it in fresh coco on to flower. A lot of work but the buds from that girl were superb.
Stay stoneder
Root pruning is definitely a thing so it's not surprising that Bubba did well afterwards. I've done it on 1 gallon mother plants and recently a solo cup as a test. I know that @StoneOtter root pruned a big plant shortly before flipping and it turned out hunky dory!

It was definitely smoother for me playing Fenders, especially the older style C oval necks. The wide, flat fretboard of my Les was so different from the strat but that humbucker tone was there and you could drop it from three foot and it would stay in tune, lol! The Firebird's neck was close to the Les actually and not at all like the thin, totally playable 60s style neck AND it was freakin neck heavy making it difficult to play decent slide riffs even with monster tone. Ok, haha, I've taken up enough of the space in the Shed with music stuff. I could and would go all day!
Stay stoneder
I love my SG but going from my Strat or Tele that I can rip on it feels like a bass when I play for the first few hours the strings are so far apart. Enuff guitar talk. CL🍀

Stay stoneder
A little encouragement, nice!

Here's a tip I picked up on this site many years ago: put the pot on an upside down bucket narrower than the width of the pot:
I learned today
The Tidy-Cat way!

thnx shed. I'm going to try this with the super-wide but shallow cloth pots I use for my courgettes/zucchini, using a 50 gal drum. If I can lift 'em up there maybe I can squeeze yet another season out of them.

Be well, be chill, and all the best to you and yours.

Does anyone here play a piccolo? :rofl:

Nice roots Shed!

Stay stoneder
A little encouragement, nice!
Does anyone here play a piccolo? :rofl:

Nice roots Shed!
Only nose flute.

Back
Top Bottom