H-LOC A Hydro Living Organic Coco Expirence

BF looking great in your garden, I hope you get them pesky gnats sorted out bro, must be doing your head in having them flying around being pain in the arses! That chernobyl is really taking off, I can't believe how much shes grown, excited to see the outcome of her. Hope her clone roots for you pal.
Loving the variety of all the different grow methods you've got going on PW, you the man! Keep up the great work as usual! . .

Hello Farmer, where are those gnats coming from? They lay eggs in wet topsoil, so try adding some sand layer into your pots. Also how about filter (piece of cloth) for your intake. DE is another way to get rid off some of the larvae. Get more traps for the adults, . and good luck. Do you supplement silica to your plants? I think now it's the right time for that. Hang on, still looking good man! :thumb:

Awesome stuff over here! I love the range you cover! Keep sharing your "what's" and "hows". Thanks again... peace!

Hey spitz!! Thank you! It's been a lot of fun experimenting with everything! Glad your enjoying!

What day bloom are the 3 loc plants at?:surf:

First day of flower was 4/12.

BF looking great in your garden, I hope you get them pesky gnats sorted out bro, must be doing your head in having them flying around being pain in the arses! That chernobyl is really taking off, I can't believe how much shes grown, excited to see the outcome of her. Hope her clone roots for you pal.
Loving the variety of all the different grow methods you've got going on PW, you the man! Keep up the great work as usual! . .

Hey thanks tk! I'll get them taken care of no problem! Thank you I can't believe the growth either even on the Dewey gsc. Very happy with aero so far

Hope all is well! :passitleft:

Hello Farmer, where are those gnats coming from? They lay eggs in wet topsoil, so try adding some sand layer into your pots. Also how about filter (piece of cloth) for your intake. DE is another way to get rid off some of the larvae. Get more traps for the adults, . and good luck. Do you supplement silica to your plants? I think now it's the right time for that. Hang on, still looking good man! :thumb:

Hey T thanks!

They came from the coco. I bought a bag of soil the same time I bought a bag of coco and both the soil and coco had a bunch of gnats. I think it was stored wrong and a lot of rain. So they keep coming back from the original group that came from the coco. I'll have to get some sand or growstones or something for sure. I covered the too with de as a temp barrier. I'll definitely get more traps asap thanks you. I keep wondering about silica. I'm using de as a form of silica but that's all. Do you have an organic source of silica for me?

My intake has a pollen tech screen over it. So far I'm loving it!
IMAG28192.jpg

I think it's time to vacuum it clean though

Hey pw! Man I'm not sure. They are Still not ripening up but we will see what happens by Friday. Hopefully they bust. The plant I beat with a qtip doesn't look to be affected so I'll keep trying as long as pollen keeps falling.

1493604845491-1601733843.jpg

Azamax came in! Can't wait to make it up and spray. Have to clean my sprayer and looks like I should wear ppe with this one.
IMAG28413.jpg

My Chernobyl is about 2 feet from the top of the lid now! Wow it's getting tall! I cannot believe how big it's getting and how fast it's doing it!

I topped up both aero plants with lucus formula maxi bloom and z7.

I would definitely like to add more silica to the loc plants. I'll have to look into a natural form. Maybe rice hulls???

Here is my window vent mark 2

This is what you need, I got everything at my local hardware shop.

IMAG28204.jpg
IMAG28211.jpg
IMAG28222.jpg
IMAG28232.jpg

I'm not sure what the duct is called but it's for a register and the plastic screen is some louver for lighting. Maybe for a skylight.

IMAG28252.jpg
IMAG28261.jpg

Tapped inside of duct black and painted wood that shows out black.

IMAG28271.jpg
IMAG28283.jpg
IMAG28292.jpg
IMAG28292.jpg
IMAG28302.jpg

Cut a hole to fit and screwed her in.

IMAG28313.jpg

Rubber seal to keep out the drafts.

IMAG28322.jpg

Cut the plastic screen or louver I'm not sut what it's called.

IMAG28333.jpg
IMAG28342.jpg
IMAG28352.jpg

Tape all duct fittings black here it is in the window with 2x2 stacked up to hold it in place

IMAG28362.jpg
IMAG2843_1.jpg

Here we are all connected!

IMAG2837_1.jpg

And what you see from the outside! The best part is I can take it out when it cools off without any drilling. Just slips out.

Thanks pw! Not used to sativas. My other plants are just budding now but Chernobyl is growing and budding up! I'll either top the rez or drain and change every day.

Yeah it's the best I could come up. Still need access to the Window thank you. To think the answer was always in front of me

I turned off the led on the hermie and put in a small house hold led. Maybe that's the hold up. I'll turn the blurple back on hopefully they ripen up!

