HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Clementine, Gelato & Pineapple Express In ProMix

Plants are looking good other than the bug-bites. Might be time to bump the Clems up from 3g given their age. I'm thinking 4g/gallon would be a good target.

For the bugs, spraying once on the 21st isn't really IPM, which is integrated pest management. You should try to integrate pest control into your regular routine, which would be spraying every 3-4 days for two weeks minimum. When you sprayed on the 21st you killed the bugs on the plants (not in the tent), and then 24 hours later more hatched, and more the next day.

For vegging plants I would go with the iso and neem on alternate sprayings.

*** GARDEN UPDATE ***

Good afternoon.

The highlights since last update include:

• I uppotted Clem1 and Clem2 to 5-gallon pots and upped their feed to 4g/gal of MC.​
  • I Safered all the plants on December 31st, January 2nd and 6th.​
  • I uppotted the Blue Dream and the Pineapple Expresses to 1-gallon pots.​
Here are the pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Update Info.jpg

BBa1 - Day 17:

Photo 2 - BBa1.jpeg

Photo 3 - BBa1.jpeg

BBa2 - Day 17:

Photo 4 - BBa2.jpeg

Photo 5 - BBa2.jpeg

Blue Dream - Day 34:

Photo 6 - BD.jpeg

Photo 7 - BD.jpeg

CLEM1 - Day 60:

Photo 8 - CLEM1.jpeg

Photo 9 - CLEM1.jpeg

To be continued...

*** GARDEN UPDATE cont'd...***

CLEM2 - Day 58:

Photo 10 - CLEM2.jpeg

Photo 11 - CLEM2.jpeg

GEL1 - Day 97 (+17):

Photo 12 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 14 - GEL1.jpeg

GEL2 - Day 96 (+17):

Photo 15 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 17 - GEL2.jpeg

PE1 - Day 34:

Photo 18 - PE1.jpeg

Photo 19 - PE1.jpeg

PE2 - Day 34:

Photo 20 - PE2.jpeg

Photo 21 - PE2.jpeg

To be continued...

*** GARDEN UPDATE cont'd...***

PE3 - Day 34:

Photo 22 - PE3.jpeg

Photo 23 - PE3.jpeg

And, that's it. Thanks for following along.

Hi HG, nice work so far! Great training on the Chem 2 especially, but all look pretty good. Would it possibly be time to consider removing a couple of those giant fan leaves on top of the Chem canopy (sweet ass canopy, btw!) to expose some of your developing buds to more light? Also I'm wondering the same thing Felipe Blu is - 60 days in. I felt the same about the 17 day seedlings. Wondering why the growth seems maybe slowish on those seedlings?

I thought I would bring your quote over here. I left the rest of the answer over there, but since this was an add-on to the converstion I thought it was best to keep it in your journal.

The GroTek you are using is highly concentrated, and when you say you are using 1mL/liter you are actually feeding around 440ppm of silicia silica. I feed around 50ppm during veg and drop that down to 30ppm in flower.
When plants are a couple of weeks old I will start at 30ppm, which equates to .07 gm/L. The gram weight is close to the same as the mL weight, for our purposes, so its around .07 mL/L.

When you get into full veg you should increase it to .1 gm, or .1 mL/L. Then when in flower you are back to .07 mL/L.
It's hard to work in small amounts like that, so you should dilute it to make it easier to work with.
Shed's better at nailing that stuff down, and he actually enjoys it. He can probably tell you what to mix it at to make it easier for you to dispense.

Hope that helps.
I just ran across this post from the estimable @MrSauga and wanted to offer a gentle correction.

The molecule in the analysis - Si (OH)4 - is only 28% silicon (Si has an atomic mass of 14 in a molecule with a total mass of 50). So 44% of this molecule in solution actually provides 12.3% Si. And 1ml/L of this solution would provide 123.3 ppm of Si to your plants. I would recommend staying under 0.5ml/L.

I just love your summary table, HashGirl!

Thanks, Felipe. I do love my spreadsheets. :battingeyelashes:

I’m puzzled why the Clems are so small after ~60 days of veg :hmmmm:

They were stressed in the first month from thrips and sprayings to get rid of them and it is cold here so maybe that's why...

Hi HG, nice work so far! Great training on the Chem 2 especially, but all look pretty good. Would it possibly be time to consider removing a couple of those giant fan leaves on top of the Chem canopy (sweet ass canopy, btw!) to expose some of your developing buds to more light? Also I'm wondering the same thing Felipe Blu is - 60 days in. I felt the same about the 17 day seedlings. Wondering why the growth seems maybe slowish on those seedlings?

Hi Jon. They're Clementines not Chem. I was thinking about trying some monstercropping à la @Trala 's method, which in case you didn't know, involves zero actual cropping. :eek:

I just ran across this post from the estimable @MrSauga and wanted to offer a gentle correction.

The molecule in the analysis - Si (OH)4 - is only 28% silicon (Si has an atomic mass of 14 in a molecule with a total mass of 50). So 44% of this molecule in solution actually provides 12.3% Si. And 1ml/L of this solution would provide 123.3 ppm of Si to your plants. I would recommend staying under 0.5ml/L.

Everything in red is Greek to me. :laughtwo: I will adjust my formula to the last part.

:thanks:

They were stressed in the first month from thrips and sprayings to get rid of them and it is cold here so maybe that's why...
Oh okay - I can see that
I’m just getting to the thrips now

:nomo:

IKR! :laughtwo:

Just remember that 1ml in 10L provides 12.3 ppm and decide how much you want to give them.
:passitleft:
Are you a chemist in real life? Or just very well educated down to this level of number on nutes? You talk like a real life chemist is why I ask, and you display that level knowledge. Just curious.

Thanks Jon
I am not a chemist professionally - I earn my money as a geologist.
I have just always enjoyed chemistry.
Thanks man. A geologist eh? You just became cooler to me than you were before, and you were already pretty hip in my book. Fascinating field. Good for you.

I enjoy looking at your pics, but I have to say one of my favorite things is getting the weather report out the window!

Do you mean taking cuttings after you flip?

No. I thought monstercropping involved no actual cropping... I thought it was just moving the branches like you would when you supercrop and clipping the fan leaves down rather than removing them. I have since reviewed my bookmarks on monstercropping and now realize that I remembered the info incorrectly.

So, thank you for helping me remember. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom