I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost - Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow SIP/SCROG

What say you grow masters?

I have had Bud Rot the past 2 - 3 grows. This is the first time that Im chasing VPD and the first grow with a dehumidifier in the tent.

But I want to do everything I can to prevent bud rot this time around. Are there any strategies out there that I might be overlooking to help prevent?

Currently over the past week this is what my temperature, humidity, and VPD has looked like.

IMG_4036.png

IMG_4037.png

Do you think I’m in the danger zone with the above environment and a 4” intake, 4” exhaust that ramp up and down to keep VPD at its goal, 2 6” fans under the canopy, 1 is directly up the center between the 2 plants, the other flows up though the bottom at an angle.

Then I have 2 6” oscillating fans blowing down/across the canopy on opposite sides of the tent and 1 6” fan from a third corner blowing down/across the canopy.

Appreciate any feedback.

I'm no tent grower but I'd say if you can keep the RH under 50% all the time you'd probably have better luck. 45% would be even better as a high.
That’s really but what I’ve been trying to do. I’ve not been able to achieve that unfortunately. I am thinking that I need a more robust dehumidifier.

I have 2 in the tent that are supposed to be good for up to 400 sqft….. still as you can see I’m more at 57% on average…..

What say you grow masters?

I have had Bud Rot the past 2 - 3 grows. This is the first time that Im chasing VPD and the first grow with a dehumidifier in the tent.

But I want to do everything I can to prevent bud rot this time around. Are there any strategies out there that I might be overlooking to help prevent?

Currently over the past week this is what my temperature, humidity, and VPD has looked like.

IMG_4036.png

IMG_4037.png

Do you think I’m in the danger zone with the above environment and a 4” intake, 4” exhaust that ramp up and down to keep VPD at its goal, 2 6” fans under the canopy, 1 is directly up the center between the 2 plants, the other flows up though the bottom at an angle.

Then I have 2 6” oscillating fans blowing down/across the canopy on opposite sides of the tent and 1 6” fan from a third corner blowing down/across the canopy.

Appreciate any feedback.
Your Girlz are looking Sweet! 😋

Lowering your Humidity will decrease your chances of Budrot. The first thing I would do would be to lower your canopy fans and point them upward to blow the heat away from the plants. The way you have them is increasing transpiration by heating them.

I would try that change alone before doing the next suggestion, because many will disagree with my next suggestion... Argh!

I would remove a majority of those Huge fan leaves over a few days to not shock the plants. Less leaves = Less Transpiration. I think it is the Lesser of 2 evils. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom