Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Very healthy Ice:cheer: what size are the openings on your screen? :Namaste:

Thank you Troyjan! The squares/rectangles are 2"x 3"

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Here is a quick update of what I did tonight to the tent....Since I will be preparing to flower probably this weekend I wanted to get clones taken as well as do some medium defoliation and lollipopping.

I just picked up a new back of Root Riot plugs since they seem to work excellent for me. I cut 4 cuttings of each of my plants, dipped them into Clonex, put them in the plugs, and into my humidity dome with heat pad they went. I sprayed the clones leaves with just regular sink water and closed them up. I have just 1 26w 6500k CFL on them right now and probably will add another light tomorrow when I get a chance. I really am trying to find a place for my 3rd grow tent so I can get this seed project under way, and with all the strains I have on hand, I only will be able to do it with another tent, since my other 2 are in use...

I also did a good medium defoliation on the plants today, removing all the dead leaves, the small under branches and some of the large fan leaves that seemed to be over packed in. I will do another defoliation once the flowering stretch has occured but for now I think it is alright :)

Other than that the plants look healthy and happy as ever.

I will be starting another T and J tea tonight and will bubble it for around 48 hours and feed the girls on Thursday :)

I will put up photo's tomorrow after the lights come on.

Here is a quick update of what I did tonight to the tent....Since I will be preparing to flower probably this weekend I wanted to get clones taken as well as do some medium defoliation and lollipopping.

I just picked up a new back of Root Riot plugs since they seem to work excellent for me. I cut 4 cuttings of each of my plants, dipped them into Clonex, put them in the plugs, and into my humidity dome with heat pad they went. I sprayed the clones leaves with just regular sink water and closed them up. I have just 1 26w 6500k CFL on them right now and probably will add another light tomorrow when I get a chance. I really am trying to find a place for my 3rd grow tent so I can get this seed project under way, and with all the strains I have on hand, I only will be able to do it with another tent, since my other 2 are in use...

I also did a good medium defoliation on the plants today, removing all the dead leaves, the small under branches and some of the large fan leaves that seemed to be over packed in. I will do another defoliation once the flowering stretch has occured but for now I think it is alright :)

Other than that the plants look healthy and happy as ever.

I will be starting another T and J tea tonight and will bubble it for around 48 hours and feed the girls on Thursday :)

I will put up photo's tomorrow after the lights come on.

Wow! Great plans and bumbercrop coming?

Happy Weednsday Ice :thumb:

Well the day has finally come everyone.... Today marks the last day of Veg for my Scrog and tonight they will get their full 12 hours of rest. The screen has filled up to my liking quite a bit and so without overcrowding it, I think it is time to let them flower and put on the show :)

The soil is getting a little bit dry so I started up a batch of T and J tea tonight. I mixed into 5 gallons of r/o water, 2 spoonfuls of the tea activator, and 4 spoonfuls of biominerals, plus added 20ml of humic acid and 2 oz of SNS Veg Booster. This mix is going to bubble for 2 days and I will be feeding them Saturday.

As far as my flowering lighting schedule, I have usually been going right to and 11/13, but decided to just start off at the regular 12/12 and slowly work my way down with a slight Diminishing Light type schedule. I figure about every 3-4 weeks of flowering to crank it down by about 1/2 hour until finish...

I also took some photo's of the clones that I took the other day, I can't believe how green and healthy they look, it was hard to see my plant color in the LED's, but in normal light...wow! Now I just have to find a place for my 3rd tent for my breeding project as well as look into a LED to light it :)
DSC085022.JPG
DSC085031.JPG

Well here are the photos for today, last day of Veg...

DSC084933.JPG
DSC084943.JPG
DSC084951.JPG
DSC084961.JPG
DSC084972.JPG
DSC084981.JPG
DSC084991.JPG
DSC085001.JPG
DSC085012.JPG

Awesome plants Icemud and bitchin VSCrog!

Dude, i need your help and I hope you don't mind me asking you a quick question on your journal. But seeing as you have done such a good job using the light's I have my eye on it would be foolish not to pick your brain :)

I am literally ordering some lights from TopLED tonight (or right now depending on how quickly you reply haha). I was thinking about buying 2 x MarsII 1200w for both my veg (where there are also auto's) and for my Scrog flowering tent, one light in each tent.

Do you think that would do the job? Or do you feel the reflector's need to fit in somewhere in the equation?

I also have a 210w for my veg tent. My journal is in my sig if you fancy a peak.

I'm subbed anyway, great work mate, can't wait to see how your scrog turns out with those LED lights!! :bravo:

Re: Icemud goes LED: Featuring TOP GROW LED: Cherry Pie, GSC, OGiesel, SFV OG, UVH OG

Hi Ice,
Thanks for the info. Sara at Top Led has emailed me separately and you are right, she is great and has loads of particular info. The 192x3w relfector system is what she recommends as they cover a 4.4 x 4.4 foot area. So we figure to use 3 of them. I think as my plants grow I might add some T5 corner lights too. What with the exhaust, cooling and heating system and humidity controls along with the insulation and mylar reflective material on the ceiling, walls and floor this project represents a large investment. I am a very newbie indoor grower. All my growing experience has been outdoors and that was over 35 years ago. I am 65 and now retired, so I have plenty of time to grow and nurture my girls. I plan on starting with feminized seeds and would ask if you have any reccommendations as to good indoor strains. I perfer potency over quantity. Many Thanks, Captain Bud

Hey! Welcome back to the hobby that never leaves your brain. Like you, I came back after many years off. I started growing outdoors (Norcal med legal) and grew all the wrong hybrids! I had plants trying to grow 14 feet tall and i ran them like grape vines. The yard was so pack I had to crawl under them! Nor more sat dom plants outdoors! I made the switch to Subcools super soil and started growing some of his hybrids and have never looked back. Good genetics go a long way!!

This thread is perfect timing for me because I too am going indoor during the fall/winter/spring with my outdoor being a forced flower July/August flowering (genius technique for getting the best of cali sun without growing into October) as well as my indoor breeding projects.

I have been studying Sara's products for four straight days. Icemud is an angel for putting this together.

Good luck my friend and lets hope LED is finally here to stay. I cannot do indoor HID with minisplits ac systems (norcal houses do NOT have ac)

That Harleyquin sounds interesting; you got it as a clone? Is that something anyone can purchase or you gotta be hooked up?

Hi,

Yeah, Harlequin is clone only in the Northwest (seems to at least originated up there). Lots of breeders are working with it. TGA Subcool did a very nice job with it-Pennywise. Check it out on seedfinder or his site, tgagenetics. I have some friends running a bunch of Pennywise up north for dispensaries. It is in big demand.

Hey Icemud!!

Nice find on the Black Cherry Cola. Sub used the clone to make Ace of Spades, Plushberry and one other I can't seem to recall. He is a bud of mine. Have fun with that!!

And dude, your log is amazing. I have spent the last four days scoping Sara's stuff out and VOILA!! there you are doing what I plan to do soon in a small setup as well. Very nice group here as well.

And congrats on getting through a log with new tech and NO SHITHEADS TROLLED YOU!!!

Awesome!!

Icebud, looking and sounding great! Flower power! :)

Hell yeah!!! I can't wait....today makes day 1 of flowering!!! woo hoo!!!

Awesome plants Icemud and bitchin VSCrog!

Dude, i need your help and I hope you don't mind me asking you a quick question on your journal. But seeing as you have done such a good job using the light's I have my eye on it would be foolish not to pick your brain :)

I am literally ordering some lights from TopLED tonight (or right now depending on how quickly you reply haha). I was thinking about buying 2 x MarsII 1200w for both my veg (where there are also auto's) and for my Scrog flowering tent, one light in each tent.

Do you think that would do the job? Or do you feel the reflector's need to fit in somewhere in the equation?

I also have a 210w for my veg tent. My journal is in my sig if you fancy a peak.

I'm subbed anyway, great work mate, can't wait to see how your scrog turns out with those LED lights!! :bravo:

I can try to help my best, but have only used the Mars II 400w and the reflector series 144x3w so I can really only go off using those and the website specs....

I honestly think for your flowering tent, definitely the Mars II would be awesome...its a very powerful light and really penetrates well :) I think you would be happy with that... (not sure what size growing area you have so I can't really comment on what size light you need)

The reflector series works well for veg, slightly slower growth than a 400w HID *using only the veg setting at 180w, but I do have to say that the internodes are very very tight... so its kind of a trade off. I didn't veg with the flowering setting on so really not sure if that would have helped speed things up, but overall the reflector light is nice for veg...Not sure about flowering though since I haven't used it for flowering yet...

