Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters

ANOTHER DAY OF WATCHING UPDATE

Hi all, the season really is saying it's turning! I covered the pool yesterday, it's time to get this weed grown!
Good news is Betty tested 13.5 brix yesterday, bad news Muffy tested 6! WHAT!? Calm down now, Muffy unbeknownst to me drank all the water I gave her! She was in full wilt at 3 pm. I gave her a drink and up went her leaves within the hour. I'll test again one time soon.

I water with a wand at full on and sing happy birthday 3 times for the weed. It just worked until now. For calibration I put the end in my 2 gallon watering can and started the song. Come to find out it was just under 2 gallons. Apparently not enough for Muffy and How could it be enough for Betty? So I'm doubling water. 4 gallons for these sound right, we'll see.

In other garden news, I found my first bud rot today on Muffy. A single bud up high with bug poop in it. The culprit was probably a little maggie like the one below that I got great pleasure from squishing in my fingers and flickin!

Then there's the good! These backyard warriors are snatching lots of smaller insects from the air all the time! I was a little sad to see a pair of swallows focussing over the yard getting their fill of dragons! Circle of life all day every day.

ON TO THE NEXT THING, SOIL RECIPE UPDATE

Here's the recipe I'm using for my next soil amend. I used The Rev's new Druid recipe and made it the size of my barrels which are 45ish gallons. I'm really excited to run this one!

Indoor growing is calling!
Say WHAT?!

1725639027779.png

A conversation with @Gee64 and crew a while back about carbon in soil and how roots will search it out came up. I found a perfect example of roots finding carbon in my bark mulch on my 10 gallon pots.

Top roots, very top roots I should say, having a food supply on bottoms of chunky bark mulch. You can see on the piece of bark that I had to break roots apart to get the pic.
Coolio! :jawdropper: Those roots are happy to be there. If they're seeking carbon like that I can't help but wonder how it would go if one would mix just a little bio-char with the mulch. Something for the brain to chew on.
I really want to see the roots in my pots going all the way to the top, they're favoring the bottom with my Plain Jane approach to growing right now. It don't cut it for me!

Say WHAT?!

1725639027779.png
Hi Schnookie, yep, hehe I use unicorn. I get it from an alpaca farm up the street. :) Someone here mentioned alpaca poop was like Unicorn poop and I liked it so I use the term. Glad to see you paying attention! I found some information on it if you're interested. I'm not in Montana, just they had some easy access info. They compost where I get it too. I swear there's as many worms(red wrigglers) as there is composted poop in a bucket! They give it away too! Very nice of them!
Coolio! :jawdropper: Those roots are happy to be there. If they're seeking carbon like that I can't help but wonder how it would go if one would mix just a little bio-char with the mulch. Something for the brain to chew on.
I really want to see the roots in my pots going all the way to the top, they're favoring the bottom with my Plain Jane approach to growing right now. It don't cut it for me!
That was in 10 gallon cloth using the previous to the above recipe for LOS ala The Rev. Yeah they were!
I have no experience with char so I can't say.

Hi Schnookie, yep, hehe I use unicorn. I get it from an alpaca farm up the street. :) Someone here mentioned alpaca poop was like Unicorn poop and I liked it so I use the term. Glad to see you paying attention! I found some information on it if you're interested. I'm not in Montana, just they had some easy access info. They compost where I get it too. I swear there's as many worms(red wrigglers) as there is composted poop in a bucket! They give it away too! Very nice of them!

That was in 10 gallon cloth using the previous to the above recipe for LOS ala The Rev. Yeah they were!
I have no experience with char so I can't say.
I got a truckload of fresh chickenshit delivered to my house last year and for some reason I never covered it or put lime on it for a few months naively and was dealing with the flies and smell which I'm sure my new neighbors HATED. Looking back now, I feel ridiculous that I did that, given how easy it is to cover with some lime and a tarp (** which I already had !! **). It's been stewing now all year under the tarp and everything downhill from it is green as can be. The bananas next to the pile are also doing fantastic! Maybe I'll have fruit next year! There's quite a bit left still after spreading a few cartloads into the backyard and under all the plants I've put outside, so I'm hoping this winter for it to dry out some and I'll turn it under the "soil" for the "weed" garden next year.

So how many times are you singing Happy Birthday now? Or did you change the song?

Nice catch on the caterpillar and I hope he's inching solo! Beautiful dragonfly too. :rip:

And I can't wait to see the mess you make on the laundry room floor... :popcorn:
I'm down sizing my batches to one barrel at a time a day this run! Those small mountains of the past are ova. If only I could get a cement mixer in there. Hmmmm
I got a truckload of fresh chickenshit delivered to my house last year and for some reason I never covered it or put lime on it for a few months naively and was dealing with the flies and smell which I'm sure my new neighbors HATED. Looking back now, I feel ridiculous that I did that, given how easy it is to cover with some lime and a tarp (** which I already had !! **). It's been stewing now all year under the tarp and everything downhill from it is green as can be. The bananas next to the pile are also doing fantastic! Maybe I'll have fruit next year! There's quite a bit left still after spreading a few cartloads into the backyard and under all the plants I've put outside, so I'm hoping this winter for it to dry out some and I'll turn it under the "soil" for the "weed" garden next year.
Chicken's good shit Schnookie! I bet it'll be perfect for your garden next season.
So how many times are you singing Happy Birthday now? Or did you change the song?
You mean my scientific method? That's 4 times, and I have a short break midway to let the tide lower. I go three on one plant, then go to the other, then back again. Repeat. About 3 3/4 gallons
winged sea serpent
I like your imagination! Now jump on and have a fly! I'll be on the next one! Watch out for Swallows!
National anthem now, probably. :thumb:
The Canthem!

SATURDAY MORNING UPDATE, AFTER THE RAIN

Happy daze everyone! We had some rain through the night, it's been a while since we got steady rain so my thanks to the rain maker!

Still they get the same water from me.

Here's @Herbies Seeds Apple Betty in her wet glory today. 21 days into flower! She's rocking the boat with bud sites and they're starting to fill in!

Speaking of wet beauty! Here's Runtz Muffin from @Barney's Farm ! She's a sweet smelling frosty bud building mad grower! I can't stop inhaling when I'm near! Barneys says this one gets to be 2 meters tall. This one got to 3! I'm not unhappy with that! :love:

SATURDAY MORNING UPDATE, AFTER THE RAIN

Happy daze everyone! We had some rain through the night, it's been a while since we got steady rain so my thanks to the rain maker!

Still they get the same water from me.

Here's @Herbies Seeds Apple Betty in her wet glory today. 21 days into flower! She's rocking the boat with bud sites and they're starting to fill in!

Speaking of wet beauty! Here's Runtz Muffin from @Barney's Farm ! She's a sweet smelling frosty bud building mad grower! I can't stop inhaling when I'm near! Barneys says this one gets to be 2 meters tall. This one got to 3! I'm not unhappy with that! :love:

Beautiful!
:high-five:

Beautiful!
:high-five:
You'd know! :high-five:
Hot Damn Look at the buds building :yahoo::yahoo::theband:
Building and stinking up a storm! :headbanger:
Everything's better when wet! Do you ever show off the branches after the rain to get the excess off, or even go the leaf blower route?
I have but haven't shaken this year. It's like resisting the borg with these giants. I tried a leaf blower and it works but takes some time to get it done. Last year I took an attitude of, grow a healthy plant and give it as many benefits as I can to thwart off rot and PM and bugs. i have rot to deal with that I have little control of. That's where the B bass is being tested. Bt worked to an extent and wasn't perfect so I figured why not try Bb in stead and get multi positive effects? maybe

I'm wondering if @Bode and @KeithLemon has had any rotten buds yet this season? I had one so far.

National anthem now, probably. :thumb:
Cool.

He should hold that note at the end for a long time to ensure he doesn't leave any dry pockets! 🇱🇷

Back
Top Bottom