InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Monday update of what happened after the Sunday update!

Let's get to the greenery first, so here is the Purple Urkle this morning on day 90:

And here it was 25 minutes later:

Here's what came off:

Getting ready for flip next weekend! Trainwreck will have its day tomorrow.

As I mentioned a while back, I wanted to run slurry tests on the harvested Jack Herer 1.1 with the crunchy leaves and the Candida currently on flip day 57, so I did that yesterday. Here is the slurry:

Here is the Jack Herer 1.1 result:

And the Candida result:

Both are in perfect pH range for ProMix, so at least I know I managed to drop it down from the 6.8 it had been at earlier!

Finally for the day, I had bagged up the harvested Jack Herer 1.1 a few days ago and across three bags it had settled between 60 and 62% RH, so I thought I'd weigh it (I had to tare the bowl and the bag first because it was too much for the bowl alone):

It's hard to read, but that's 434g or 15.3 ounces! All the fans are off though I didn't do a tight trim of the sugars like I normally do, but some folks leave them on as well. And when I finally get around to making dry ice hash from it I should have quite a kief collection. :eek:

I hope your weekend turned out well and that the week is off to a great start! :slide:

Quotes:
That looks like some shit I grew out in the wild a few times , no prob. getting seeds Good harvest on the seeds man
Thanks sb! Growing in the wild is obviously quite the crap shoot. :)
What a load! Congrats!
Thank you Otter!
Congrats on the awesome haul, Shed!
They're going to take up a lot of room in the fridge. :cheesygrinsmiley:

PU: "Ouch...ooooch. Stop snipping on me! I'm getting cold!"

Shed the Merciless is back at it again! :)

Those JH buds look great, and that's a lotta' weed!

Great stuff Shed. :Rasta:

It's hard to read, but that's 434g or 15.3 ounces! All the fans are off though I didn't do a tight trim of the sugars like I normally do, but some folks leave them on as well. And when I finally get around to making dry ice hash from it I should have quite a kief collection. :eek:
Outstanding!

Nice trim job, excellent slurry result and that's a lot of fine looking JH on that scale
Thank you Carmen! Not a bad 24 hours. :thumb:
15.3 ounces is stellar Shed! You're going for all kief huh? I'm jealous! I'm hot to get the boiling water and wine bottle roller going one day here.
I'm going for all kief (if I can be bothered to get through it) because most of the buds are pretty crispy and unsmokeable. We'll see if I have the patience for that. :rolleyes:
Beautiful work "Shedding " your Purple Urkle! YUM!
Thanks Otter!
PU: "Ouch...ooooch. Stop snipping on me! I'm getting cold!"
Shed the Merciless is back at it again!
Those JH buds look great, and that's a lotta' weed!
Great stuff Shed.
Thank you GDB! That's a lot more weed than I thought it would be but it's hard to tell what you'll end up with when there's so much larf on it.
Outstanding!
:thanks:

Nice leg shave on the PU- she looked good before- now...even better!
And congrats on the JH harvest- crispy or not, that's a bunch o' weed!

A Sunday update because it's too hot outside to do anything!

First, the seed collection process on the two Sour G pollinated plants...

After 4 days of drying in the sun I tried the bag and bang technique, but when I looked at the buds afterwards there were still lots of seeds inside the deepest recesses of the flowers. I am not one to leave stones unturned, so I picked up each flower and ground it between my palms like you would when crushing oregano.

This is what it looked like when I was done:

Both hands were covered in resin, and this is what I scraped off:

After many many many rounds of cleaning on a smooth tray (like it was 1976), I ended up with this:

I then cleaned and sorted the entire container, separating light and dark ones and trashing the plant material and the small or unformed seeds.

Here are the final results:
20220716_103535.jpg

That's a lot of seeds!

I will test germinate a couple of each in two weeks and get back to you on whether I keep the pale ones. And speaking of pale ones, let's get back to the test germination of the seeds from the STS plant.

Yesterday morning all the seeds that had tails were breaking ground:

I waited until this morning to see if the tailless brown one or the pale or green ones would pop, and when nothing did I planted those two peat pucks:

I had them in the sun for a while but decided it was too hot and moved them into the shade. Once the heat of the day has passed I'll put them back out.

I hope your weekend is going well and your mood is bright! 😎
Awesome seed update! Sorry I’ve been in trim jail, just catching up. That’s a lot of seeds!

As I mentioned a while back, I wanted to run slurry tests on the harvested Jack Herer 1.1 with the crunchy leaves and the Candida currently on flip day 57, so I did that yesterday. Here is the slurry:

Here is the Jack Herer 1.1 result:

And the Candida result:

Was the only point of the slurry tests to see if it dropped down from 6.8 or was there another purpose as well?

Both are in perfect pH range for ProMix, so at least I know I managed to drop it down from the 6.8 it had been at earlier!

I thought you were growing in soil??? :hmmmm:

Finally for the day, I had bagged up the harvested Jack Herer 1.1 a few days ago and across three bags it had settled between 60 and 62% RH, so I thought I'd weigh it (I had to tare the bowl and the bag first because it was too much for the bowl alone):

I hope your weekend turned out well and that the week is off to a great start! :slide:

Congrats on the harvest, Shed! 434g is a great yield! Why are you using it all for dry ice hash? Doesn't your family like it?

And when I finally get around to making dry ice hash from it I should have quite a kief collection. :eek:
Could you give a tutorial on that dry ice hash?

I'll need to turn 20 jars of foxtailed bud from my last harvest into something so I can use those jars this harvest haha

Tuesday update, starting with the sprouted seeds from the Sour G sprayed with STS:

I am seeking your permission to toss the mother plant. Yea or nay?

Also, I dumped the green and pale seeds from that plant (seen here) as they haven't sprouted yet, but I mixed the striped and brown ones and put them in the fridge. I'm still letting the seeds from the pollinated plants dry out before testing those.

And now to the pre-flip trim on the Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express, day 91.

Before:

After:

Trimmings:

That's it for me today. Stay safe! :peace:

Quotes:
Congrats on the harvest!
Thanks Melville!
Nice leg shave on the PU- she looked good before- now...even better!
And congrats on the JH harvest- crispy or not, that's a bunch o' weed!
That is a bunch o' weed! It would be a lot better less crispy but nothing goes to waste in my house. Thanks Carcass!
Great harvest.
Thank you dani!
Awesome seed update! Sorry I’ve been in trim jail, just catching up. That’s a lot of seeds!
Trim jail for sure, but that's what happens when you grow monsters!
Was the only point of the slurry tests to see if it dropped down from 6.8 or was there another purpose as well?
I wanted to see if the crispy leaves on the JH and Candida might have been a result of the pH still being too high. I definitely managed to bring it down into range, so making sure was the goal of the slurry test.
I thought you were growing in soil???
I am now. The Jack Herer and the Candida are the last two in ProMix.
Congrats on the harvest, Shed! 434g is a great yield! Why are you using it all for dry ice hash? Doesn't your family like it?
I have jars of the mother plant that I harvested in January, but these buds are too damaged for smoking. The trichomes looked good so I figured hash would be a solution. If I had a press or bubble bags I would have gone that route, but dry ice seemed to be less involved and lower cost.

That said, I may end up getting bubble bags because it might take days to run 15 ounces through the dry ice process.
Could you give a tutorial on that dry ice hash?
I'll need to turn 20 jars of foxtailed bud from my last harvest into something so I can use those jars this harvest haha
I'm using P9's method from his post here.
Brown and crunchy and A lot of it LOL I hope you can get something Good out of it
I should end up with a nice bowl of hash when I'm done! Thanks sb. :thumb:

If she was paying attention, at least the Trainwreck knew what was coming! :)

She looks good! Looking forward.:Rasta:

I would let the mother plant flower, personally. Just put her outside and let nature take its course. I don't really know if that's feasible for you though.
Thanks Melville! I don't have any interest in flowering it actually. Not to mention it was trimmed hard two weeks ago (on the left obv):

It wouldn't produce anything at this point!

If she was paying attention, at least the Trainwreck knew what was coming! She looks good! Looking forward.
LOL! I definitely didn't get any pushback when I went in with the trimmer. ;)
What Mel said
Thanks dani! I'm going to take both of your votes as trash it since neither of you think I need it as a mother plant anymore. :)

Back
Top Bottom