I think you pretty much can't go wrong with the Mars II.. :)

Hi,

Yeah, Harlequin is clone only in the Northwest (seems to at least originated up there). Lots of breeders are working with it. TGA Subcool did a very nice job with it-Pennywise. Check it out on seedfinder or his site, tgagenetics. I have some friends running a bunch of Pennywise up north for dispensaries. It is in big demand.

Yeah it seems that the high CBD strains are really gaining popularity now that more science is going into understanding the individual cannabinoids. I was looking for a long time to find clones of a high CBD strain and was so happy to find Harlequin!! I've never had it before so I am interested to try it as well as don't mind a more mellow functional high that takes care of pain :)

Hey Icemud!!

Nice find on the Black Cherry Cola. Sub used the clone to make Ace of Spades, Plushberry and one other I can't seem to recall. He is a bud of mine. Have fun with that!!

And dude, your log is amazing. I have spent the last four days scoping Sara's stuff out and VOILA!! there you are doing what I plan to do soon in a small setup as well. Very nice group here as well.

And congrats on getting through a log with new tech and NO SHITHEADS TROLLED YOU!!!

Awesome!!

Wingnut, really glad that you found my journals useful! I learned just about everything I know here at 420 mag so I try to give back and spread my knowledge as well :) Yeah, black cherry cola was a heck of a find, I've never had this strain but it sounds so good I couldn't pass it up, and when I looked at the nug shots of what it should look like when finished, whoaaa I'm excited !!! I have had a very hard time finding the genetic make-up of BCC, any clues ? I can't seem to find a solid answer online...

Yeah, I love 420 Magazine for the fact that most of those Shizheads go over to RollShitup.skum...lol I love how here everyone is mature, repects each other, and tons of growing wizards on here :) Definitely some ground breaking and game changing type grows going on here :) Glad to have ya my friend!!!

Happy Thurweed day Ice scrog is looking wonderful :thumb:

Happy Skunkday Ice :thumb:

Hey Everyone, just wanted to do a quick update... Today would officially be day 2 of flowering, I accidentally forgot to turn off my GLR dark time interruption on day 1 so it pushed flowering back by 1 day from when I originally stated it...oh well, no harm done :)

The ladies are definitely already hitting their stretch and reaching upwards towards the lights. I have been still Scrogging the side plants (OG's and the GSC's) to help fill in the top of the screens as well as leave room to sort of shift all the taller branches up a few notches to also space things out. I am so far very impressed overall with how the scrog screen filled out as well as how healthy my plants are doing at the moment. I really love this T and J tea and the Amaze, Bloomit and PRG...

Well since I am in flowering now, I flipped over to using Bloomit and PGR for my foliar sprays, as well as I still will be rotating in T and J foliar sprays every other feeding, about 1x per week of each spray. I will continue these until probably the 4th or 5th week of flowering when the buds are tight and really starting to form thick nugs and then I will most likely cut off the spraying or possibly just hit the plants from under the canopy to prevent spraying the buds..

Tonight was my 1st foliar spray using Boomit. I mixed up 1/4 gallon (32oz) of r/o, d/i water and added:
1 oz of Bloomit
1/2 oz of PGR
20ml of Adv. Nutrients Carboload
30ml of General organics cold pressed seaweed
30ml of fulvic acid
20 ml of Adv. Nutrients Organic B
Spinosad (preventative for bugs)
yucca extract (about 5ml)
a few drops of dr bronners organic soap (mint)
20ml of 3% H2O2

This is the same spray mix I have been using since I got the sprays, however since now I am in bloom, I replaced the Amaze with Bloomit..

The plants really seem to love the above mix, and the leaves are looking amazing...No or very little signs of any stress, very shiny waxy coating on the older leaves, very vivid bright green new growth...I think I am finally getting it down to the finesse of foliar feeding :) either that or the products just rock!! or a combo of both :)
DSC085311.JPG
DSC085321.JPG
DSC085332.JPG
DSC085341.JPG
DSC08535.JPG

Other than foliar feeding and tucking and weaving the scrog screen, I am very happy on how things are looking :) this should turn out to be a pretty amazing quality harvest, as well as a great yield :)

DSC08522.JPG
DSC08523.JPG
DSC085241.JPG
DSC085251.JPG
DSC085262.JPG
DSC085271.JPG
DSC085281.JPG

Back
Top Bottom