InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

This morning's flip-day news is here!

Ooh sounds fancy. Ours is operates 24/7 from end of Nov till Marchish.
Actually I've never seen an ice store. Around here there usually is a ice box outside the store with a lock (sometimes no lock).
LOL! That'll get you lots of ice, but it's not gonna get you dry ice. ;)
You get to decide, as in the more you squeeze the pucks, the less crumbly it is. Though ive made pucks that you need pliers to take apart, or a lighter to soften first.
Thanks Rex! I may decide to ignore it and just leave it as is. As the poster from my 9th grade English classroom read in 1972, "Not to decide is to decide"!
The presses are dirt cheap on the Zon. Search for "Pollen press".
I'll take a look, but it's not like I have so much I need to compress it to save room! :laugh:
The lighter colored hash below is harder pressed then the darker. You can easily see how you can play with the density.
Nice collection of hash balls. 👍

Maybe I should start saving my trim instead of tossing it...:hmmmm:
I never bothered with the whole grating frozen stuff process. I just rolled it into temple balls and stuck those in the freezer until I needed them. Olive oil will dissolve any hash left on tools or hands, and can then be decarbed into infused oil for cooking.
I'll give olive oil a try next time, thanks Mel! And I grated it because I kept reading that leaving it rolled up and wet might cause it to mold. I figured better safe than a complete waste of time!

All this talk of bubble hash vs dry ice hash. All I have ever done is bubble hash. I do not find it that difficult since it's normally a 2 person job with the son and I. We smoke a cigar and run the hand mixer.

My local grocery store is supposed to sell dry ice but the cooler is always empty. After looking into dry ice more, and seeing how much more it yields, I'm gonna have to try another store and see if I can find some in stock. Ordered a pollen press too. I have 2 full brown paper grocery bags of trim sitting here and 4 more plants to harvest soon.

Sorry to hear of your frustrating bubble hash project, Shed. I agree that it seems like too much trouble. Felonious and I are supposed to be making hash sometime this summer but I think we were planning on going the dry ice route if we can find any. As far as I know, Ontario doesn't have any "ice stores", although Quebec has an "ice hotel". ;)

Sorry to hear of your frustrating bubble hash project, Shed. I agree that it seems like too much trouble. Felonious and I are supposed to be making hash sometime this summer but I think we were planning on going the dry ice route if we can find any. As far as I know, Ontario doesn't have any "ice stores", although Quebec has an "ice hotel". ;)
Haven’t looked in to whether it’s available via retail but check out the event planning suppliers.
Quick search gave me a cpl spots in my area than mention dry ice 😀
They will be licensed to carry all the gases as well for soft drink machines, beer kegs and balloon helium

And for @BeezLuiz' Shedsheet:

Trainwreck height 34":
Purple Urkle height 33.5"
Got it. :thumb:
I know that unless they're pretty small, the finger hash balls don't seem to burn in the bong along with the flower, so they're left sitting unburned in a bowl of ash at the end. Does this kind of hash burn more easily?
I actually find that it burns really well. Keeps the flower lit too. I just pinch some flat (the kief) and lay it on top of the flower in the bowl.

All this talk of bubble hash vs dry ice hash. All I have ever done is bubble hash. I do not find it that difficult since it's normally a 2 person job with the son and I. We smoke a cigar and run the hand mixer.

My local grocery store is supposed to sell dry ice but the cooler is always empty. After looking into dry ice more, and seeing how much more it yields, I'm gonna have to try another store and see if I can find some in stock. Ordered a pollen press too. I have 2 full brown paper grocery bags of trim sitting here and 4 more plants to harvest soon.
The mixing part is a breeze, even with an old branch off a lemon tree, but after that it's all a royal pain in the ass! Post pics when you run through those bags. 👀
Hi mister Shed, everything is OK, nice to see you are growing garlic
Oh good! :thanks: for stopping by and allaying my fears. I posted an updated garlic pic in your thread here.
Sorry to hear of your frustrating bubble hash project, Shed. I agree that it seems like too much trouble. Felonious and I are supposed to be making hash sometime this summer but I think we were planning on going the dry ice route if we can find any. As far as I know, Ontario doesn't have any "ice stores", although Quebec has an "ice hotel".
I guess I'd need to get to that hotel soon since I doubt it will be cold enough to make it a few winters down the line.

