Hacker's Back, New Place Same Old Story

... A small lesson for today, at least from me to whoever takes to it... The difference between being CHEAP, and being FRUGAL.. Beside the actual definitions, I would like to think that one keeps more money in ones wallet by trying to multi use items. Here is a brief but prime example of such tactics..
.. First of all I am ummmm big boned, so I do Occasionally indulge in a little cake. :eye-roll:. I find it easy to spend money on one at the store when A.) it is on sale... And B.) it has another use..
... So here are some new additions to the ever growing family, in combo with my new DUN DUN DUUUUUNN... Humidity dome... Yes that's right fat guys come up with good ideas to have cake around... LMAO>..
.. New members, Pineapple express auto's.. They made the journey unscathed it would seem...

20190526_110755_HDR.jpg

20190526_111039_HDR.jpg

20190526_111043_HDR.jpg

... And lastly, what I would think would work for the average growers, The Dome...
20190526_111256_HDR.jpg

20190526_111413_HDR.jpg

20190526_111451_HDR.jpg

20190526_111501_HDR.jpg

20190526_111559_HDR.jpg

.. Now I am anal, so I washed the container several times with soap and warm water. Afterwards I spritzed lightly with a bleach water and then wiped and air dried.. Store in a clean dry place till needed. My technique will allow for around 8 to 10 clones depending on the cut... Green days to all...

....Real quick update for this evening, the AH auto is doing ok. Took it out in the green house today, at first all seemed well, but then around like noon it started to lean over.. Not too much water, not too dry either.. So I gave it a nice cool spot back inside, and have decided from now on and for the duration of the summer I am going to give seedlings 21 days inside under adequate lights. After that I will move them SLOWLY out into the green house area... Green house is getting up to around upper 70's in the day now even though it is cool outdoors.. Good sign for the winter, bad sign for the summer. Gonna need more fans... Have a six inch and a four inch exhaust fan, as well as a six inch oscillating fan going most of the day. But, not even getting warm outside yet, and already getting into the lower end of where I wanna keep my grow area in the Green house.. Idk..
... The two Pineapple Express autos are going into the peat and perlite mix tonite as well. Figured by the end of August I should have a good bit of head weed till a massive harvest this fall.
... Today I also started four ATF regulars, two in just peat and a little perlite, two in a 4/1 mix of the same peat and a little compost.. I am thinking that compost is Hot as hell, and am having troubles with seedlings in it.. I have toned it down with a little more Peat. Cut it to about 4/1.5 compost to peat. That should do the trick, however It is hard when you come to a brand new place and use someone else's compost pile.. PH is right at 6.4 so that is kicking, nutes must be way too strong. I have been baking it off to make sure it is contaminant free so I doubt there are any issues there.
... So we shall see I guess, and I hope you guys are chilling and smoking, I know I am... Almost outta Stella, too buzzed to drive. Where's a woman when you need one ??? LMAO ... JK... Really... Green days to all....

... Good green morning world.. Before I get started on my wild day of cloning, transplanting, and such I would like to take this moment to take a step back and discuss a few things.. One, as a lot of people will experience over their lives of growing, there are ups and downs as well as learning moments. And two the ability, though to some folks it is learned, to step back and take a deep breath and science the shit out of problems. Learn from your mistakes, and it becomes a benefit for years to come.
...I would like to talk about the learning moments for now and say that over the years that I have been growing I have experienced times when I was unsuccessful at doing something along the way. Whether it is seeding, cloning, or just good old fashion growing. As with most I felt a very strong feeling of disappointment as well as a bit pissed. This is natural, but what is not natural is to take a step back and look at what you did throughout the processes to determine what you did wrong as well as the mistakes that you have made. It is human nature to feel red cheeked and such when talking about shortcomings. I have been growing for over 25 years, and at some point in my grows whether perpetual or seasonal have run into issues that have caused setbacks.. At this point I could have quit and said F IT, but I didn't .
... Part of growing for me is scientific as well as joy, so I keep a journal. Daily for me, but some folks keep one for their memories or studies differently. Journals are essential, In My Humble Opinion, but especially to those who are new to growing cannabis.. It allows not only a regimented process with added consistencies, it gives you a daily record of what soil you used, what nutes, what light, when you watered, and etc etc. It has been invaluable to me and I am sure that most folks would find it appealing..
... All that to get to this point. This am I was going through some numbers, and I realized that so far my success rate for germination is at an all time low for me at less than 50%. Now for veggies I would take that but for cannabis it is unacceptable. In the past, being dryer warmer climates I excelled in germination. Now in the Northern cooler climate it is more humid, and the temps and such are so random that it is very difficult to germinate. No excuses, no lies.. Through the journal I keep I can easily realize that my mistakes are not slowing down enough to science the shit out of the problem. I may seem like I am trying to teach, but I am not I am only trying to encourage anyone who is having problems to ask questions, and KEEP TRYING... Cannabis is a living organism, and such likes to live life the way it likes to live life. However it is a weed and is really durable once you get your niche and it will explode. So the answer to my problem quite simply is to create a specific area in my grow for germination. Now I have not EVER had to do that and have had great success, HOWEVER what I am doing is not working so time to change with nature as it will never change to me.
... Most of the experienced growers on this site and around the world will tell you in a moment of honesty that they did not get to where they are by luck. For the most part it is a skill that is honed over YEARS of failures and successes. So Keep On Growing and Learning, after all the years I still learn something everyday.. Green days all and keep up the good work, and spreading the good words of encouragement to all who you meet...

... Good green morning world.. Before I get started on my wild day of cloning, transplanting, and such I would like to take this moment to take a step back and discuss a few things.. One, as a lot of people will experience over their lives of growing, there are ups and downs as well as learning moments. And two the ability, though to some folks it is learned, to step back and take a deep breath and science the shit out of problems. Learn from your mistakes, and it becomes a benefit for years to come.
...I would like to talk about the learning moments for now and say that over the years that I have been growing I have experienced times when I was unsuccessful at doing something along the way. Whether it is seeding, cloning, or just good old fashion growing. As with most I felt a very strong feeling of disappointment as well as a bit pissed. This is natural, but what is not natural is to take a step back and look at what you did throughout the processes to determine what you did wrong as well as the mistakes that you have made. It is human nature to feel red cheeked and such when talking about shortcomings. I have been growing for over 25 years, and at some point in my grows whether perpetual or seasonal have run into issues that have caused setbacks.. At this point I could have quit and said F IT, but I didn't .
... Part of growing for me is scientific as well as joy, so I keep a journal. Daily for me, but some folks keep one for their memories or studies differently. Journals are essential, In My Humble Opinion, but especially to those who are new to growing cannabis.. It allows not only a regimented process with added consistencies, it gives you a daily record of what soil you used, what nutes, what light, when you watered, and etc etc. It has been invaluable to me and I am sure that most folks would find it appealing..
... All that to get to this point. This am I was going through some numbers, and I realized that so far my success rate for germination is at an all time low for me at less than 50%. Now for veggies I would take that but for cannabis it is unacceptable. In the past, being dryer warmer climates I excelled in germination. Now in the Northern cooler climate it is more humid, and the temps and such are so random that it is very difficult to germinate. No excuses, no lies.. Through the journal I keep I can easily realize that my mistakes are not slowing down enough to science the shit out of the problem. I may seem like I am trying to teach, but I am not I am only trying to encourage anyone who is having problems to ask questions, and KEEP TRYING... Cannabis is a living organism, and such likes to live life the way it likes to live life. However it is a weed and is really durable once you get your niche and it will explode. So the answer to my problem quite simply is to create a specific area in my grow for germination. Now I have not EVER had to do that and have had great success, HOWEVER what I am doing is not working so time to change with nature as it will never change to me.
... Most of the experienced growers on this site and around the world will tell you in a moment of honesty that they did not get to where they are by luck. For the most part it is a skill that is honed over YEARS of failures and successes. So Keep On Growing and Learning, after all the years I still learn something everyday.. Green days all and keep up the good work, and spreading the good words of encouragement to all who you meet...
Dude Where you been?

I joined just to say hi and please update. I have enjoyed reading your thread.

I hope this finds you well ......greendays dude.

Hey brother Hack, hope all is well in your new spot! :ganjamon:
So Keep On Growing and Learning, after all the years I still learn something everyday..
Fully agreed! With every harvest my crop improves :morenutes:

Ok guys and gals, sorry been away for a minute. Had some family issues to clean up, only to come back to a chimney fire at the new grow.. Not a total loss, but green house is wrecked due to firemen.. Kudos to them, bad for me... Total loss except those few I actually got outdoors.. The home owner and I are finalizing some temp plans, but might have to move.. I can still camp, but no electric and no water.. Therefore no grow... Firemen were impressed with the few I had outdoors, go figure.. I am just stopping in to say hey, and to let you all know I am still alive, and kicking just devastated... Lost all my seeds, and the like in the aftermath of the water bath... So back to ground zero, and changing addresses back to my house for now.. Kinda Fucked really, alot of money went up with that fire... Did I mention the homeowner is a chimney sweep professionally.. Hmmmm.. Green days all and hope all is well for everyone..... Will be back in a few days after my probably relocation back to homefront.... Man my stuff stinks, But Saved my Cowboys hat.... THATS RIGHT BITCHES..... How bout them Cowboys.... Head up, step forward... So on AND so on....

I’m so sorry to hear Hack! That’s really unfortunate. Best of luck for the relocation, Keep your head up and stay positive, better days are coming! :high-five::passitleft:

SO, it is gonna be a relocation thing.. The house has been deemed " Unlivable " right now. Not a total loss, however the home owner has decided not to rebuild.. Too bad, but I understand. Fortunately I kept my house, and my BIL has a lot of my gear growing, BARELY.. LOL.. Guess I will go save his butt for the summer, such a bummer... Gotta rebuild my stock, on limited funds of course, and start over.. I will be leaving this morning and heading back south, should be there by 12 pm eastern time. Not much to unpack, but an insurance check should be coming at some time... Side note, they DO NOT cover cannabis seeds even though it is recreational here.. Figures, several thousand dollars worth of high end gear gone... Not to mention all my pollen, and tools and the like...
... Anyway I will continue this thread and move forward with some pics of the new/old grow area and the gear there.. I will rise up as the phoenix does, and get to producing... Might have to get a real job for a while.... :rolleyes: Green day to all, and I will be back around....

....Ok, so I went by my BIL's fucked up grow today.. What a mess, he didn't really even pay attention at all last year.. I guess I made it too easy for him, I just grew all the shit and gave him most of it.. I think we harvested out last year at his place in the neighborhood of 7 pounds ish.. Of course he squandered it and is now out of meds.. What a jackass... But my sister loves him so....
.... Today I up sized his plants to 1.5 gallon which is his preferred size for his indoor grow, IF he ever gets there.. Man he had these plants swimming in nitrogen, smell like piss in his whole grow area... The root balls were terrible for the size of the plant. He has gotten the cloning thing down though I will give him that.. Kinda good since he KILLS EVERYTHING after the clone stage with his new found nute mixture... I mean WOW ...
....He has several Super Lemon Hazes, OG Dead heads, Truthbands, and Fizzles that I was able to salvage.. He also has quite a few clones.. I am really tired and burned out in this cannabis thing, just taking hit after hit... I will get some pics later to show where he is so far, however he is way behind schedule. I told him he would be best off to save some of the clones as starting gear for winter grow and put EVERYTHING else outside... Business time, gotta stock up... He has a junk ass 10x12 shed that we are gonna upgrade, and he is gonna take them out during the day and in at night.. Laws here are still a little funky, so once end of August or early September comes they will stay in shed all the time through late October's harvest.. The plants will be smaller in stature, much like my buddy Pdub's. Last year if you all remember most of my plants were 6' tall and at least 4.5' around... SO small compared to them for sure.. We are also gonna keep all the plants in the 1.5 gallon vessels for the entirety of the grow to limit size. Limit's bud production too, but gotta do what ya gotta do to fit em all in at night... LOL...
... So that is it for now, maybe I will post some pics later on tonite.. For sure tomorrow... Back on track... I guess.. Green Days all

Gonna dump some pics this am... Seems only appropriate that I be up this early, dreaming of cannabis.. LOL..

...Here are a few pics of some newly transplanted clones... A few Truth Band, and a few OG Dead Head..
20190621_185101_HDR[1].jpg

... Here a few pics of his clones and method... A couple have roots, most are fresh cuts we just took.. He is getting results in around 7 to 10 days.. That I have to admit is pretty good... As I mentioned before however, he hasn't been able to carry the plants past this stage with much success.. The environment is kinda moist that is for sure, however the mixes of nutes he carries for his shit is absolutely off.. Skewed towards Nitrogen, I guess a friend of his told him he needs all the Nitrogen he can get for veg state.. It is hard to get him to wrap his head around stuff quite often, he is very hard headed and DUMB, but this is my challenge...
... The second picture is a Fizzle... Pretty healthy, and by far his healthiest plant for sure....
20190621_185111_HDR[1].jpg

20190621_185104_HDR[1].jpg

20190621_185117_HDR[1].jpg

... Next we will move to all the plants I re potted and he moved outdoors... At this point, there is no need to harden them off, Sink or Swim time for them.. As I mentioned he is way behind schedule so with a couple of exceptions everything is in 1.5 gallon vessels, and will stay in them to max out growth quickly. I told him that even if he only gets a few zips per plant, it should set him up for the next year.. Hopefully he won't squander it.. He is such a blow hole and a boastful, prideful, hateful person.. Sometimes I find it hard to deal, but as I said my sister loves him. She also makes excuses and points blame at others in times he needs to be held accountable.. Makes him very hard to teach, and I so wish I would have never taken it on... Ehhhhh, what ya gonna do right??? Ok Ok , pics...
20190621_184641_HDR[1].jpg
20190621_184637_HDR[1].jpg

... Those two I started immediate training on, they had some decent root systems... Now mind you these were in solo cups, and swimming in Nitrogen for SURE..

20190621_184606_HDR[1].jpg
20190621_184559_HDR[1].jpg

...These last couple of are the " Mother " plants. Truth Band in the five gallon bucket, and almost dead.. Super Lemon Hazes in 30 gallon bucket, gonna be fine.. I have a plan for the Lemon Hazes so don't judge, you will see soon enough...
20190621_184617_HDR[1].jpg

20190621_184551_HDR[1].jpg

... I am gonna have to do some grafting, might be a good opportunity to show the BIL how it's done and what the end results are...

... Ok that is it for the am portion of the show, Green days... Hacker Out.....

So today is gonna be a long day.. Gonna go to the BIL's place, and turn all the compost piles we got started about a year and a half ago... We started them with about 40 cases of bananas each, along with egg shells, coffee, and all the veggie scraps and such.. He was supposed to turn them in the early spring, which is around second week of May here... Seems he is allergic to a shovel these days... What a common allergy when you get older.. Hmmmm.. LOL..
... Next we are going to go over ( briefly ) the journals from last years grow, mostly just to remind him of some of the basics, but kinda just to stare at overall output.. Going to a local greenhouse to get a couple of Rosemary plants, those will make excellent companion growers for the girls, but also incredible bug deterrents as well.. With some of the older Rosemary we harvested last year we are going to make neem oil/water to use as a topical leaf spray... I have found it quite successful at keeping mites, and nematodes at bay...
... Of course I cannot go to my sister's house without having some job to do... Friday was putting in a brand new water heater.. Easy peasy, just used Shark Bite connections took about 30 minutes with clean up.. Today, I am going to take all the trim off her windows and do a wellness check so to speak.. They are probably not insulated so I will take a bunch of the scrap insulation from the old grow room and stuff them B's full... One story house so it shouldn't be too hard if the BIL stays outta the way... Wants to be involved in the " micro management " position every time I do something over there.. I simply explained to him, in a nice manner of course :rolleyes: that if he would like I could watch him do it.. Got the point across I guess as he stormed off cussing and the like... Oh well..
... I am somewhat at a crossroads.. I am still kinda depressed about losing all my gear, and plants.. But I find myself eager to get started again... Kinda like Speedballing.... LOL.. I am hoping to get some gear soon, and get it going... Mostly just to harvest this year.. Gonna have to be auto's for now which is a dirty word to me... But ya gotta do what ya gotta do Yeah?? Good times and the bad... Hope there is something good for me in my near future, I have been taking a beating being nice to everyone and helping everyone and the like.. Need something to go my way, weather is not cooperating as it is raining almost every other day up here... Damn.. Enough is enough... Eh hmmmmm .... Anywho Green Days to all, and try to stay dry and not work Too hard... LOL... Hacker out...

Good morning to all you sleeping stoners and the like... This am is a quick dump of compost piles, gotta go early to finish the last one... F ing bugs are terrible and simply won't go away.. Way to moist in the area for them to die off.. Gahh...
... Here is a few pics of the piles, they are looking good but the second pile has had serious roots move into it so it is hard digging...
20190623_105400_HDR[1].jpg
20190623_105405_HDR[1].jpg

...This is the best pile he has, this is a shame to let it grow in like this...
20190623_105508_HDR[1].jpg
20190623_105512_HDR[1].jpg

... More later, Green day to all... Hacker out....

