HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Clementine, Gelato & Pineapple Express In ProMix

I also started these Blueberry Auto seeds this morning:

Photo 20 - BBa in Water.jpeg

Photo 21 - BBa in Water.jpeg

They weren't in the original plan but I figure I can slide one more plant into each of the 3 tents I have and if worse comes to worse, I can always set one or two up on the baker's rack.

And, I'm planning on putting the Gelatos into flower when my Jack Herers are done in Tent #2. The Clementines may go in there when the Diesels are done.

And, I'm thinking about trying Uncle Ben's Topping Method with the Blue Dream and Pineapple Express to hopefully keep their heights down. When doing this kind of topping or quadlining, does the plant grow wider instead of taller? Or, is it just shorter?

Your little sprouts look good! I can see the thrip damage, hopefully you've gotten rid of those little bastards!
When doing this kind of topping or quadlining, does the plant grow wider instead of taller? Or, is it just shorter?
It'll grow a little wider, but not necessarily much shorter.
You'll need to do some training to get both wider and shorter.
So, topping and quadlining or some type of LST is needed- you'll need to tie stuff down to get more width out of her- otherwise she'll be topped, but still mostly want to just grow straight up.
Training will convert some of the vertical growth into horizontal growth, which is generally what you want, if you're going to go to the trouble of training.
Topping and then just letting her grow natural doesn't really do much, except you'll get 2 main colas instead of just one.

Good day @HashGirl great garden my friend.
Ladies are absolutely perfect. :love:
Your update is terrific, very informative.
Nice work.
Edit there is more.:cheer:
I was too fast sorry, didn't mean to split your post.

Stay safe
Bill

No worries, Bill. Thank you for the compliment on the girls.

Lots of new babies and more new baby autos expected soon. And going with a new training method. Whew! :green_heart:

Stay diligent on the Safers the pests hate that.

Thanks, Nev. One of the Clementines was looking wonky again this morning and I saw some of the dead thrips on the leaf (they weren't moving so I assume they're dead) so I sprayed her again with Safer's to be on the Safer side. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your little sprouts look good! I can see the thrip damage, hopefully you've gotten rid of those little bastards!

Thanks, Carcass.

It'll grow a little wider, but not necessarily much shorter.

Well, that's disappointing.

You'll need to do some training to get both wider and shorter.

I'm definitely going to train them. And, I don't want them too wide because I want 4 plants in each tent.

So, topping and quadlining or some type of LST is needed- you'll need to tie stuff down to get more width out of her- otherwise she'll be topped, but still mostly want to just grow straight up.
Training will convert some of the vertical growth into horizontal growth, which is generally what you want, if you're going to go to the trouble of training.
Topping and then just letting her grow natural doesn't really do much, except you'll get 2 main colas instead of just one.

So, I top and LST now but my Diesels are too tall to support the buds so that's why I want to train them shorter. More bud sites, stronger stalks and not so tall are my goals.

If you don't see bugs crawling up the stems and under the leaves it's probably not aphids, which crawl all over the plant. In veg you can also go with 70% isopropyl alcohol mixed 1:9 with water every day for a week and see how that works. It doesn't leave any residue on the plants like Safers, and it's good to use alternative products anyway...keeps the bugs guessing! Neem is another good product for veg. Kill them now so they're gone by flowering.

And it might be a good idea to really clean the tents when the plants are out to kill the ones hiding in there. I use straight iso (and a mask) but you can also use a diluted bleach mix (and a mask). Spray it all down and turn on the fans to dry it out before the plants go back in.

Well, that's disappointing.
So, I top and LST now but my Diesels are too tall to support the buds so that's why I want to train them shorter. More bud sites, stronger stalks and not so tall are my goals.
How tall your plants are is mostly dependent on when you flip, regardless of training method. Dutchman quadlined most of his plants and grew them 4-5 feet tall. Carcass quadlines and gets his to 17".

The humidity in the tent has increased by 7. It was at 40/41 and now, it's at 47 so I'm happy it's helping.