There's got to be a place that sells dry ice near you, but I guess it won't be as obvious as Googling "ice near me"!

Put up pics of your dry-ice process when you do it, as you are HashGirl. ;)
Haven’t looked in to whether it’s available via retail but check out the event planning suppliers.
Quick search gave me a cpl spots in my area than mention dry ice
They will be licensed to carry all the gases as well for soft drink machines, beer kegs and balloon helium
Thanks SCD! Where are you located?
Oh, I re-measured this morning and would like to change the Purple Urkle to 34.5" since it seems I didn't measure the tallest branch. Thanks BL!
I actually find that it burns really well. Keeps the flower lit too. I just pinch some flat (the kief) and lay it on top of the flower in the bowl.
Good info! I will drop a bit on top of the bowl next time I see someone packing it. :thumb:

There's got to be a place that sells dry ice near you,
Around here, the welding supply stores sell dry ice in bulk. Not sure why, but they do.
Might be worth looking in to.

I just get my dry ice at the local grocery store. Both Lucky and Safeway carry it. It's near the checkout registers and you have to ask for someone to unlock the case.
Oh, I re-measured this morning and would like to change the Purple Urkle to 34.5" since it seems I didn't measure the tallest branch. Thanks BL!
Update has been entered.

I just get my dry ice at the local grocery store. Both Lucky and Safeway carry it. It's near the checkout registers and you have to ask for someone to unlock the case.
Many stores will carry dry ice for use on Halloween - it makes fog when you put a chunk in a pot of warm water.

Odds and ends Sunday update! Staying inside today because it's too hot and muggy for my constitution, but once it cools down I have to trim the Candida mother plant.

Let's start with the seed test of a pair of dark/striped ones from the Sour G's pollinated from the STS sprayed plant:

Got tails in 24 hours on them and they've been in peat since Friday night. I think I'm seeing some movement on one side but I'll post an update tomorrow if there's action.

Also in Sour G news, the second set of cuttings taken on July 5th also never rooted in perlite:

No matter...I have a few seeds now.

Moving on, the Candida came off the drying rack at 62% so I weighed them:

That's 300g / 10.6 ounces of CBD goodness! I'll burp them for a week or so and then put them away for oil. This harvest closes the book on my growing in ProMix HP that I started back in 2018. I'll stick with soil for a while to see if I do better in late flower than I have messing with the pH issues that ProMix presents with long grows.

Finally for the day, any idea what I'm looking at here on the bottom of the Trainwreck:

I know I boosted the N too early (a day before flip) from the clawing, but this looks it might be a K deficiency. Only way that could happen is because N locks out K. I don't think there's that much extra N in it because only the lowest fans are clawing, but I may flush tomorrow morning and reset at 4.5g/gallon equivalent.

Thoughts?

I hope you're all staying cool and dry this weekend. :cool:

Quote:
Damn, thats a shame it didnt turn out good and was a PIA sounds like it anyway . Plant are looking Healthy ! It would cost to much to make hash here NC SUCKS
Thanks sb! Unless dry ice is expensive, the only cost is the bubble bags which were about $24 off Amazon. Plus the weed of course. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Finally for the day, any idea what I'm looking at here on the bottom of the Trainwreck:

I know I boosted the N too early (a day before flip) from the clawing, but this looks it might be a K deficiency. Only way that could happen is because N locks out K. I don't think there's that much extra N in it because only the lowest fans are clawing, but I may flush tomorrow morning and reset at 4.5g/gallon equivalent.

Thoughts?

I hope you're all staying cool and dry this weekend. :cool:

Quote:

Thanks sb! Unless dry ice is expensive, the only cost is the bubble bags which were about $24 off Amazon. Plus the weed of course. :cheesygrinsmiley:
What is the saying? "If it's yellow let it mellow, If it's brown flush it down."
I don't think that applies here. Well, on second thought maybe it does.

Highya ITS,

It does look most like a Potassium deficiency! Always good to stay on top of these things! Happy Smokin'

He he! I have 5-6 ideas what it might be! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom