H-LOC A Hydro Living Organic Coco Expirence

I was thinking of either using a led panel with the cmh or moving the cmh to a different spot each day in the tent. I think I'll be able too pick one up soon. I have to put one panel on the closet so I'm pressed for time.
That 315 won't have to be moved. Rotate the plants 1/2 turn, every 3-4 days, and you'll get enough coverage.

Thanks sp! I wonder if I'd be able to pull a pound with a heavy yielding strain and one cmh? I'll probably end up with some kind of side lighting. It's strange thought to go from 800 watts to a little over 315. I don't want to loose any weight or quality.
Well I would assume, with one of the high yielding strains, like BB or blue dream, you could get a lb., but at 315w, you can run two tents, with one 315 in each, and then I know you'll get over a lb. . I grow for quality, not quanity, but both are nice. I'd suggest finding someone that has a special strain of Blue Dream, and get some of those clones !! To bad we're not close, I could hook you up with some. And it's been my experience that, usually, the more yield, the lesser the quality. If I was selling it, then yes, I'd switch to a higher producer.

My only concern is my current lighting has been confirmed to put out over a pound of quality gsc and I don't want to loose that... Sounds like it shouldn't be an issue with some side lighting I'm the 4x4

But..

Two 3x3 tents and two cmh 315 is a fantastic idea! That would be ideal! I'm not sure if I have the space to do that but I'm going to look into that! It would be cool to have a closest filled with vegging plants and one harvest every month. Genius sp!

My only concern is my current lighting has been confirmed to put out over a pound of quality gsc and I don't want to loose that... Sounds like it shouldn't be an issue with some side lighting I'm the 4x4

But..

Two 3x3 tents and two cmh 315 is a fantastic idea! That would be ideal! I'm not sure if I have the space to do that but I'm going to look into that! It would be cool to have a closest filled with vegging plants and one harvest every month. Genius sp!
And all you would need is 4 inch fan & filter.
That's what I'm doing !! Like today, is day 32 bloom in the lec tent, and yesterday, was flip day for the 4 that I've been vegging for like 6 weeks under a 430w hortilux, turned back to 275, till now. I know the 400w wont completely cover the canopy, but It'll have to do. Plan is to harvest the lec tent about the 10th. of May, and by then, the 400w will be 30 days into bloom, maybe move them to the lec tent for final 2-3 wks. ?
And then there's my other 4x4x6.5/ t5 tent, for WHATEVER !! It's a jungle in there !! But that's where it all comes together. Kind of over stocked right now, as I've lost my outside plot ? Sucks !!:high-five:

And all you would need is 4 inch fan & filter.
That's what I'm doing !! Like today, is day 32 bloom in the lec tent, and yesterday, was flip day for the 4 that I've been vegging for like 6 weeks under a 430w hortilux, turned back to 275, till now. I know the 400w wont completely cover the canopy, but It'll have to do. Plan is to harvest the lec tent about the 10th. of May, and by then, the 400w will be 30 days into bloom, maybe move them to the lec tent for final 2-3 wks. ?
And then there's my other 4x4x6.5/ t5 tent, for WHATEVER !! It's a jungle in there !! But that's where it all comes together. Kind of over stocked right now, as I've lost my outside plot ? Sucks !!:high-five:

That sounds perfect! I'll have to see if I can swing another tent otherwise I'll have to wait until I move and get a grow room. Hopefully soon! That does suck about your plot? Are you looking for a new one?

Two tents is the way to go bro :passitleft: I hope to be running two tents soonish too, hoping in this year. For now though just stick to one tent. Sorry to hear about the plot SP, always sucks a gentleman's sausage when bad luck hits.

Definitely the way to go! Wish I thought about it when I first started. I'd like to keep the tent and add a 3x3 but not sure where I'd put a 3x3 as it is I went with a 4x4 because the 5x5 didn't fit.

Whoa... Fucking bannanas man!

IMAG27313.jpg
IMAG27323.jpg
IMAG27352.jpg
IMAG2735_1.jpg

DWC root
IMAG27305.jpg

DWC was low on water so I made a new batch. Rez change for DWC and a top up for Dewey aero girls.

