InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

:cough:I love wasting energy! :rolleyes:;)

I need to be more prudent about taking off lower growth. Still learning how to judge what will make it and what won't.
Took me a bit to figure out what to take or leave as well.
I like to remove most of the growth tips at the nodes all the way up the plant and usually only leave the top couple about a week before I flip.
I have a tendency to over Veg so by pruning that way after the plant is done stretching around day 21 of flower the tips that were at the top of the plant before flip are now at the bottom. I will go back in after the stretch is done and remove any of the lower stuff that’s not getting any light and it leaves me with a plant that looks like Sheds DV.

I’m usually trying to achieve an even wall to wall canopy so it’s the system that seems to work the best for me. I should also mention I keep the bottom 3rd cleaned off during Veg to keep leaves away from the soil and it also makes watering a heck of a lot easier.

Thanks VG!

And thank you Bode! I have to say I'd be wary on the wet paper towel thing since it will be resting against the buds and transferring a lot of moisture to one specific location.

I was thinking you could moisten a piece of paper towel and lay it across the jar opening and then put the lid on, fixing the moist paper towel in place with the lid.

Highya ITS, guys,

I use a paper towel folded about 6-8 times, and only spray (with a small spray bottle) a little on the inside fold so it doesn't rest against any bud. :love: It works for me. Happy Smokin'

I was thinking you could moisten a piece of paper towel and lay it across the jar opening and then put the lid on, fixing the moist paper towel in place with the lid.
I use a paper towel folded about 6-8 times, and only spray (with a small spray bottle) a little on the inside fold so it doesn't rest against any bud. It works for me. Happy Smokin'
I like both of these ideas better than my image of wet paper towel sitting in a jar of buds. :thanks:

I love wasting energy!
So I hear! :laugh:
I need to be more prudent about taking off lower growth. Still learning how to judge what will make it and what won't.
Took me a bit to figure out what to take or leave as well.
It does take a few grows to figure it out, as well as the ability to recognize when one plant might be growing differently and needs a different approach. Most of mine grow like indicas or hybrids so they can all pretty end up similarly shaped, as you may have noticed in this journal. :)

It also helps if you have a desperate need to avoid trimming larf!

I like both of these ideas better than my image of wet paper towel sitting in a jar of buds. :thanks:

I also saw one online that said to wrap a damp cotton ball in tin foil and poke holes in the tin foil.

Cuisinart coffee grinder for your MC Shed. I picked one up for 3.00 at Sals used. Works nice for herbs and seeds, bet it'd be good for MC. DV's got it going on!
What does one make with ground up seeds?

Haha, how about fresh cumin and coriander in a bowl of chili?
Hmm....do they act as another spice when you do that sort of thing? Sounds like a great idea. Are you able to identify the flavor they add to this?

Monday update all! I know it's been a while, but I don't post an update unless there's something to update, and there's not much going on at the moment with one plant in early flower and the rest in veg.

So here's some trimming I did on the Sour G reveg, above and below the line. This has been in a 1gallon pot since Oct 3rd and I'm not even sure I'll be using this in the next round of STS spraying, but I wanted to keep it healthy just in case. Here is a shot of the rootball, which was pretty thick at the bottom:

Off it goes:

Along with the sides to make a little cube:

And here is the before and after pic (before on the left):

The tops still hadn't come out of the reveg look so I really cut it back to get new normal growth going.

And speaking of the one in early flower, here is Doug's Varin from @Weed Seeds Express on flip day 19. Some tops:

Some early frost:

And the lowers are showing nitrogen deficiency:

So I bumped the nutes this weekend to a 5.5g equivalent, which works out like this:
157-34-181 with Ca: 89, Mg: 48, S: 54, and Si: 30
for those keeping score at home!

And last for the day, this is the reason that clones taken in flower are called "monstercrop" clones: Look at all that crazy side branching...it's gonna be a monster!

I hope you all had a good weekend and won your Super Bowl bets no matter which way your heart was leaning. :peace:

Quotes:
I’d hit it…with or without the wet paper towel.
LOL!
That joke never gets old...lol!
Never does. :)
I also saw one online that said to wrap a damp cotton ball in tin foil and poke holes in the tin foil.
Oh thanks HG!
OK good harvest !?? And Pistils Yeah !! somehow i got 6 pages behind ... so here is my page mark after a quick skim .
Thanks sb! Skim is how I drink my milk, so :high-five:
Cuisinart coffee grinder for your MC Shed. I picked one up for 3.00 at Sals used. Works nice for herbs and seeds, bet it'd be good for MC. DV's got it going on!

Good luck today with the game!
Thanks Otter! The Ninja did the job and now I just have to break bits off the big clump it's turned into. :cheesygrinsmiley:
What does one make with ground up seeds?
:hmmmm:
Haha, how about fresh cumin and coriander in a bowl of chili?
Or flax seeds on your cereal?
Afternoon shed my friend. Y'all getting ready for puppy bowl game
Watched, yelled at the screen, and we won. A good day. And my puppy got to play with her best friend as well!
I haven't thought about that. My thing is, fresh ground spice flavors are the tastiest!
:love:

Highya ITS,

Well, congrats on LA winning the SuperBowl. They were the better team. I was rooting for Joe Burrow hoping to boost his conficence going forward. Oh well. It is what it is!!
I enjoyed your pruning of SourG reveg. Nice job! Also like the pistils in your Dougs Varin. Nice job all around!! Happy Smokin'

So I bumped the nutes this weekend to a 5.5g equivalent, which works out like this:
157-34-181 with Ca: 89, Mg: 48, S: 54, and Si: 30
for those keeping score at home!
If I was keeping score I would have just snapped my pencil!

Can you help me interpret this? :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom