InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

How about a pic of the winter grow for a Thursday update? Here are the Durban Poison and the two Colombian Golds on day 13:

Good root growth on all, and look at the difference in the node spacing on the two CG's! Their last watering was about 2.5g/gallon of MC, and I sprayed them with castille soap this morning to kill the aphids.

In other news, I dried out the rot from the Chocolope and it came in at 15.4g:

I'll be adding that in the harvest total because it's not the plant's fault I waited an extra week!

And last for the day, here is the Carnival clone that I have finally found a home for:

It really needed to go because I have to water it every morning now. It's going to take off when it gets transplanted. 🚀

I hope your weeks are going well :).

Good stuff @InTheShed !!
Thanks Moe!

And last for the day, here is the Carnival clone that I have finally found a home for:

It really needed to go because I have to water it every morning now. It's going to take off when it gets transplanted. 🚀

I hope your weeks are going well :).

Thanks Moe!

Why are you giving the Carnival away? You said it was a clone so can I assume you're still growing Carnival yourself as well?

Even though I just took the Power Plant off the drying lines on Saturday to make room for the new harvest, I managed to get the bags to 62% RH already (I'm sure that will go up during the burping...it always seems to). So here is the final weight on the Power Plant:

270g or 9.52 ounces. That works out to 2.2g/day which is stellar! My top g/day so far.

For those who are wondering what the purpose is in tracking g/day, this is a perfect example. If I grew in a tent with the same lights all the time (as opposed to my grow during all different seasons), I might want to know which strains were the most efficient for my space (in the same size pots obv).

My Carnival, which vegged for 112 days and flowered for 59, produced 1.7g/day. The Power Plant, which vegged for only 68 days and flowered for 55, produced 2.2g/day. Folks growing medicine might have a need for a certain number of g/day, so knowing that the Power Plant was a more efficient producer than the Carnival would be good info to have.

Did you grow the Power Plant indoors or outdoors?

Nice job btw

Did you grow the Power Plant indoors or outdoors?

Nice job btw
Thanks Pb and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! I grew it outdoors, but rather than wait for it to flower with the change of seasons, I moved it inside every night for 12 hours of darkness. That way I can control the timing of my harvests.

During the shorter days of winter, I'll leave my plants outside during daylight and put them under lights at night to keep them from flowering. Then when it's time to flip I just make sure they get 12 hours of darkness.

All my plants are moved inside and out, twice a day!

Thanks Pb and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! I grew it outdoors, but rather than wait for it to flower with the change of seasons, I moved it inside every night for 12 hours of darkness. That way I can control the timing of my harvests.

During the shorter days of winter, I'll leave my plants outside during daylight and put them under lights at night to keep them from flowering. Then when it's time to flip I just make sure they get 12 hours of darkness.

Do you think you could have got an even bigger yield by letting it flower with the change of season?

Hey Shed, wake and bake with some quick-dry hash plant this morning with my Ritalin just kicking in. Took it late today so I'll be sane until suppertime woo-hoo!

:straightface: ----> :blunt:----->:woohoo:

You still get to call it winter? :ganjamon:

You still get to call it winter? :ganjamon:
He's in LA... I'm seriously not sure what they consider winter in SoCal. He thinks 60 degrees F is a cold night.

Hehe, why do I think we sound like Hans and Frans ?
Yeah, no kidding. Where you located? I'm in New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada, at a pretty low latitude as far as Canada's concerned - about 45 deg N. That temperature is par for the course in the day now and I absolutely love it haha.

Do you think you could have got an even bigger yield by letting it flower with the change of season?
I'm guessing that by letting it flower slowly through July and August, I would end up with a bigger plant, and therefore increase the size of the harvest. That said, I don't think I would end up with a higher effective yield in terms of grams/day because of the increased number of days the plant would be around.
Hey Shed, wake and bake with some quick-dry hash plant this morning with my Ritalin just kicking in. Took it late today so I'll be sane until suppertime woo-hoo!
Gonna be a good day!
You still get to call it winter?
Yes! And the days get shorter here just like yours do. :cheesygrinsmiley:
He's in LA... I'm seriously not sure what they consider winter in SoCal. He thinks 60 degrees F is a cold night.
We get frost in parts of Los Angeles in the winter, but where I live we're in the mid-40s at night. Still too cold for flowering in the shed! I spent 30 winters in New York, so I know where I don't want to be. ;)

Gonna be a good day!

We get frost in parts of Los Angeles in the winter, but where I live we're in the mid-40s at night. Still too cold for flowering in the shed! I spent 30 winters in New York, so I know where I don't want to be.
Real good day, I just finished a double-long J of Sensi Star I got from the store. I can buy 2x1g prerolls for $10 and a 1g CBD preroll for $5. Pretty good prices, now that the government smartened up.

I'm waking up now to somewhere just below freezing with regularity. Just enough to make me concerned for my plants. I was waiting for the first of Oct, but better safe than sorry, right?

Back
Top Bottom