Nice piece of work there man! So one of organic sources of silica I know is finely grounded Perlite, it's like 75% of silicon dioxide which is the most available source of silica for plants, but there is like 10% of aluminium oxide and sodium oxide, that is around 15% of elements that you do not want. The other I know is DE (diatomaceous earth) which can even be used as hydroponic medium :O There is also more silica up to 90% and the aluminium and sodium are low. So DE wins this one for me. Look for a food grade product that does not contain any pesticides or chemical additives. And you can use it as an silica source for yourself even! Also check (make) yourself some vinegar gnat traps. You will get them! :thumb: :cheer:

Nice piece of work there man! So one of organic sources of silica I know is finely grounded Perlite, it's like 75% of silicon dioxide which is the most available source of silica for plants, but there is like 10% of aluminium oxide and sodium oxide, that is around 15% of elements that you do not want. The other I know is DE (diatomaceous earth) which can even be used as hydroponic medium :O There is also more silica up to 90% and the aluminium and sodium are low. So DE wins this one for me. Look for a food grade product that does not contain any pesticides or chemical additives. And you can use it as an silica source for yourself even! Also check (make) yourself some vinegar gnat traps. You will get them! :thumb: :cheer:

Hey man T thanks so much! I was using de top dressed but I think I'll water it in as well! For my amended coco I out a big heap in there. I've been wanting to drink it! Just a little nervous but it's supposed to be great for you and helps to kill parasites and worms!

If you see in the picture I have a trap hanging that you can fill with liquid. I wasn't sure what to put so I put pineapple pieces. Vinager sounds like it would work better though. I my pineapple didn't work. Is there a specific type of viniger to use??

Is there a specific type of viniger to use??

Thank you Farmer, you're welcome! For the vinegar I guess the cheap one is gonna be the best. I would try apple and wine vinegar, but first try the common one. :high-five:

Hey that is awesome! How cool to find seeds in your buds that you know are stable! I hope it was just stalling due to low light. I can't wait to start pollenating!

Be nice to have an unlimited supply of the GSC xtrm for future grows. Im getting more excited by the day thinking about the seed making this cycle.

IMAG27942.jpg
IMAG27952.jpg

Only two sacks have opened and the rest seem to have stalled or whatever. I gave the plant one last spray of sts and a rez change. I took the little pollen that was left and put it on a qtip. I tapped and beat that qtip over that one of the loc gsc. Hope it takes.

IMAG27983.jpg
IMAG27993.jpg
IMAG28003.jpg
IMAG28051.jpg
IMAG28043.jpg
IMAG28094.jpg

Chernobyl
IMAG2806.jpg
IMAG28073.jpg

And Dewey gsc got a drain and change. Having the Dewey installed from the bottom allows me to unplug the airline and just let it drain. They're is Still some in the bottom but I'll be doing this every other day if not daily. They got cal mag and a little over lucus formula maxi bloom.

Here is Chernobyl on 4/27
FullSizeRender-20170427-192857624.jpg

Today Chernobyl is about 2 more inches at 1 foot 9inches.

IMAG28012.jpg
IMAG28024.jpg
IMAG28032.jpg

Here is the one I pollenated. It has a strange color bud. I noticed all the buds seem grey in the middle. Not sure why. Here is a bud on the other gsc
IMAG28082.jpg

These gnats are horrible. I sprayed almost all my sns I added yellow cards bti bits and more DE. Nothing is helping. Orders azamax will be here tomorrow.
Azamax works great on eliminating mites, but it may be an overkill for gnats ?? are they coming in the coco ?? or from where are they coming ? You gots so many projects going on, that I've got confused.:surf:

Be nice to have an unlimited supply of the GSC xtrm for future grows. Im getting more excited by the day thinking about the seed making this cycle.

I can't imagine how many seeds I'll get but if it works and I have a bunch I'll start dropping them in random places around my house. More of a social experiment then anything else. Would be cool if they made it. I will definitely save a good amount to the side but I'm looking forward to growing some different strains.

I want something a little heavier and a sativa. We will see what happens. May just reveg the Chernobyl and go for that but I also may be getting some seeds.

Azamax works great on eliminating mites, but it may be an overkill for gnats ?? are they coming in the coco ?? or from where are they coming ? You gots so many projects going on, that I've got confused.:surf:

Hey man desperate times and desperate measures. I'm scared for my life! They go away for a bit then come back with a vengeance! I'm worried I'll wake up covered in gnats! Lol.

Honestly the issue is they came in with my coco and soil that I had bought at the same time. They started off here and there and it's been a battle this whole grow. Everything I've tried works temporally but they come back harder then before. It's like a war no joke. I've used de I've used Sierra natural science bti so many things. They keep coming back.

The issue is I have house plants as well as a closet grow so a couple will make their way to safety and regroup. Then I kill them and they move somewhere else. Literally jump around from the tent to the closet to the living room. Wife is not so happy with them.

I think the organics is helping them some how because when I added an one of the last amendments that's when they came back with a vengeance.

I'll spray azamax every 7 days until a bit further in flower. I'm going to have to bud wash these I think. Didn't want to buy more things and take up more space but I don't like spraying my buds with anything period so I'll wash them up.

Back
Top Bottom