Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

I can try to help my best, but have only used the Mars II 400w and the reflector series 144x3w so I can really only go off using those and the website specs....

I honestly think for your flowering tent, definitely the Mars II would be awesome...its a very powerful light and really penetrates well :) I think you would be happy with that... (not sure what size growing area you have so I can't really comment on what size light you need)

The reflector series works well for veg, slightly slower growth than a 400w HID *using only the veg setting at 180w, but I do have to say that the internodes are very very tight... so its kind of a trade off. I didn't veg with the flowering setting on so really not sure if that would have helped speed things up, but overall the reflector light is nice for veg...Not sure about flowering though since I haven't used it for flowering yet...

I think you pretty much can't go wrong with the Mars II.. :)

Thanks Icemud :) I'm hoping they will arrive this week! I'm itching to get my hands on them!

Your ladies are loving your Mars II! Looking great! Can't wait to see the buds form

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

lush scrog ice, congrats. Can you explain the reasoning on switching from Amaze to bloomit?

BioAg's page says :"AMAZE is unique because it combines plant-available phosphate with soluble calcium. By combining these two elements, calcium becomes mobile in the plant and migrates directly to the fruit of the crop in which it is applied increasing the bulk of the fruit or vegetable." ...so it seems like it's also intended to be used as a reproductive foliar.

Thanks man appreciate the direction.

Icemud,
Your girls are gorgeous! Do you like using the Enhancer (CO2 producer) and feel its effective?

It's hard to say if it is effective because I don't have a CO2 PPM meter to see if it really raises the room's CO2 levels. What I can say is that for about 2 weeks if I shake the bottle, the bottle does fill up with CO2 gas but as far as its effectiveness, I'm not really sure. I also don't have a sealed environment and I have constant air exchange coming into my tents and leaving, so If in fact it does let out enough CO2, it would only be a slight difference or benefit..

lush scrog ice, congrats. Can you explain the reasoning on switching from Amaze to bloomit?

BioAg's page says :"AMAZE is unique because it combines plant-available phosphate with soluble calcium. By combining these two elements, calcium becomes mobile in the plant and migrates directly to the fruit of the crop in which it is applied increasing the bulk of the fruit or vegetable." ...so it seems like it's also intended to be used as a reproductive foliar.

Thanks man appreciate the direction.

Hey VonDank!! Thanks on the compliments....

Amaze favors vegitative growth and bloomit favors bloom set. So from what I have read, you want to use PGR through the whole cycle. During veg you mix the PGR with Amaze. During first few weeks of flowering and the stretch, you want to replace the Amaze with Bloomit which supposedly helps force more "reproductive" traits in the plant and encourages blossom sets. Once good buds start setting and forming, then you want to switch back to the Amaze and PGR. The Amaze used in later flowering helps with bulking the flowers..

Now why is this?? not too sure, but I did look around and did some reading as well as remember a few things from research in the past so I will try to take a stab at it....From what I gathered, it has a lot to to with polarity of the spray, and I remember a while back reading that for veg you want a strong alkaline spray and for flowering you want a strong acidic spray. I will have to read up more about this and the why's, but I think polarity is a big part of why...Docbud might know more about the Why and be able to chime in...

Lovely :bravo:

Does the Amaze have nitrate and Bloomit ammonial N? Nitrate is for growth(and bulking?), i believe, ammonial is reproductive(flower, fruit..seed)

Amaze: 5-16-4 4% nitrate nitrogen, 1% Urea Nitrogen, 5% Calcium: ingredients: Urea, Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Phosphate, Calcium Nitrate

Bloomit: 2-18-0 2% Amonical Nitrogen, Ingredients : Phosphoric Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Manganese Nitrate.

Looks like you are right Dr. Ziggy!! Nice :) I didn't know that but I do now :) Thanks

Amazing info here and RESPECT to Icemud! Good to finally say I'm subbed! :goodjob:

Happy Munchday Ice :thumb:

Hi Icemud,

just a quick question about the lights. In your experience so far, do you think 4 x 700w Mars IIs would be too much in a 5x5 tent? If i read correctly your tent is 2.5x5, and your using 1200w, so i am only really looking at a little more than double what you have here (4x700w = 2800) in double the space...

Thanks Ice, great journal, looking like it's going to be a really good harvest!

Doozy....how many strains are you looking to grow in your tent? Using a scrog?

Thanks for the excellent heads up info guys.
would you know the dif between bloomit and brix blaster?

Ludweed

Hey VonDankenhoek! I've never used brix blaster and when I was looking around I couldn't find a supplier to purchase it from so I really am not sure what the difference is.

Amazing info here and RESPECT to Icemud! Good to finally say I'm subbed! :goodjob:

Great to have you here Vdub!! Make yourself welcome, pull up a beanbag, grab some herbals and enjoy the show :) this should be a really fun grow to watch :) Thank you as well for the compliments! Respect!

Hi Icemud,

just a quick question about the lights. In your experience so far, do you think 4 x 700w Mars IIs would be too much in a 5x5 tent? If i read correctly your tent is 2.5x5, and your using 1200w, so i am only really looking at a little more than double what you have here (4x700w = 2800) in double the space...

Thanks Ice, great journal, looking like it's going to be a really good harvest!

Right now I am using 3x 80x5w Mars II in my tent...I am a believe that I definitely want more light than "getting by" so I favor going slightly overkill in my grow area. As far as a 5x5 tent, I am sure that if you got 4x Mars II 400w it would work fine, but if it were me, I would go 4x Mars II 700w, or at least 2x mars II 400w's and 2x Mars II 700w..

looking super scroggy my chilly friend the sprays make a big difference if you get the timing right and make sure the soil energy is up when you spray the force or something makes those sprays pull things right up thru the roots lol that whole soil food web thing, anyway they look fantastic and i bet your brix is sky high!:high-five:

I will probably check the brix levels again in 2 weeks after the stretch but I am really expecting to see some 18-25's :) well hopefully. By the looks of the leaves I think I may be close :) gotta love the sprays and TandJ!!! I can't wait until this tent is a carpet of bud!!

Back
Top Bottom