Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - Haight Solid State vs. Hydro Grow LED

A live trichome cam on the web would be great SS!

SS, love the camera work, those trich pix are just awsome.

+rep for the grow my man, it's been a hell of an education.

I guess you can also use the thing as a web cam, so they package it with the same software as their dedicated web cams, but it makes learning to use the scope's basic functions more difficult than it needs to be.

In any case, :welcome: ledtester!

Hey Sun a friend mentioned that the strain your using is a notorius late bloomer so the show might just be starting.:bravo::ganjamon:

From a previous note, I've recently read reports that put questions to my use of 'lean' feed rates.
A commercial tomatoe grower said more weight but less flavor with weaker fertigation. Strawberries too; more flavor with higher ec.
I'm going to need more data. :hmmmm:

Is "less flavor" code for less THC? or is it code for "less flavor"? I hear a lot about taste, and not that it's not important, if you already know you can grow potent buds, but for those of us still trying (so far mine has been the same quality as lackluster commercial brick bud schwag...but I'm growin' better now so we'll see), I'm far more concerned with potency than taste. So I guess my question still stands with, "When people speak of differing nutes affecting taste in things like tomatoes or strawberries, does that mean that in MJ it is a different potency, or just taste as well?"

hmm...I bet I'll look at that paragraph in a few hours and wonder why I couldn't have said the same thing in like 6 words.

Are you back to the urine thing again? Thought you were in tents?

Nope, let's leave the urine be, lol.

I'm sorry, I didn't phrase that right.

I'm growing indoors, but it's rained quite a bit during the grow and all the moisture from the rain raises my RH in my grow room. I'm not using any humidity control outside of the circulation fans inside the tents.

Nope, let's leave the urine be, lol.

I'm sorry, I didn't phrase that right.

I'm growing indoors, but it's rained quite a bit during the grow and all the moisture from the rain raises my RH in my grow room. I'm not using any humidity control outside of the circulation fans inside the tents.

I was just kidding but it's amazing how things outside the grow room like barometric pressure can effect things!

That's probably not a code. A lot of people actually care about the taste of the weed, myself included.

me too man, I love great tasting, great smoking weed. Not as much as I love potent weed though. Now if it's potent and tastes great you've got it all...I wish I had it all. sigh...As of yet all I've grown has been really great tasting and great smoking. but seedy hermie schwag with a lackluster buzz...so hopefully things'll improve for me this time around, and I'll find some potency!

Hey Sun a friend mentioned that the strain your using is a notorius late bloomer so the show might just be starting.:bravo::ganjamon:

I researched the strain a bit before the grow and didn't come across that info, but some Barney's Farm stats on the strain have bloom time at 7-8 weeks and others at 8-9 weeks, so there's still some time to go.

These relatively low-wattage LED lights may also take longer than HID's to finish plants, so there is that also.

I don't regret the decision to chop them by trich color as opposed to a fixed calendar date.

Could you ask your friend how he came about the late bloomer info?

thanks bro ;)

SS Thanx, man. Hey Slimm, I got some paint drying, if you're bored bro, I'll hook you up. Hows it growing? Now if you can hookup a smellcam, I'm in!
:thumb:

Oh man, I wish I could share the aroma with everyone. The carbon filters just aren't keeping up. Nothing you can smell from outside the house, but walking into the garage it's pretty obvious something's up.

Opening the tents releases a strong earthy funk, and moving the plants around takes it to another level altogether.

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about smell issues much, because this strain stinks a lot more than what I'm used to.

Also fortunately, as a good friend told me in PM, "I like it stinky" lol.

I finally dug up some info on the Malana genes in VK. Malana is an Indian landrace strain, sativa dominant, and used to make high-quality charas or hash.

I previously thought that the Malana genes were indica also, like the Kush side, but now I can account for the 38" lady in the HSS group.

Is "less flavor" code for less THC? or is it code for "less flavor"? I hear a lot about taste, and not that it's not important, if you already know you can grow potent buds, but for those of us still trying (so far mine has been the same quality as lackluster commercial brick bud schwag...but I'm growin' better now so we'll see), I'm far more concerned with potency than taste. So I guess my question still stands with, "When people speak of differing nutes affecting taste in things like tomatoes or strawberries, does that mean that in MJ it is a different potency, or just taste as well?"

good question, I assumed flavor in tomatoes equated to flavor in MJ, but that may be an incorrect assumption

Hey SS...

What's next bro? After this test?

Eye-balling any new genetics??

Just curious.

-Go

I researched the strain a bit before the grow and didn't come across that info, but some Barney's Farm stats on the strain have bloom time at 7-8 weeks and others at 8-9 weeks, so there's still some time to go.

These relatively low-wattage LED lights may also take longer than HID's to finish plants, so there is that also.

I don't regret the decision to chop them by trich color as opposed to a fixed calendar date.

Could you ask your friend how he came about the late bloomer info?

thanks bro ;)

Oh man, I wish I could share the aroma with everyone. The carbon filters just aren't keeping up. Nothing you can smell from outside the house, but walking into the garage it's pretty obvious something's up.

Opening the tents releases a strong earthy funk, and moving the plants around takes it to another level altogether.

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about smell issues much, because this strain stinks a lot more than what I'm used to.

Also fortunately, as a good friend told me in PM, "I like it stinky" lol.

I finally dug up some info on the Malana genes in VK. Malana is an Indian landrace strain, sativa dominant, and used to make high-quality charas or hash.

I previously thought that the Malana genes were indica also, like the Kush side, but now I can account for the 38" lady in the HSS group.

good question, I assumed flavor in tomatoes equated to flavor in MJ, but that may be an incorrect assumption
I also am more concerned with potency. And the only way i've found to get the best is to regenerate the plant that you believe to be the best of your harvest. Not to say that a better strain will not appear later. But by that time, you've tested all the plants, and you know which plant is most potent. Regenerate that plant and then clone it. If you order 10 seeds from the most trusted seed seller, there's still gonna be differences of potency and one will be better than the rest. That's only how I do it !! :thumb::yahoo:

I also am more concerned with potency. And the only way i've found to get the best is to regenerate the plant that you believe to be the best of your harvest. Not to say that a better strain will not appear later. But by that time, you've tested all the plants, and you know which plant is most potent. Regenerate that plant and then clone it. If you order 10 seeds from the most trusted seed seller, there's still gonna be differences of potency and one will be better than the rest. That's only how I do it !! :thumb::yahoo:

I'm not sure why i find it so suprising that genetics plays that big of a role. it seems obvious...but then I look at that little seed...and from that point I look at all this TLC, $$$, hard work...all the relentless effort. Then you get this BIG, beautiful plant! With great big buds that smell great, feel firm...you dry 'em, cure 'em, roll 'em up, smoke 'em, they taste like heaven. Some of the best tasting pot you've ever smoked. And you're proud because YOU grew it! But then, over the next 15 or 20 minutes, you still hold out thinking maybe it's creaper...then 30 or 45 minutes and you are slack jawed...totally dumbfounded. WTF??? That's not a feeling I'd wish on anyone and I'd like to think I'm the only unfortunate soul to have gone through that...

Back
Top Bottom