I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

That's an interesting scenario! Try the window and see if you remove it from the tent. I have exhausted outside and found it sucked in unwanted air and I stopped. It's a cellar with two drier vents so wrong ;) air was coming in freely (therefore shoveling shit against the tide). I found my situation better to keep internal.
Yeah once the big dehuey gets here I will play around with things.

The tent itself is exhausting into the room. Then the window in that room has one of those 3’ x 3’ box fans in the window sucking the air out. Nothing that is coming in from above that window is making it back into the room and I saw a substantial decrease in humidity when I added that.

What I wouldn’t mind doing is actually exhausting directly outside. There are a couple of different window exhaust adapters that are floating around, but I haven’t found one that has a flap on it to keep the vent closed when not in use to prevent exactly what you mentioned!

I also forgot to mention that there is a 75 gallon aquarium in that room too LOL so it’s probably best to keep the airflow up in the room and worry about adjusting the humidity in the tent. But I won’t really know until after I have the new dehumidifier set up and running in the tent for a few days to see how it goes :)

With the way I have my tent in/out fans controlled as I hit my VPD target they go down to the lowest setting (1 out of 10)for the intake and a 2 out of ten for the exhaust to keep negative site pressure in the tent and a small amount of air flow.

As the VPD lowers, the fans progressively get stronger. Currently they are running at full blast a majority of the time. I’m hoping with the addition of this dehumidifier that they rarely have to kick on to their highest settings.

Back
Top Bottom