In other news, look what I picked up during the Cyber Monday sales:

IMG_6406.jpeg

The ones in the baggies are all bred by the Seed Man. The Bubba Kush, Jack Herer and 3 of the Blueberry Fems were all freebies. I had planned on buying 5 Blueberry Fem seeds but one of the freebie was 3 Blueberry Fem seeds so I only ordered 3 seeds.

I also got these in the mail but so far, have been afraid to try any of them:

IMG_6408.jpg

IMG_6409.jpeg

It was $70 for a 6 strain variety pack but on Cyber Monday, it was only $45 so I ordered them.

I need to find out if 1g is a moderate dose or if I should half it. When I took the photos, I just realized they didn't send me the 6 strains that were in the variety pack on their website. I guess I need to look into that. I know next to nothing about Magic Mushrooms but I had been interested in their Big Mex:

Big Mex Magic Mushrooms – The Big Mex a.k.a. Psilocybe Cubensis Mexicana are commonly referred to as Mexican Magic Mushrooms. Big Mex has been proven to be a reliable strain for consumers looking for a mild, standard, typical magic mushrooms experience. Big Mex is known for a good balance of visual effects as well as spiritual exploration. Some other notable effects are; increased creativity and original thoughts, general feeling of well-being and joy. Ideal for first time use because of it’s mild and typical effects, you will feel happiness, positivity and euphoria.

But, it's not one of the strains in the pack so that's sad.
You have spores there for the two best mushroom varieties that exist on this planet, Golden Teachers and Penis Envys. Those are the two strongest by 100 miles in that collection. The Penis Envy are also by far the largest mushrooms you will ever grow (size DOES matter, lol.) I have some Golden Teachers now and I have tripped about 1000x, and I can only take 1/2 a gram or I'm in DMT type territory for hours and hours. Off the charts strong. Be careful.

Btw - so I go away for a few days to trim jail and come back, and the Gelato has made an amazing recovery!!! Last time I was here I didn't even want to comment so I just complimented the Clementine (lol!). But wow! It's a great recovery. I honestly didn't think that plant was going to make it. Look at you! Go girl! Great job!

If you don't see bugs crawling up the stems and under the leaves it's probably not aphids, which crawl all over the plant.
I think they may be thrips then. The photo I found of damage to the leaves looks like the damage to my plants' leaves.

One of the Clementines isn't looking very healthy this morning. She has 5 leaves and 3 of them look awful.

Scarred Leaves.jpg

In veg you can also go with 70% isopropyl alcohol mixed 1:9 with water every day for a week and see how that works. It doesn't leave any residue on the plants like Safers, and it's good to use alternative products anyway...keeps the bugs guessing! Neem is another good product for veg. Kill them now so they're gone by flowering.

We have 99% isopropyl alcohol. If I use that, how much water should I add?

And, I also have pure Neem oil. Do you know how much water to add it to?

And it might be a good idea to really clean the tents when the plants are out to kill the ones hiding in there. I use straight iso (and a mask) but you can also use a diluted bleach mix (and a mask). Spray it all down and turn on the fans to dry it out before the plants go back in.

Will do. I usually use diluted bleach when I clean them.

How tall your plants are is mostly dependent on when you flip, regardless of training method. Dutchman quadlined most of his plants and grew them 4-5 feet tall. Carcass quadlines and gets his to 17".

Good point. I think part of the problem is that the plants I want to grow in the same tent at the same time don't seem to get their veg done all at the same time so then I have plants that should have gone to flower at 60 days but the accompanying plants didn't germinate as easily and now they're a month behind the first ones. I'm running into that problem with the Gelatos and Clementines. The plan is to put the Gelatos in the Flower tent when the Jack Herers in there are done.

You have spores there for the two best mushroom varieties that exist on this planet, Golden Teachers and Penis Envys. Those are the two strongest by 100 miles in that collection. The Penis Envy are also by far the largest mushrooms you will ever grow (size DOES matter, lol.) I have some Golden Teachers now and I have tripped about 1000x, and I can only take 1/2 a gram or I'm in DMT type territory for hours and hours. Off the charts strong. Be careful.

