InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Merry Christmas Shed!
Your ladies are looking nice as always.
Are you still running MC for your nutes?

Thought about trying DynaGrow but backed out at the minute. Switching the medium to Mother Earth to see how it works. I keep getting what I think is bad Cal or Mag defs in FFOF.

0D708A2F-60B7-4589-A5F1-1E32F3F57E89.jpeg

Merry Christmas Shed!!! Hope you and yours are enjoying the holiday!! Wow, man, the Jack is just incredible. I can't begin to imagine the yield on her. WOW. Everything looks great, and love the oval of light. Didn't realize you shlepped them outdoors by day when you can. I love that. Also, for what it's worth, I use Mother Earth Coco/perlite 70/30 and their perlite #3. I love the company so far. Enjoy!!!

Edit: Cooler bags than FF too, which isn't easy. I love the FF artwork. But ME is up there too. Lol!!!

Thought about trying DynaGrow but backed out at the minute.

I used Dyna products for years but haven't in the last few. If you go that route you need Foliage Pro, Pro-Tekt, and some Cal-Mag. Dyna doesn't make a Cal-Mag product so you'll have to get it from another manufacturer (I used Greenway Biotech). I can help with a feed schedule if you decide to go that route.

Looking SUPERB there Shed! Hope you had a great holiday!

Sorry gang, I've been mostly offline and probably will be most of this week as well (had to take vacation time or lose it, but it's not a vacation if I spend the day in front of the computer!).

All I have today is a pic of the Doug's Varin on day 56, in the tent because rain (off and on all week):
20211227_141919 DV.jpg

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and thank you so much for all your kind wishes! Apologies in advance if I don't get to all my subbed threads like usual.

Quotes:
I hope you and your family have a merry Christmas Shed!
Thanks Rex!
I like this idea will have to give it a try.
Those StankClips work really well for the few days you need them, but then it's time tie those branches down the old fashioned way. :)
Merry Christmas to you and the family Shed, have a great one.
Thank you ECM!
With all the problems you had with the Kellogg soil and now failure of the latest cloning in perlite, I think you just need to stick ProMix for everything. It seems that’s the media your most comfortable with and also have the most success with.
ProMix really seems ideal for me except for its tendency to lose the pH buffering over my long grows.
That’s looking great! Glad to see you got your temps figured out.
It's definitely been more temperate in that sealed oval, that's for sure!
One last thing: Merry Christmas Shed!
Thanks BigD! I hope it went well for you and all the little Ds. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey Shed I’m wish you and all your loved the very best. Merry Christmas
Thank you Nev! Belatedly back atcha.
LMAO. That's a first!
:cheesygrinsmiley:
Happy Holidays to shed and clan , also the great growers on here !
Thanks sb! I hope all went well at your house this Christmas.
Merry Christmas Shed! I hope everyone is having a wonderful time.
Thank you MG! We went to a party with two other families and the kids came along too, which was very nice of them at their "who wants to hang out with their parents" age.
Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope all of you have a stressfree and fun Christmas season! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! I hope you and yours had a good one. Stress free might be asking too much, but fun is okay!
That Jack is getting heavy!
Thank you Otter though I think looks are deceiving. Not a lot of weight on those branches. Still, not complaining considering the weather these days.
Merry Christmas Shed! Your ladies are looking nice as always. Are you still running MC for your nutes?
Thanks Adam and nice to see you swing through! I'm running MC as a base with 4 other products to hit my NPK/Ca/Mg/S/Si targets. I have a lot of it left, so why not try to incorporate it!
Switching the medium to Mother Earth to see how it works. I keep getting what I think is bad Cal or Mag defs in FFOF.
I can't see the soil being the reason for the cal-mag deficiencies, so I can't see changing soils as being the cure. I'd consult with farside (as he offered below) since he is one of the whizzes here at putting together a nute schedule that works.
Merry Christmas Shed. I hope you have a wonderful time over the holiday season. Best wishes to you and your family. Stay safe and be well.
:thanks: MrS! I hope you were surrounded by stones and the joy of the season.
Merry Christmas InTheShed family and followers
Thanks WH! To you and yours this holiday season.
Plants, are as always, on point! Hope you are having a great time with family and/or friends today!
I was with both and I hope you were as well...thanks Reave!
Merry Christmas Shed & family
Thank you dynamo...a belated one to you, the dynamic family, and the wildlife!
Merry Christmas Shed and all you wonderful growers who follow his amazing work!
Thanks Krissi! I hope the 4th day of Christmas is going well for you and the fam. :)
Merry Christmas to InTheShed and crew!
Thank you 013! May you hold off on harvesting until the trichomes align.
Merry Christmas Shed!!! Hope you and yours are enjoying the holiday!!
Thanks Jon! Enjoying the time off but not the weather. :(
Wow, man, the Jack is just incredible. I can't begin to imagine the yield on her.
Like I mentioned to Otter above, there won't be much of a yield on either the JH or the Sour G because of the chill. My yields are always lower the rest of the year compared to summer/fall, but I've never flowered this late before and I will try to make sure never to do it again! Grams/day is going to be really interesting on these.
I used Dyna products for years but haven't in the last few. If you go that route you need Foliage Pro, Pro-Tekt, and some Cal-Mag. Dyna doesn't make a Cal-Mag product so you'll have to get it from another manufacturer (I used Greenway Biotech). I can help with a feed schedule if you decide to go that route.
Thanks farside! I hope he takes you up on your offer. :thumb:

Enjoy your rainy weather vacation, Shed!
Dougs Varin is looking nice 'n happy :thumb:

Okay then, mess cleaned and moving on to plants and relevant quotes for the Wednesday update.

Contrary to the weather report, the sun was out this morning, so all the plants came out, got sprayed, one got watered, and now the clouds are moving in. I'm relying on my family to handle the schlepping based on how chilly it gets. Even some cloud-covered sun can put out good lux.

Let's start with the shed and the Oval of Brightness®. Before the lights come on, I raise them up to prevent burning from both contact (!) and intensity. This is 10" above the canopy and 50M lux at the tops:

Then I checked the temperature range overnight:

Much better, and the low was when I sealed them in, so it probably wasn't even that low. And the heater averaged 242w/hour. I can live with this!

And how about a few outdoor plant pics? Sure, why not.

Jack Herer on flip day 52:

Sour G, also flip day 52:

I sprayed them both down for PM, which has been trying to spread in the sealed Oval these days.

Next up is the Jack Herer 1.1 clone, which got sprayed with neem this morning. It needs a bit of a cleanup!

And finally, the Doug's Varin on day 51, which also got neemed (hence the slightly droopy leaves):

I watered the Candida in the 7 gallon pot (no pic since it looks the same as last time), neemed it, and called it a morning!

I hope your week is going well and that you have Friday off for an easy transition into Christmas/Saturday. Apologies for the sturm und drang this morning, but that's what sometimes happens in a room full of strangers. :peace:

Quotes:

LOL!

It's a rabbit hole that falls outside my interests, but as I said, it's great that there are enough folks around who care to keep track of where all this started.

This is what they have stated here previously:

...with "this" referring to Chocolope and/or Power Plant.

Yeah I've always had my doubt about the accuracy of Leafly's info, but a Cannapedia where anyone can contribute their knowledge to a wiki would be a good thing to have.

What's a book?

Hey mwg! :welcome: to my grow journal...it's nice to see you around these parts. I promise to catch up on your recently discovered thread later today!

I moved from the cold of NYC in 1988 and played a softball game in shorts and a t-shirt my first New Year's Day in Los Angeles. It's hard to complain about 60º days and 40º nights, but I do it anyway. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I also thought of the Kush genetics as falling on the indica side of the fence. Thanks Scotty! :goodluck: on the harvests.
Wow such amazing plants.

Thanks FS,
Yeah I remember reading when you were using it awhile back. I did some research then, but I believe that’s when MC started being the new hype so I hopped on that bandwagon instead of going with DG.
I think my issue is that I’m not considering my pH enough.
(I hate to even bring it up)
I finally broke down and got a pH pen to check the source and it was at 8.89. I think I found out too late in the game this last round, but hopefully I can start wearing my stripes again soon. For now I’m going to give the Mother Earth a shot. It’s an odd feeling medium. A lot of perlite IMO. Stick with the MC V3 I believe. Maybe hop back on foliage spray because I haven’t don’t that since I went MC.

Thanks FS,
Yeah I remember reading when you were using it awhile back. I did some research then, but I believe that’s when MC started being the new hype so I hopped on that bandwagon instead of going with DG.
I think my issue is that I’m not considering my pH enough.
(I hate to even bring it up)
I finally broke down and got a pH pen to check the source and it was at 8.89. I think I found out too late in the game this last round, but hopefully I can start wearing my stripes again soon. For now I’m going to give the Mother Earth a shot. It’s an odd feeling medium. A lot of perlite IMO. Stick with the MC V3 I believe. Maybe hop back on foliage spray because I haven’t don’t that since I went MC.

In soil or buffered soil-less medium, you really shouldn't have to worry much about pH. What is the ppm of your water, before any additions? MC is best for low alkalinity water (sub 75 ppm). Dyna's sweet spot is 75-150 ppm.

In soil or buffered soil-less medium, you really shouldn't have to worry much about pH. What is the ppm of your water, before any additions? MC is best for low alkalinity water (sub 75 ppm). Dyna's sweet spot is 75-150 ppm.
I’m using Mother Earth soil. Local guy up here had some on a pallet so I figured I’d try it out.

My ppm is 181.
Honestly hadn’t checked it until now. Seems high straight out of the faucet.

Back
Top Bottom