In The Lab

Have you told the boys at the lab you are growing cannabis; or is the broadcast/amendment still based on the hops numbers?
You may have talked about this before and I missed it. :bongrip:

I would be curious if they prescribed a different amendment specifically for cannabis.

PS. this is coming from posts I read from over a year ago when a guy posted his tomato/squash recommended promix broadcast from the lab.

Thanks again!

Have you told the boys at the lab you are growing cannabis; or is the broadcast/amendment still based on the hops numbers?
You may have talked about this before and I missed it. :bongrip:

I would be curious if they prescribed a different amendment specifically for cannabis.

PS. this is coming from posts I read from over a year ago when a guy posted his tomato/squash recommended promix broadcast from the lab.

Thanks again!

I am the cannabis rep for the lab. They aren't in a legal state, so I handle all of that.

We are using some "special" products specifically for us, and are continually updating and improving the formulas. Others of the products are the same as what is used for other crops. If you pay them for a soil test, tell them what you're growing and that you're working with me and we'll have no trouble at all.

I carry everything and sell it at the same price they do, including the free shipping on orders over 50. I also provide online support free of charge.....even when I'm in South America!

That's amazing!

I didn't realize you've gone so far! Still travelling and supporting 420 Mag users while you're away...

Lots to learn in these threads.

You really are "In the Lab" :goof::bong::Namaste:

The best plant on earth is what we're dealing with bro! The BEST. The most important. The one that gives and gives. The plant that saves lives and improves life.

Devotion and passion just flow naturally from the herb....no effort required. Just life.

Quick question.

During my move my worm castings got left in my garage for a few weeks with temps of at least 90 in the garage. Anyone know if they are they ok or should I buy new?

Thanks!

Doc, Are you back in the states yet? I hope your trip was relaxing as well as informative. I realize the 4th is upon us and things are crazy, when you have a free moment, can you please let me know how to go about ordering one of your kits. I'm itching to try the High Brix method. Thanks in advance. Dinaps

Doc I could have sworn I posted this a few days ago, it must be the dry ice hash I made fogging my brain.

But I have been having trouble getting the promix HP and BX. I have the local garden center guy seeing if he can order me some.

In the meantime, I found Promix All purpose containing;
peat moss (80-90%), forest humus, perlite, limestone, wetting agent(coco?) and mycoraize.
it says 2 cft expands to 4 cft. $14 compared to $40 for the HP or BX if I can get them.

would this be worth a try. If it works, it would open up a more ready available source for kit users since I got it at HD.
promix_all_purpose.jpg

I am the cannabis rep for the lab. They aren't in a legal state, so I handle all of that.

We are using some "special" products specifically for us, and are continually updating and improving the formulas. Others of the products are the same as what is used for other crops. If you pay them for a soil test, tell them what you're growing and that you're working with me and we'll have no trouble at all.

I carry everything and sell it at the same price they do, including the free shipping on orders over 50. I also provide online support free of charge.....even when I'm in South America!

Just to add, Doc's shipping is much, much faster than the lab's too.

Doc I could have sworn I posted this a few days ago, it must be the dry ice hash I made fogging my brain.

But I have been having trouble getting the promix HP and BX. I have the local garden center guy seeing if he can order me some.

In the meantime, I found Promix All purpose containing;
peat moss (80-90%), forest humus, perlite, limestone, wetting agent(coco?) and mycoraize.
it says 2 cft expands to 4 cft. $14 compared to $40 for the HP or BX if I can get them.

would this be worth a try. If it works, it would open up a more ready available source for kit users since I got it at HD.
promix_all_purpose.jpg

That would work, although I'm a little leery of the "forest humus." I don't know the K count on that. The wetting agent is yucca extract. This should work just fine!

Doc,

Any input from my post about using Promix All Purpose I posted on the last page?

I can offer a little input. I have a hard time getting Pro-Mix HP here, but I can get something called All Purpose Growing Mix in a 2 cu ft bale from Menard's. So when I wanted to run the kit, I called Premier and talked to a soil engineer. They get their peat from various bogs and then mix it with limestome to stabilize the PH. From there, they add stuff to produce their various products. So, the peat base is the same mineral composition in all their products. The product I used works for me. It has less perlite so I add more, and it doesn't have mycos, but Doc's kit does.

The soil in the smaller green bag has some forest humus in it, which gives me some concern for the K levels from composted leaves. I wonder if a guy could just start with Premier peat, which is available everywhere, and add limestone and perlite and mycos. Someone should call Premier and find out if their basic peat is the same stuff that Pro-Mix HP starts with.

Back
Top Bottom