... Wow it has been a long while since I had mixed drinks... 6 count that 6 margaritas last night, courtesy of my homeboys Girlfriend.. She is from Honduras, and man she makes some good drinks.. Food as well, Last night we had some kind of Spicy soup with healthy amount of veggies... Really good spicy aspect that I love, Not Hot, nice spice.. Anyway No more margaritas for me, Tequila don't make friends with too many people.. LOL.. Any way just thought I would jump on real quick while everyone is asleep to post a few pics of a few of the plants we will be harvesting..
...My friend is a REAL paranoid person so he only allowed me a couple of poses for pics but I " P-DUBBED " the shit out of them.. Hope they impress ya a little Pdub, and all...
... Northern Lights # 5 Ladies and Gentlemen...
SAM_00154.jpg

IMG_381412.jpg

... He is just a personal med grower, and loves NL5's, guess I will have to like them for a while as well I get some as part of my pay.. Green day all

... Wow it has been a long while since I had mixed drinks... 6 count that 6 margaritas last night, courtesy of my homeboys Girlfriend.. She is from Honduras, and man she makes some good drinks.. Food as well, Last night we had some kind of Spicy soup with healthy amount of veggies... Really good spicy aspect that I love, Not Hot, nice spice.. Anyway No more margaritas for me, Tequila don't make friends with too many people.. LOL.. Any way just thought I would jump on real quick while everyone is asleep to post a few pics of a few of the plants we will be harvesting..
...My friend is a REAL paranoid person so he only allowed me a couple of poses for pics but I " P-DUBBED " the shit out of them.. Hope they impress ya a little Pdub, and all...
... Northern Lights # 5 Ladies and Gentlemen...
SAM_00154.jpg

IMG_381412.jpg

... He is just a personal med grower, and loves NL5's, guess I will have to like them for a while as well I get some as part of my pay.. Green day all
Love it! :thumb:

Can't wait to see what you do with this next group brotha!

Good green morning to all... First off I was drinking some coffee earlier this am, and I ran across this story... Kind of an amazing tidbit to those who have nosy neighbors, sketchy friends, and so on and so on.. Feel free to copy and paste the word around.. Most likely EVERYONE in Cali has heard..

... Any who we finally finished all 16 plants around 11 pm Eastern time and I was sure glad.. Those Nugs are so f ing dense, sticky and rather sizable for NL5's... Total wet and well trimmed weight, done in many different sessions, is around 2500 grams or 89.25 zips, or 5.5 lbs.. With the low and slow method he is in hopes that he hits his cure average of 55%.. Lofty goals, but he should end up with around 2.5 lbs.. What I think, but what do I know..?? LOL.. Gonna get a few pics later before I go home I hope... I am not gonna show him that link to the bust till after I get pics, as I mentioned he is kinda paranoid.. LMAO..
... On a side note before I go I am going to go to a Red Sox game.. They are playing the White Sox at home, and I got some 10th row box seats on the 3rd base side for 20 bucks.. Usually more than double that, but my homeboy is treating me and he has several friends with season tickets.. He informed me that " treating " means 1 seat 1 meat and two big beers.. LOL.. He knows me so well, better set boundaries... HMMMM... Eh hmmmm. Anyway Greenest of days from Bean Town.
Hacker STONED AS HELL, and out...

.. So the game is Super hot an humid so we left.. Gonna grab a beer and then the earlier train.. Gotta get home, I HAVE MAIL.... LOL... Green and less hot and humid days than Bean Town hopefully.. LMAO... :Rasta:

..Wanna do this when I meet up with some of you peeps...
Killer party...
Secondly, Mars Summer Giveaway stuff, thing, whatever..
Mars Month long giveaway thread

...Awwwe yeah, just got on the train heading North and eating a brownie... Was supposed to eat my Honduran Beer Rocks, but If I eat that now I might get the " winds ".. LOL... Being in coach and all might stir up some wrinkled noses...
....So no PBR I guess Amber Bock it is... Tx folks know what that is.... Got high as hell before I got on the train, however I have about 2.5 more hours till I get home... Might as well have some fun..
... My homie took a couple of pics of the harvest that he will email to me.. Then I gotta P-Dub the shit outta them, so I may end up posting really late or early in the morning.. IDK.. He got me a few more trim " gigs " for late August and Early September down there with a few of his peeps.. I think I will just go ahead and stick with the trim service ( ladies you know what's up ) there seems to be less stress and more money/trade involved.. This trip with transportation paid, ball game, and cash should add up pretty nicely... Lord knows I need the money right now.. I quoted his buddies a rate of 25.00 dollars per hour ( cash of course ) , and they didn't even bat an eye... Grrrrr. Knew I should have up sold myself.. Eh, they pay for everything and I do mean EVERYTHING so....
... It is amazing how still everything is when you are passing it at over 100 mph.. Very calming, and beautiful.. Love trains, don't know why it took me so long to ride one again... IDK.. Any who gotta get another beer, and hit the ummmm facilities... Green days from somewhere just inside of NH...

Back
Top Bottom