In The Lab

You've got 'em. See below.....

Yep. Linked to in my sig. Someday in the not too distant future there will be a website with EVERYTHING easily accessible. I need to upgrade my shipping/receiving infrastructure before I do that.

Also, there is a change that will require new directions: The new Roots formulation no longer requires Transplant Water. Straight water or a light dose of transplant is all that's required now.

The new Roots is also solving some of the magnesium issues that some of the "heavy feeders" run into from time to time.

My helper just harvested some of the best product I've ever seen. Grown with the new Roots:

Landrace Afghan
Picture_003235.jpg
IMG_58612.jpg

Amazing calyx and bud formation. Doesn't seem like she yielded very much though :( I'd want jars full of that sticky icky

I need to upgrade my shipping/receiving infrastructure before I do that.

20 years warehouse experience shipping and receiving Doc, when do I start :blunt:

20 years warehouse experience shipping and receiving Doc, when do I start :blunt:

LOL. I'm still too small for your talents...for now. I'm at an awkward stage: no advertising other than my journals here on 420, and I'm having trouble keeping up with a bit of help. My time is beginning to open up again, and beginning in July I should be ready to step up to an actual website and ecommerce, etc. At that point, who knows?

All I know is I'm bootstrapping this thing, no investors, no loans....that might hamper my growth, but I'm way focused on the quality of the product right now, and I'm still not satisfied. A few more months and I should have something even better. Some of the new products are doing great.

I'm also working on a crazy project: I'm taking everything I prune, all non-hash trimmings, culled plants and rootballs, mixing them with a bit of Promix and A LOT of Roots, and composting them. This mix ate a bunch of fresh leaves in 5 days....stems gone in ten. It will be super rich in humus, high in calcium and quite "tuned" for our crops. I'm keeping a recipe, and soon I'll get it tested and see where it's at. Right now, I'm thinking top dressing for when we add Re-charge, and using this soil as part of the re-charge.

There's really no end to all the experimentation based on the core ideas: MMM

Minerals, Microbes, Magic.

LOL. I'm still too small for your talents...for now. I'm at an awkward stage: no advertising other than my journals here on 420, and I'm having trouble keeping up with a bit of help. My time is beginning to open up again, and beginning in July I should be ready to step up to an actual website and ecommerce, etc. At that point, who knows?

All I know is I'm bootstrapping this thing, no investors, no loans....that might hamper my growth, but I'm way focused on the quality of the product right now, and I'm still not satisfied. A few more months and I should have something even better. Some of the new products are doing great.

I'm also working on a crazy project: I'm taking everything I prune, all non-hash trimmings, culled plants and rootballs, mixing them with a bit of Promix and A LOT of Roots, and composting them. This mix ate a bunch of fresh leaves in 5 days....stems gone in ten. It will be super rich in humus, high in calcium and quite "tuned" for our crops. I'm keeping a recipe, and soon I'll get it tested and see where it's at. Right now, I'm thinking top dressing for when we add Re-charge, and using this soil as part of the re-charge.

This would be great doc! I have tons of leftover non hash trimmings. What about stems? I have piles of old stems and cant figure out what do with them. Tea or homemade hemp wick? Lol

The kits going great! ;)

This would be great doc! I have tons of leftover non hash trimmings. What about stems? I have piles of old stems and cant figure out what do with them. Tea or homemade hemp wick? Lol

The kits going great! ;)

Next time you're ready to order, get 3 lbs of Roots from me. Toss the leaves you want to compost on top of the soil, generously coat the leaves with Roots, cover up with more soil and lightly water.

Check back in a week and the leaves should be gone....mix this up and let it sit for the next batch of leaves and soil, etc. When I get a couple barrels of this I'll get it tested and see what's up.

Awesome Doc!!! I doubt you'd need to add the recharge with that soil as a topper bro.

Doc, in cursos directions he says to water 2x between feedings. How can one do that in 7gal smarites without dealing with overwater issues. I know hes knocking the kit out of the park but i dont know how that can be done.

Doc, in cursos directions he says to water 2x between feedings. How can one do that in 7gal smarites without dealing with overwater issues. I know hes knocking the kit out of the park but i dont know how that can be done.

You might be overthinking it.....

when they need water, water them.
when they need fed, wait till they also need water and drench them.

You might feed once in 2 to 3 weeks depending on how fast they dry out.

Doc, is it better to follow the two initial cat drenches with transplant or energy?

Personally, I've gone with transplant after two good waterings. Wondering if it's better to switch over to bulking mode right away or let pistils really go with that dose of transplant.

Mahalo!

Personal choice! The more I grow with this gear, the more I appreciate Growth Energy. I like to look at Growth Energy as the main drench, and the others as seasoning. A person could use Transplant as the main drench and use Growth Energy and Cat Drench as "seasoning" too.

As long as the brix is up, it really boils down to personal choice.

Doc,

A soil prep question.

A friend is offering me about 3/4 bale of Promix.

Do I need to reduce the amendment to scale, or can I add the whole bag?

Also this will be a good test of the shelf life of your product since I have had it for a while now.
It has been kept in a cool place.

HH...

Out of curiosity...how long have you been holding on to the 'Kit so far without using it?

Might be good to know for future reference...

Doc,

A soil prep question.

A friend is offering me about 3/4 bale of Promix.

Do I need to reduce the amendment to scale, or can I add the whole bag?

Also this will be a good test of the shelf life of your product since I have had it for a while now.
It has been kept in a cool place.

As long as nothing got cross contaminated or had water added everything should be fine. Shelf life is 3 years easy as long as it's stored in stable, mild/cool temps.

I'd add less amendment. There's a very strong organic plant food in that amendment and too much will burn the young plants. Also, your friends 3/4 bale might only be half....so err on the side of caution.

Doc, I have had a Kit from Dec. But just started using it more ie. Pepper plants I got this year are the worlds hottest at 2.2 mil. On the scoville scale Carolina Reaper!
I was looking up the bug and pest % & could not find it, just need to spray the peppers, everything else is fine.
Is the bug & pest at 1.25 mils per OZ? I have some small white looking larvae. It had to come from the greenhouse that I got the peppers from as nothing else has them. Put some peppers outside and the next day Ladybugs were all over them eating the little Sum Bitches! Just planted 6 serrano peppers before the rain came down with a bunch of roots powders. I took 2 -4x4 beds & made one deep bed with 6-5-3 powders with azomite just before the rain came. They are going to blow up in the next few days. Sorry for the rambling.:peace:

Doc, I have had a Kit from Dec. But just started using it more ie. Pepper plants I got this year are the worlds hottest at 2.2 mil. On the scoville scale Carolina Reaper!
I was looking up the bug and pest % & could not find it, just need to spray the peppers, everything else is fine.
Is the bug & pest at 1.25 mils per OZ? I have some small white looking larvae. It had to come from the greenhouse that I got the peppers from as nothing else has them. Put some peppers outside and the next day Ladybugs were all over them eating the little Sum Bitches! Just planted 6 serrano peppers before the rain came down with a bunch of roots powders. I took 2 -4x4 beds & made one deep bed with 6-5-3 powders with azomite just before the rain came. They are going to blow up in the next few days. Sorry for the rambling.:peace:

6-5-3? you're not using that in the kit I trust?

Bug and Pest is mixed at 1/2 oz per quart of water.

Back
Top Bottom