InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I am sure you have trashed the mother by now so ........
Wednesday Magic upd8ball says "You may rely on it." update

RIP Sour G mother plant!

Make one of those awesome pipes from her... pay homage
It definitely wasn't big enough around for a pipe, and after making one and my wife not using it because she didn't want to "mess it up," I'm not keeping trunks around anymore!

In other news, look who decided to make an appearance:

The second brown seed that never got a tail in water is up (a week after getting planted) and now in the sun with its brethren! ☀️

Carry on with what you were doing...

Damn. What was I doing? :straightface:

Damn. What was I doing?
Damn good question!
That plant is in a Better place ! Damn you going for a winter crop too?
Better than a rootbound pot that's for sure! And no winter crop planned this year as the goal is to get to NY late fall to clean out my parents' apartment and sell it. Once I get back home I may run something in the tent, but I won't be attempting to keep the shed to a reasonable temperature in the winter anymore.
Not a cheery tree, but I’m sure George Washington would be proud.
LOL! I must have made him proud a few times this year, like here and here. :)

Wednesday Magic upd8ball says "You may rely on it." update

RIP Sour G mother plant!

It definitely wasn't big enough around for a pipe, and after making one and my wife not using it because she didn't want to "mess it up," I'm not keeping trunks around anymore!

In other news, look who decided to make an appearance:

The second brown seed that never got a tail in water is up (a week after getting planted) and now in the sun with its brethren! ☀️

Carry on with what you were doing...
4 weddings germinations and a funeral, its been a busy week for you.

Digging the industrial ghetto chic Jiffy pellet trays!

Monday harvest update y'all!

It was time to take down the Candida yesterday on flip day 63. It had really slowed down on the drinking, barely smelled anymore, and I was sick of looking at it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Saturday I pulled all the fans off and a few buds came with them. Here is what they looked like:

And on Sunday around noon it came out of the shed:

I untied it, pulled out the maypole, and let it flop:

I washed it in 3 gallons of water with ½ cup of baking soda and 136g of citric acid, rinsed it, hung it to dry, and gathered my wife and son to help with a quick trim while we watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Rather than hang them back up, I cut them all off the stems:

And put them on the drying racks with a fan on them:

This is the RH in the room this morning:

They'll be going to oil so I don't need them perfect at 62%, but 65% with a fan looks good to me!

While all that was going on, I neglected the Candida mother plant yesterday:

It responded rather well:

I hope your weekend went well and all is good with you. Tomorrow I'll do a post of my bubble hash experience, so don't stray too far. :)

Quote:
4 weddings germinations and a funeral, its been a busy week for you.
LOL thanks Baron! I'll be cutting down those 4 germination tests later this week and starting a new one with the pollinated Sour G seeds.
:thumb:

Digging the industrial ghetto chic Jiffy pellet trays!
Needs must!

Congratulations on the harvest!
I've been saying that a lot today
Thanks Melville! As long as you say it to me it's all good. :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's alot of amber. Do CBD plants amber faster?
I don't think CBD plants amber faster, but I don't harvest any of my plants by trich color. The sun will cause the trichomes to go dark so I don't use it as a gauge anymore. It gets chopped when it's stopped drinking and the smell changes, along with when I'm sick of looking at it!
Did you pull off the fans before harvest to allow light to hit the lower bud? Or getting a head start on trimming
To get a head start on trimming. I never take fans blocking bud sites because my light puts out 135,000 lux and is on a mover that changes the angle throughout the day. Also, I leave very few flowers below the top colas.

Congrats on the harvest Shed!
Quite a haul.

I don't think CBD plants amber faster, but I don't harvest any of my plants by trich color. The sun will cause the trichomes to go dark so I don't use it as a gauge anymore. It gets chopped when it's stopped drinking and the smell changes, along with when I'm sick of looking at it!
Makes sense. I've seen this on prior outside grows.

Also, I leave very few flowers below the top colas.
Wise move. All her energy goes to the large buds. Minimal larf.

Congrats on the harvest Shed! Quite a haul.
Thanks Grateful! Even though it was pretty ragged in the end, it was pretty sticky and more than I expected. I hope to be able to get it close to 62% so I can get a weight on it before it gets decarbed for oil.
Makes sense. I've seen this on prior outside grows.
@Amy Gardner always told me that outside amber isn't like tent amber because of the impact of the sun on trichomes, and @BeezLuiz discovered that harvesting based on the standard tent-based reading of amber left him with low THC numbers and zero CBN. Here are his tests results.

As an outside grower it's worth a read if you haven't seen it before.
Wise move. All her energy goes to the large buds. Minimal larf.
I hate trimming larf! I don't ever claim that trimming my way increases yield, but it sure does make trimming more tolerable. #nolarf

Highya ITS,

Very nice work with the harvest the Candida mother. I'm quite surprised about the amber trichomes so plentiful in some pics and only a few in others. Seems unusual to me. But I don't look around enough when deciding to chop, I guess. Anyways, thank you for posting the harvest. Happy Smokin'

Very nice work with the harvest the Candida mother. I'm quite surprised about the amber trichomes so plentiful in some pics and only a few in others. Seems unusual to me. But I don't look around enough when deciding to chop, I guess. Anyways, thank you for posting the harvest. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! I really don't remember where those buds came off when I was plucking fans, but it might be some right up top and some tucked in the middle. It's all going for oil and in reality, no one even seems to know what cannabinoid CBD degrades to when it goes pasts peak ripeness anyway! :hmmmm:

Congrats on yet another great harvest, Shed!
but it sure does make trimming more tolerable. #nolarf
Less time in trim jail is always a good thing...✂️

Back
Top Bottom