InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I knew it was one of the 2. @Icemud had Hazeman tell him there was a mixup.

Yep, I ran Hazemans "pine tar kush" which is actually 79 xmas bud.

Just to provide a slight clarity... The guy who gave the seeds to hazeman told me they were mislabeled before hazeman got them or something like that. I never reached out to Hazeman about it.

Hazemans PTK is definitely 79 xmas bud and smells like a fresh evergreen tree, extremely piney. I did have 2 phenos which had a slight citrus/orange smell with the pine, but almost all pine. I didn't smoke them however since it was for a seed project, but others I know say its very piney and very heavy high.

The "pine tar kush" from CSI Humboldt is real pine tar kush from what I am aware of, and they did a large open pollination to get good variety. I have these beans too, but have not run them yet.

CSI Humboldt also (at one time) also offered 79 Xmas Bud, not sure if its still available, but its identical to Hazemans PTK.

If you are looking for that 80s pine.. definitely hazemans "ptk" aka 79xmas bud is a must have :)

just a fast drive-by... you know I don't read,,, but the pic look great... Spider and all...

budrot? welcome to my world... I been dealing with that shit since I moved here. And this year all the fires kept all the warm humid air in and sunlight out.. I only have 1 plant inside and yet I pull 5 gallons of water outta the air in there daily. I have to empty the dehumidify 3 times a day to keep under 50%. I target 45% but......

This year has been hard... no sun for the last couple weeks with all the smoke. I have two that are prime candidates for mold with all the leafage they have.. But I did find a shining star that flowered fast and has product on her as I type called' Momma Mia'. Sample bud was good with a fast dry.. I start taking the heads tonight/tomorrow.. she could use 4-5 days of sun???...

BUT we got warm moist air now which gives us a heavy dew come morning,, even under my patio roof with a fan, over cast projected the next couple days,,, and problems will happen..... soon as I see some,, they all coming down,, even if they all have to turn into budder? Normally I get sun till the firsts of Oct,,, rains...

But all these fires did hurt the outdoor grows....... and effected temps and humidity,,, ALOT.... Most years I'd have sun for the last couple weeks..

Congrats on the harvest. Looks like you got some early buddage. 3 weeks into Sept is a great for outdoor crop...

GL and Keepem Green

Hi Mr. Shed. Congrats on the harvest! She looked beautiful despite the rot. Did you say you were going to make pain oil from the Chocolope? I’ve seen a lot of things this summer on my outdoor gals - but that spider might have made me pee my pants! :laughtwo: I didn’t realize there were spiders that big in CA.
Quick question - for the salve - my daughter keeps bees and has a very large block of beeswax from a harvest last year. Can I use that vice buying the wax melts? :thanks:

Congratulations on the harvest sir! Sorry about the bud rot, that is truly unfortunate. Still looks like you had a pretty good harvest!

What breeder is your Durban poison from. That's a strain im dying to get my hands on.

I knew it was one of the 2. @Icemud had Hazeman tell him there was a mixup.
You really weren't incorrect, Brother! :goodjob:

The CSI Humbold Xmas Bud and the Hazemans "Pine Tar Kush" both came from the same person originially (NDNguy) who then gifted the seeds to a 2nd person who did a seed increase. I believe this is the stock that both CSI and Hazeman received it from after the seed increase. (rumor has it that it was intentionally mislabeled when sent to Hazeman due to some type of disagreement in breeding ethics) ***BTW REAL Pine Tar Kush is different than Xmas Bud. CSI has real PTK as well, hazeman's is mislabeled and actually Xmas Bud and not PTK. (I have CSI's PTK but haven't run it yet.)

Then CSI then did their own seed increase, and I believe hazeman did as well so although they are closely related, the phenotype selection between the suppliers is slightly different though. From what I have gathered though, seeds from both suppliers are very closely resembling each other, and even there is a mutated/varigation pheno I have seen from both suppliers seeds so a great sign that they are from the same original stock.

I have to agree, the Hazemans "PTK aka Xmas bud" was the absolute closest thing to the 90's christmas bud that I have come across since then, and its very likely its the same lineage. I haven't had anything else that was pure pine like the Xmas Bud. Anyone looking for that Pine tasting and smelling strain of the 90's. 79 Xmas Bud is your answer :)

Congrats on the Chocolope harvest. Looks like you got a pretty good yield from her in spite of the loses. :thumb:

Harvesting last weekend was probably a better idea. But there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. C'est la vie!
As, perhaps, the slowest of shed's disciples I've been reading this since Thursday o_O

Great visuals broken down for us, Shed. Well, that spider might keep me up a few nights to come.
Promising to see what you did need to cut out. :thumb:

Just to provide a slight clarity...
Thanks Icemud! We can all use a bit of clarity these days.
Congrats on the harvest. Looks like you got some early buddage. 3 weeks into Sept is a great for outdoor crop...
Thanks Norcali! So sorry to hear about all the rot happening up north :(. The fires are creating a climate all their own.

In terms of early harvest, I did light deprivation on all my plants this year, so none of them truly flowered by the changing season.
Did you say you were going to make pain oil from the Chocolope?
Not the Chocolope. I don't need any new pain oil at the moment, and when I do I will use older jars of weed that don't get smoked often. I still have some Blue Treacle auto and AK-47 that would get tossed in the MB2 before any of the current stuff.
I didn’t realize there were spiders that big in CA.
It's not really that big, maybe 3/4". Biggest ones I've seen here are about 2" total.
Can I use that vice buying the wax melts?
Absolutely! Any wax in a storm :).
Awesome harvest shed! Take any samples?
I have a few bits that came off during the harvest.

As soon as they're dryer I'll grind them up and get some feedback!
Congratulations on the harvest sir! Sorry about the bud rot, that is truly unfortunate. Still looks like you had a pretty good harvest!
What breeder is your Durban poison from. That's a strain im dying to get my hands on.
I don't know whose these are as I got them in a trade, but I know that @Weedseedsexpress has them, and no one here seems to have gone wrong with the beans they sell.
Nice run on the Chockolope Shed.
Thanks otter! My son (who trims like an artisan no matter how many times I tell him to speed it up) commented on how solid these buds were.
Congrats on the Chocolope harvest. Looks like you got a pretty good yield from her in spite of the loses.
Thanks BL! All things considered I'd say I lost around 18g, which is not too bad compared to last summer. :eek:
As, perhaps, the slowest of shed's disciples I've been reading this since Thursday
Great visuals broken down for us, Shed. Well, that spider might keep me up a few nights to come.
Promising to see what you did need to cut out.
Thanks Konks! Sorry about the spider pic, but it could have been worse. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Konks! Sorry about the spider pic, but it could have been worse. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:eek: I don't believe you are making light of my aphid problem, really not for one second, but I was expecting a bigger spider :rolleyes:
Ya, I have 1 plant that isn't that infested but those buggers are crawling in my flowers... those are aphids, right?

Even though I just took the Power Plant off the drying lines on Saturday to make room for the new harvest, I managed to get the bags to 62% RH already (I'm sure that will go up during the burping...it always seems to). So here is the final weight on the Power Plant:

270g or 9.52 ounces. That works out to 2.2g/day which is stellar! My top g/day so far.

For those who are wondering what the purpose is in tracking g/day, this is a perfect example. If I grew in a tent with the same lights all the time (as opposed to my grow during all different seasons), I might want to know which strains were the most efficient for my space (in the same size pots obv).

My Carnival, which vegged for 112 days and flowered for 59, produced 1.7g/day. The Power Plant, which vegged for only 68 days and flowered for 55, produced 2.2g/day. Folks growing medicine might have a need for a certain number of g/day, so knowing that the Power Plant was a more efficient producer than the Carnival would be good info to have.

Congrats on the harvest Shed! Popstar is one of my most favorite harvesting movies. Sorry to see you lost a bit to rot, but looks like it wasn’t much, so that’s great.
Thanks double H! Popstar is a great movie to trim to, especially if you've seen it as many times as I have. We just quote the lines and never have to look up. :thumb:
Cruising through. Congrats on the harvest and it sucks that you got some bud rot, but just a little
Thanks PCa!
Ya, I have 1 plant that isn't that infested but those buggers are crawling in my flowers... those are aphids, right?
Most of those are, yes. Aphids are the easiest to get rid of. A good water spray will knock them off, but in flower I would try 1:9 with 70% iso:water.

Back
Top Bottom