Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Hey Ice Hope your days going well Happy Tokerday Man :thumb:

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Looks good. Might want to do a mild defoliation so light can reach lower nodes. I do mine day 27 and 54 of Veg and day 21 of flower. And i also found that super cropping with a pinch and bend method late veg will increase bud sites above the knot developed from the plant healing it self at the pinch site. Love your setup. I need to get another led panel just switched over and expensive units 300 watt was 350+

Hey Cas! Thanks for the suggestion, I actually did a very mild defoliation the other day, mostly just to remove the dead leaves that weren't getting enough light. I should be flipping to flowering within the next week or 2 and before that I will be taking clones of all of the plants, except the Ogiesel which I have a mother, and then lollipopping the ladies. After the flip and the 2 week stretch has taken place I will then defoliate because I will have a better idea of how full the screen fills up and what leaves need to go and which ones I can keep. Usually on my past scrogs, everything below the screen is removed at this point and then around day 50 or so I usually remove most of the leave 5 nodes down from the cola's. This seemed to work the best to increase yield as well as give good enough airflow to prevent PM. I didn't do this one scrog grow and ended up getting PM on my girls so definitely defoliation is in the plans soon :) stay tuned cause things are going to get really exciting soon :)

I also love supercropping in veg, I bend every single top a few nodes down, usually right above a lower node and this really does increase the amount of budsites by a ton! I use this and LST before my screen to really bush out the girls to have more branches to Scrog :)

Love the suggestions my friend!! I am definitely excited to see what these Mars II led can do :)

Hey Ice Hope your days going well Happy Tokerday Man :thumb:

Happy Weedensday Cronic!!!

Hey Cas! Thanks for the suggestion, I actually did a very mild defoliation the other day, mostly just to remove the dead leaves that weren't getting enough light. I should be flipping to flowering within the next week or 2 and before that I will be taking clones of all of the plants, except the Ogiesel which I have a mother, and then lollipopping the ladies. After the flip and the 2 week stretch has taken place I will then defoliate because I will have a better idea of how full the screen fills up and what leaves need to go and which ones I can keep. Usually on my past scrogs, everything below the screen is removed at this point and then around day 50 or so I usually remove most of the leave 5 nodes down from the cola's. This seemed to work the best to increase yield as well as give good enough airflow to prevent PM. I didn't do this one scrog grow and ended up getting PM on my girls so definitely defoliation is in the plans soon :) stay tuned cause things are going to get really exciting soon :)

I also love supercropping in veg, I bend every single top a few nodes down, usually right above a lower node and this really does increase the amount of budsites by a ton! I use this and LST before my screen to really bush out the girls to have more branches to Scrog :)

Love the suggestions my friend!! I am definitely excited to see what these Mars II led can do :)

Wowzer Icemud, you really do know how to scrog proper my friend, multiple training methods, strategically timed defol. Lol that's why I was bugging u a month or so ago for your scrog opinions. Keep up the good work. Ill be watching and learning stuff. :)

Wowzer Icemud, you really do know how to scrog proper my friend, multiple training methods, strategically timed defol. Lol that's why I was bugging u a month or so ago for your scrog opinions. Keep up the good work. Ill be watching and learning stuff. :)

Hey Coorganics! Thanks so much (blushing) lol I really appreciate you stopping by! Definitely never bugging me, I like to help when I can. I was lucky enough to get good help here when I first became a member and my very 1st grow turned out successful :) I love sharing what I know and learning what I can :) Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with your journal as much as I would like but I'll stop over tonight and read up on how things have been going. Things should really start to get interesting soon :) Glad to have ya aboard! :)

Lol not yet...
Not with pics any way... But some good discussion. Probably stuff u guys figured out a year ago but mind blowing to me.

Here is a quick update for my flowering tent/scrog tent.

Today I gave the plants a foliar feeding as well as fed the girls. I had been bubbling my new T and J tea for 24 hours and it was extremely frothed over by bubbles :) I used a lot less than the instructions suggested but it still seemed to be pretty active tea with ingredients cut in 1/2. To my 5 gallon bucket of r/o water I added 4 large spoonfuls of the Biominerals (this would be about 1/2 the amount recommended) and 2 large spoonfuls of the tea activator. I also added about 10ml of yucca extract and within hours this tea was bubbling up and almost out of the bucket, even before i added the yucca (at the time of feeding).

I added 2 cups to 1/2 gallon of r/o water and gave my girls a good foliar feeding when the lights came on and about 4 hours later gave the rest of the tea to the plants (about 10 cups of water per plant) which gave me slight runoff. I also sprayed my clones in my other tent with the foliar spray :)

So far the plants seem to be growing very fast and day after day the leaves are looking healthier and more shiny with more vibrant color to them :) I think they really like this new regiment of foliar sprays and teas :) I feel good things are coming this grow.

The screen now is getting fairly full and I estimate about 1-2 weeks max and I will be flipping over to flowering. All of the plants are creating tons of tops and I would say each plant probably has anywhere from 12-30 tops outside of my Ogiesel which is growing and branching very slowly (a very different structure plant than others I have grown)

Every day I check to see which branches need tucking and spend about 10 minutes arranging branches and bending the tops to create more and fill up the screen. I've broken a couple of them not being careful and rushing so ive been taking my time and being more careful and the plants seem to be responding very well.

Here are today's pics..

DSC084011.JPG
DSC084021.JPG
DSC084031.JPG
DSC084041.JPG
DSC084051.JPG
DSC084061.JPG
DSC084073.JPG
DSC084081.JPG
DSC084092.JPG
DSC084101.JPG
DSC084112.JPG

Hey everyone, here is the link to my new journal. This current journal will only be of this tent from here on out. So the updates on my new strains and there progress will be updated here. I encourage all of you to participate in both :) should be exciting times coming :)

Icemud's 8.0 LED/V-Scrog Blk Chry Cola, Harlequin, Purple Dragon, GDP,Green Candy OG

Nice work Ice :thumb:, I was hoping you could let me know what my LED should look like when on. Top LEDs sit is down right now. I have the green light that you have in your flower tent. I think that they may have set the switches for growth and bloom mixed up. Am I correct in thinking I should have less white color on veg and more red. The bloom lights produce a deeper red when switched on and the growth switch seems to have more white and be lighter light production.

Nice work Ice :thumb:, I was hoping you could let me know what my LED should look like when on. Top LEDs sit is down right now. I have the green light that you have in your flower tent. I think that they may have set the switches for growth and bloom mixed up. Am I correct in thinking I should have less white color on veg and more red. The bloom lights produce a deeper red when switched on and the growth switch seems to have more white and be lighter light production.

Sounds to me as if your switches are fine!

Awesome, thank you for the clarification. After searching more pics in this journal, I came to the same conclusion. In the two days I've had the light, everything has taken off towards the light. Maybe an inch of growth on my largest plant. An a few vegetables I have in the same area have grown even faster. Im McLovin it lol

Happy Weednsday Ice :thumb:

So tonight I was curious on where my brix levels were at since the plants have been getting foliar sprays Amaze and PGR as well as rotated every 4 days with a T and J tea foliar spray. The plants leaves are definitely getting very shiny/waxy looking and so I was hoping to see high results, but some of the tests blew my mind, especially being in veg.

I also was curious about the difference between the sap in the plant (from the stem of the leaf) and the actual brix reading of the squished and squeezed leaf. I was curious to know if there was any correlation between the 2 readings but the results were somewhat interesting, not always the higher sap brix meant a higher leaf brix, but most cases it proved true.

It was sort of a Pain in the uknowwhat testing each separately but I think it was a fun test and showed me what I wanted to know. To do this I picked a mature leaf, about 5-7 nodes down from a more prominent top from each plant. For the sap test I cut off the stem only and squeezed the juice out of it, and tested it. For the leaf test I balled up the leaf, squished and pulverized it a few times, and took the juice reading.

Here were the results...
Brix Reading
SAP-LEAF
SFV OG: 6-13
UVH OG: 4.5-12
OGIESEL: 5-14
Cherry Pie: 6-17
Front GSC 7/8-21
Back GSC 8-23.5

Here are the photos of the actual test. The leaves are layed out in order they were tested as well as the position they are in my tent.

The first brix reading is the stem reading, the 2nd one is the leaf reading. Some of the tests didn't photo well but were very clear with my eye as the line was very defined. My camera didn't want to focus well though on some of the shots.

DSC084433.JPG

SFV OG BRIX of Sap 6, Brix of Leaf 13
DSC08445.JPG
DSC084461.JPG
DSC08444.JPG
DSC084471.JPG

UVH OG BRIX of Sap 4.5, Brix of Leaf 12
DSC084491.JPG
DSC084501.JPG
DSC084481.JPG
DSC08451.JPG

OGiesel: BRIX of Sap 5, Brix of Leaf 14
DSC084531.JPG
DSC08454.JPG
DSC084521.JPG
DSC084552.JPG

Cherry Pie: BRIX of Sap 6, Brix of Leaf 17
DSC084571.JPG
DSC084602.JPG
DSC084562.JPG
DSC084611.JPG

Front GSC: BRIX of Sap 7.5, Brix of Leaf 21
DSC084632.JPG
DSC084651.JPG
DSC084641.JPG
DSC084622.JPG
DSC084692.JPG

Back GSC: BRIX of Sap 7.5-8, Brix of Leaf 23.5

DSC084701.JPG
DSC084713.JPG
DSC084724.JPG

I am really impressed with the readings and I am still in veg. The plants are definitely reacting very fast to my scrogging and within hours are already turning towards the light and bending. Its pretty amazing! I can't wait to see these babies in flowering :)

I re-read what I posted and I didn't really answer your question right. The green lights have 2 switches, the veg one turns on the white leds, some red, blue. The bloom switch turns on only extra red for flowering. When you are flowering you will have both switches on, both veg and bloom should be on because the plant needs more red in flowering, but also needs the whites and blues. Your light is correct if the veg switch turns on the fans, and white, blue and red lights, and the bloom only turns on the extra red (only turn on bloom with the veg also on, fans do not come on with only the bloom switch)

:thanks:Happy Grow
I re-read what I posted and I didn't really answer your question right. The green lights have 2 switches, the veg one turns on the white leds, some red, blue. The bloom switch turns on only extra red for flowering. When you are flowering you will have both switches on, both veg and bloom should be on because the plant needs more red in flowering, but also needs the whites and blues. Your light is correct if the veg switch turns on the fans, and white, blue and red lights, and the bloom only turns on the extra red (only turn on bloom with the veg also on, fans do not come on with only the bloom switch)

hey Ice how do you read that Brix meter thing?
im just curious as the doesn't seem to be a definite line
except for the ones look like theyre on 30
Happy Thurweed day Ice :thumb:

hey Ice how do you read that Brix meter thing?
im just curious as the doesn't seem to be a definite line
except for the ones look like theyre on 30
Happy Thurweed day Ice :thumb:

Usually the line is very pronounced like the 1st few photos, but when I put my camera up to the lens, it makes the lines not show up very good. When I look through with my eye, the line is very clear and easy to read, this is where I took notes of what each reading was, the photos were there really to try to show proof, but the camera just didn't want to focus right to pick up the line on most photos.

That is very detailed and complicated looking. I would pull my hair out if I had any:) lol:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom