Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters

Highya SO,

That Big Apple Betty!!! Wow! Gorgeous huge lady. Surprising how much has grown through the wire cage. Reaching for the ultimate light! GDP's always got such a funny sense of humor. Love it. Great Runtz Muffin as well! Love this time of year, watching the white pistils get bigger! Anyways, no, I haven't had any bud rot yet. And haven't seen any inch worms either. Thanks for the heads up. Happy Smokin'

Cool.

He should hold that note at the end for a long time to ensure he doesn't leave any dry pockets! 🇱🇷
I have a wife for this ya know! It's a scientific method of LOS watering! ⚾⚾ 🦶 :rofl: :passitleft:
Highya SO,

That Big Apple Betty!!! Wow! Gorgeous huge lady. Surprising how much has grown through the wire cage. Reaching for the ultimate light! GDP's always got such a funny sense of humor. Love it. Great Runtz Muffin as well! Love this time of year, watching the white pistils get bigger! Anyways, no, I haven't had any bud rot yet. And haven't seen any inch worms either. Thanks for the heads up. Happy Smokin'
Awesome that you have no rot! She really has done lots of reaching! I waited almost two extra weeks to close them in this year too for that reason! Good thing! Yeah GDB is the best! We have a great bunch here! Overcast here today but this coming week looks like a growing week!
My tomatoes are giving up their second ripe push, maybe last push now. They had a good year! Another couple of weeks and it'll be time to clean them up and out. Time's flying!

Time is fling low 56 at night and 70-80 day damn winter is around the corner 🍃
Dude don’t say that shit out loud!!!!

That white mold stuff that flies through air will hear you!!!

IT'S MID SEPTEMBER. LET'S EAT FRIED GREEN TOMATOES

Oh baby! What I did today!
Hi everyone! So yes, the season is getting short and with that comes green tomatoes! I had a few. This year I tried Kevin Belton's New Orleans style from his book. They were to die for! Everyone here that had some has x's on their eyes now until digestion opens up a window of relief! Lemony garlicy aioli over spiced fried goodness from the garden!
Do it! @Vegan4life if you don't have a special FGT recipe, or one like this one, give it a try! It's a good one!

IMG_1516.jpeg

IT'S MID SEPTEMBER. LET'S EAT FRIED GREEN TOMATOES

Oh baby! What I did today!
Hi everyone! So yes, the season is getting short and with that comes green tomatoes! I had a few. This year I tried Kevin Belton's New Orleans style from his book. They were to die for! Everyone here that had some has x's on their eyes now until digestion opens up a window of relief! Lemony garlicy aioli over spiced fried goodness from the garden!
Do it! @Vegan4life if you don't have a special FGT recipe, or one like this one, give it a try! It's a good one!

IMG_1516.jpeg
Thanks for the recipe! Next time I make it by the farmers market I'll grab some green tomatoes. Last week I found a farmers market that has them, they also have a big variety of mushrooms and I bought some Lion's mane and made a steak with it YUM! I have another one marinating right now. My wife even said it tastes like a good filet but better!

Your plants look awesome!

:passitleft:

Thanks for the recipe! Next time I make it by the farmers market I'll grab some green tomatoes. Last week I found a farmers market that has them, they also have a big variety of mushrooms and I bought some Lion's mane and made a steak with it YUM! I have another one marinating right now. My wife even said it tastes like a good filet but better!

Your plants look awesome!

:passitleft:
I'm shroom deficient, that sounds delish!
This was a first try and a real win! :drool:

I am the other way around no more red tomatoes and a dozen green. We are cooking do a bushel of plum tomato's today. Making sauce for the freezer. I clean my garden of all the ripe tomatoes. :thumb: 🍋
Nice! I'm just two plants so I eat em was fast as I can! They get away from me though, I've been giving as many as I can this week. You guys got it going on! Sauce for months!

I used to make sauce with my mother in-law 30 plus years ago it is pretty easy the only labor is cutting the tomatoes and grinding them after they cook down. I bought a bushel for $14 all plumb with lots of blemishes they are sauce tomatoes not pretty ones. I have to go back to the farm stand and get corn I forgot it this morning. The spicing up of the sauce is my wife's job taught to her by her mother and she learned by my wife's grandmother. She came over on a boat from Italy. Lot of tradition in cooking in my house. 🍋

I used to make sauce with my mother in-law 30 plus years ago it is pretty easy the only labor is cutting the tomatoes and grinding them after they cook down. I bought a bushel for $14 all plumb with lots of blemishes they are sauce tomatoes not pretty ones. I have to go back to the farm stand and get corn I forgot it this morning. The spicing up of the sauce is my wife's job taught to her by her mother and she learned by my wife's grandmother. She came over on a boat from Italy. Lot of tradition in cooking in my house. 🍋
A good sauce is something! You're lucky to have that tradition! It's a real gift in life!

Back
Top Bottom