Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

I saved my roots from the Alaskan Purple I harvested in August. It’s been out drying in my back yard, so it’s shrunk down a bit. I don’t really have experience looking at root balls, so I don’t quite know what to think. I thought I’d put up a couple pics for @InTheShed to take a peek at because it had the pellet fabric left on it the whole time. Hard to really see, but for fun.
D89FAB4F-D764-473B-B5C0-3BE5E24014DA.jpeg
2159E305-BEA8-4F9A-AF47-AE72E1D901CE.jpeg
AC578F8B-2592-49C1-9B3E-D29FD6CA945E.jpeg
I'm not sure what to think on the mesh. On one hand you hear stories about it effecting the plant. Then I see what roots can do to concrete and masonry and I wonder if a small piece of mesh can do much to hinder a plant with a strong root system.

Once when I was but a small boy my father cut a hole in a bin liner and put it over my head. I was supposed to be a ghost! That's how bad it can be sometimes.
I had the same, a waste bin liner for a cape and my superman pj's… :laugh:
I hope I can oppress my children memorably. :passitleft:

We have freakin caravans throughout the neighborhood. Greedy little sh!ts that don't even say thanks.

I had the same, a waste bin liner for a cape and my superman pj's… :laugh:
I hope I can oppress my children memorably. :passitleft:

We have freakin caravans throughout the neighborhood. Greedy little sh!ts that don't even say thanks.
Lol, costumes don’t matter, all they remember is CANDY!!

I'm not sure what to think on the mesh. On one hand you hear stories about it effecting the plant. Then I see what roots can do to concrete and masonry and I wonder if a small piece of mesh can do much to hinder a plant with a strong root system.
Agreed, I’m not sure what to think either. This is also the plastic-style netting jiffy, the ones I have now are more of a fabric. Curious to see what becomes of those ones. What’s a way to really even test that out? Clones? :hmmmm:

I don't know much about root reading. Looks good to me. :cheesygrinsmiley: I wonder have you smoked any yet? My last seed order has one or two of them in it.
Just finished curing and I’ve smoked it a couple times. So far it’s been great! I like to give a new strain a whole day of smoking it to really get a feel for it. But I’ve been eating a lot of edibles lately, so I haven’t had a chance to try it all by itself yet. They guys from the comparative really seem to like it though. You won’t be disappointed Stone!!

Once when I was but a small boy my father cut a hole in a bin liner and put it over my head.
Are you sure you weren't just headed to football match? It does rain a bit there...
I thought I’d put up a couple pics for @InTheShed to take a peek at because it had the pellet fabric left on it the whole time. Hard to really see, but for fun.
Hard to see what is happening in the dark, and I am not saying it will mess up every plant every time. But given the fact that the mesh can cause problems, and given that we spend a lot of time and money trying to generate the best version of each plant, why not spend 15 seconds taking the cover off the peat before planting it?
I wonder if a small piece of mesh can do much to hinder a plant with a strong root system.
Trees roots break concrete and lift sidewalks after many years of growth. Our plants grow a few months. I am not proselytizing mesh removal. I'm just offering a simple recommendation which you can follow or not. I can't find a single good reason to leave the mesh on unless you don't get around to planting it until the roots are already growing through it.

Just finished curing and I’ve smoked it a couple times. So far it’s been great! I like to give a new strain a whole day of smoking it to really get a feel for it. But I’ve been eating a lot of edibles lately, so I haven’t had a chance to try it all by itself yet. They guys from the comparative really seem to like it though. You won’t be disappointed Stone!!
Haha beautiful! Now to figure when. So many to try. It's on the list

I can't find a single good reason to leave the mesh on unless you don't get around to planting it until the roots are already growing through it.
That’s what happened to these ones. One root grew out of the side. These fabric pellets are hard to cut. I need to get some good scissors before one of the OGs sprout. I was scared trying to mess with it when the fabric wouldn’t cut. The original plastic style one tore so easily in comparison.

Damn fast-growing roots! That's why I try to plant as soon as I see a sprout coming through instead of waiting for a tap like I used to.
Lol, that DDA didn’t even make it into a pellet!! :laughtwo:

Trees roots break concrete and lift sidewalks after many years of growth. Our plants grow a few months. I am not proselytizing mesh removal. I'm just offering a simple recommendation which you can follow or not. I can't find a single good reason to leave the mesh on unless you don't get around to planting it until the roots are already growing through it.
I guess point was that roots are a lot tougher than a lot of people think I just didn't present it well.
This is me sober with hummingbird brain. Can't seem to organize my thoughts....

This is me sober with hummingbird brain. Can't seem to organize my thoughts..

Do you run upto people with bright clothes, and get in their face..... Then run away

Humming birds do that to me all day long

:hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley::rofl::rofl::rofl::passitleft:

Nothing but neon orange, yellow and green for me

I have such a introverted personality, it helps me come out of my shell

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Even made myself laugh on that one

I wouldn't worry about the fabric mesh. I put a 1ltr fabric pot inside a 5ltr fabric pot and the roots bored through it with ease. The Purple Punch is inside a tiny little plastic net pot and the roots have split it already

Back
Top Bottom