Thanks for the mushroom feedback, Jon. What does DMT stand for? Does having a high cannabis tolerance help with how high you get from mushrooms?

The info I read about Golden Teachers is that it's a good strain for beginners so it surprises me that you found it so strong. How do you ingest them? I was thinking about trying Golden Teachers this afternoon because Felonious' concert has been postponed due to Omicron so he's babysitting me. :battingeyelashes: I was planning on grinding them and put in a few capsules as I hear the taste can be very unpleasant.

One of the Clementines isn't looking very healthy this morning. She has 5 leaves and 3 of them look awful.
Have you been rinsing off the Safers each time after spraying?
We have 99% isopropyl alcohol. If I use that, how much water should I add?
Well 1:9 with 70% iso give you a 7% solution, so you would use 1:13 with 99% iso.

No I did not do this in my head:

And, I also have pure Neem oil. Do you know how much water to add it to?
If it's a concentrate the dilution rate should be on the bottle. If it's premixed then straight out of the sprayer.
Will do. I usually use diluted bleach when I clean them.
:thumb:
Good point. I think part of the problem is that the plants I want to grow in the same tent at the same time don't seem to get their veg done all at the same time so then I have plants that should have gone to flower at 60 days but the accompanying plants didn't germinate as easily and now they're a month behind the first ones. I'm running into that problem with the Gelatos and Clementines. The plan is to put the Gelatos in the Flower tent when the Jack Herers in there are done.
Have you considered a perpetual grow where you drop seeds on a schedule (like every 15 days or something) and then move them into the flower tent as they reach the height you want? It doesn't always work exactly as planned (what does?) but it might work better than trying to time a lot of plants at the same time.

Also, with a perpetual like that you can just move your tallest plant into flower (regardless of how old it is) when you harvest one and free up a spot. That gives the slower ones more time to grow with less pressure to do it.

Have you been rinsing off the Safers each time after spraying?

Yes but usually the day after. Should I do it before I put them back in the tent?

Well 1:9 with 70% iso give you a 7% solution, so you would use 1:13 with 99% iso.

No I did not do this in my head:
Thank you.

If it's a concentrate the dilution rate should be on the bottle. If it's premixed then straight out of the sprayer.

:thumb:
I bought 1 litre of Neem oil from a soap making company. There are no instructions on the bottle, no writing at all actually and it's undiluted.

Have you considered a perpetual grow where you drop seeds on a schedule (like every 15 days or something) and then move them into the flower tent as they reach the height you want? It doesn't always work exactly as planned (what does?) but it might work better than trying to time a lot of plants at the same time.

Also, with a perpetual like that you can just move your tallest plant into flower (regardless of how old it is) when you harvest one and free up a spot. That gives the slower ones more time to grow with less pressure to do it.

Felonious thinks I should do a perpetual grow, too and I think in some ways, I am doing one since I always seem to have plants in various stages like right now, I have plants from age 0 all the way up to almost done at around 90 to 100 days but it's definitely not organized. I will have to work on a plan to make it an organized perpetual grow.

How many times can you ask the mods to change the name of your journal without them getting super annoyed?

How many times can you ask the mods to change the name of your journal without them getting super annoyed?
One more time, hehe :laugh: :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill

4?

Is this like the Price Is Right?!

Do I get a higher or lower hint?

Oiii and the mods need to be more concerned about a super annoyed Hashgirl!

One more time, hehe :laugh: :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill

4?

Is this like the Price Is Right?!

Do I get a higher or lower hint?

Oiii and the mods need to be more concerned about a super annoyed Hashgirl!

I was thinking about changing this grow journal to a perpetual grow journal since my summer journal is almost done. I might be doing a sponsored grow journal in the new year so it would be easier to run one grow journal for all non-sponsored plants and one for all sponsored plants in another one.

I’m wishing that @HashGirl from the great white north and all her loves a very Merry Christmas!:hug::love:

Thank you, Nev. I was going to post Christmas greetings to everyone (other than Trala) tomorrow.

Hope your Christmas is filled with love and laughter! :hug:

Merry Christmas to you and Felonius, HashGirl!

Back
Top Bottom