InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

In my experience the pail one don't sprot or the plants don't look right or just grow funkie ,
To sb's point, here is the Thursday update on the Sour G STS seeds...

When I got home last night, both striped seeds had tails (the bubbles are from the H2O2):

And one of the two brown seeds had a tail:

All four went into peat pucks last night.

As of this morning there was still nothing happening with the pale or green ones, but those went into peat as well since they'd already been soaking for 36 hours.

Here they all are in the Shoebox of Light® at 80ºF:

We'll see!

:thanks: for stopping by.

To sb's point, here is the Thursday update on the Sour G STS seeds...

When I got home last night, both striped seeds had tails (the bubbles are from the H2O2):

And one of the two brown seeds had a tail:

All four went into peat pucks last night.

As of this morning there was still nothing happening with the pale or green ones, but those went into peat as well since they'd already been soaking for 36 hours.

Here they all are in the Shoebox of Light® at 80ºF:

We'll see!

:thanks: for stopping by.
I am currently coaxing Galactic forces for them......so you got that going for you.
🪐🌏🌔✨

I am currently coaxing Galactic forces for them......so you got that going for you.
🪐🌏🌔✨
I am laughing because the Baron did/could not fit a reference to Terpinator in his post! :laughtwo:

I've come to expect the extreme before/after characteristic Shed pics, but this one made me :eek:
Sorry the DV didn't work out🗑️, but congrats about those newly tailed beans! 🎉
:thanks: Adora! The seeds were free and the harvest was good, so I can't complain. And my son said his friends enjoyed the smoke last night so that's good too! I guess we'll have to keep waiting for a shot at some THCV.

Excellent use of the new emoji set! 👀

A Sunday update because it's too hot outside to do anything!

First, the seed collection process on the two Sour G pollinated plants...

After 4 days of drying in the sun I tried the bag and bang technique, but when I looked at the buds afterwards there were still lots of seeds inside the deepest recesses of the flowers. I am not one to leave stones unturned, so I picked up each flower and ground it between my palms like you would when crushing oregano.

This is what it looked like when I was done:

Both hands were covered in resin, and this is what I scraped off:

After many many many rounds of cleaning on a smooth tray (like it was 1976), I ended up with this:

I then cleaned and sorted the entire container, separating light and dark ones and trashing the plant material and the small or unformed seeds.

Here are the final results:
20220716_103535.jpg

That's a lot of seeds!

I will test germinate a couple of each in two weeks and get back to you on whether I keep the pale ones. And speaking of pale ones, let's get back to the test germination of the seeds from the STS plant.

Yesterday morning all the seeds that had tails were breaking ground:

I waited until this morning to see if the tailless brown one or the pale or green ones would pop, and when nothing did I planted those two peat pucks:

I had them in the sun for a while but decided it was too hot and moved them into the shade. Once the heat of the day has passed I'll put them back out.

I hope your weekend is going well and your mood is bright! 😎

Seed-making success! Congrats Shed! :Rasta:

A Sunday update because it's too hot outside to do anything!

First, the seed collection process on the two Sour G pollinated plants...

After 4 days of drying in the sun I tried the bag and bang technique, but when I looked at the buds afterwards there were still lots of seeds inside the deepest recesses of the flowers. I am not one to leave stones unturned, so I picked up each flower and ground it between my palms like you would when crushing oregano.

This is what it looked like when I was done:

Both hands were covered in resin, and this is what I scraped off:

After many many many rounds of cleaning on a smooth tray (like it was 1976), I ended up with this:

I then cleaned and sorted the entire container, separating light and dark ones and trashing the plant material and the small or unformed seeds.

Here are the final results:
20220716_103535.jpg

That's a lot of seeds!

I will test germinate a couple of each in two weeks and get back to you on whether I keep the pale ones. And speaking of pale ones, let's get back to the test germination of the seeds from the STS plant.

Yesterday morning all the seeds that had tails were breaking ground:

I waited until this morning to see if the tailless brown one or the pale or green ones would pop, and when nothing did I planted those two peat pucks:

I had them in the sun for a while but decided it was too hot and moved them into the shade. Once the heat of the day has passed I'll put them back out.

I hope your weekend is going well and your mood is bright! 😎
Excellent update Shed!
Any chance you would want to move all of your seed making tutorial posts to a separate thread? Really good stuff and the gears in my head are turning. Not very fast mind you, but they are turning. LOL! At some point some of us may want to do the same.

Seed-making success! Congrats Shed!
Thanks GDB! It's been a long time coming, but now that I know it works I will definitely be scaling it back next go round. 🎠
No shit, Shed!
No 💩 at all!
Excellent update Shed!
Any chance you would want to move all of your seed making tutorial posts to a separate thread? Really good stuff and the gears in my head are turning. Not very fast mind you, but they are turning. LOL! At some point some of us may want to do the same.
Thanks Grateful! I don't know if it's worth a whole thread, but I can put together a single post summary you can bookmark.
Congrats on the need seeds popping up for a look
Thank you Bionic! It's really not surprising that the ones without tails haven't sprouted. I can't remember ever having a seed sprout that didn't have a tail going into the peat pucks.

Back
Top Bottom