Both Dewey plants roots have taken off since splitting off the airline and making it bubbles a little... Just enough to break the water tension.

Gsc dewey
IMAG27155.jpg
IMAG27122.jpg
IMAG27111.jpg
IMAG27103.jpg
IMAG27132.jpg
IMAG27144.jpg

Chernobyl aero roots have SHOT down. They are chilling in the water. Quick pics, they misrule the added bubbles.
IMAG27212.jpg
IMAG27226.jpg
IMAG27234.jpg
IMAG27184.jpg

LOC gsc and Afghan got a tsp of flower girl.

IMAG27294.jpg
IMAG27285.jpg
IMAG27274.jpg
IMAG27267.jpg
IMAG27253.jpg
IMAG27243.jpg

You are making some beautiful progress Farmer and I like your bushy ladies! Wonderful job so far! :bravo:

Try the 1 CMH and see how it does temp wise, employees at retail stores are always suspect as far as their motives.

Agree with that, I bet it will still get pretty warm together with the driver. It is HID light afterall my guess is 20% more efficient (not bad).

Ok so CMH does have red in it, thanks for that info that may be a game changer.

Yes HPS goes to around 2100K. That is pretty red and some CDM/CMH lamps can even get to 1200K. Plus they last longer. At this point of time nothing beats COBs/UVB combo though.

For 4x4 you are looking at optimal 9 COBs and adjustable power from 200W up to 600W. That should be killer light. With the best chips you are looking at 360$ just in COBs plus 200$ for the 600W power supply. Heatsinks are like 100$ and frame and other components can add up to another 60$. With lower power efficiency chips (10-15% difference) you are looking at 240$ for COBs. That puts you at the one dollar per true watt range I think represents well the COB lights today. The UVB 10.0 tube fixtures are like 30-40$ at most. Also note the life expectancy of the fixture is well beyond 10 years and the yield can get up to two pounds. You hang in there, the COBs are getting better and better as we speak. :circle-of-love:

You are making some beautiful progress Farmer and I like your bushy ladies! Wonderful job so far! :bravo:

Agree with that, I bet it will still get pretty warm together with the driver. It is HID light afterall my guess is 20% more efficient (not bad).

Yes HPS goes to around 2100K. That is pretty red and some CDM/CMH lamps can even get to 1200K. Plus they last longer. At this point of time nothing beats COBs/UVB combo though.

For 4x4 you are looking at optimal 9 COBs and adjustable power from 200W up to 600W. That should be killer light. With the best chips you are looking at 360$ just in COBs plus 200$ for the 600W power supply. Heatsinks are like 100$ and frame and other components can add up to another 60$. With lower power efficiency chips (10-15% difference) you are looking at 240$ for COBs. That puts you at the one dollar per true watt range I think represents well the COB lights today. The UVB 10.0 tube fixtures are like 30-40$ at most. Also note the life expectancy of the fixture is well beyond 10 years and the yield can get up to two pounds. You hang in there, the COBs are getting better and better as we speak. :circle-of-love:

Hey T!! Thank you so much! It's nice to be reassured by a los grower! First time with organics and amendments. It was a bit overwhelming at first but I think I've figured it out, not completely but I feel comfortable growing this way. These girls are just the testers so they are a little burned and also yellowing. I hope my LOC only grow comes out better but I am definitely happy with the progress so far and I can't wait to try the amended coco. Still have to put together my brewer. My plants are missing there tea! They always seem to love it when I give them an AACT drench. I can't wait to do and organic scrog! Thanks again T!

Yeah I can imagine them getting warm, I'm really leaning towards the cmh and cobs. I hear cmh gives Amazing quality.

Your bring up some great points on the cob lights. That's the way I want to go for sure but they are so pricey I'm not sure when I'd be able to swing that but 600 watts for a 4x4 is much more doable!

I'm going to have to email timber! So the original plan was to get the 5x5 setup. It will fit in a 4x4 and uses 900 watts. I was never sure of the perfect watts for cobs in a 4x4. I'm using about 800watts of led now and figured 900 would be a good go to. Then the plan was 1 cmh 315 watt and maybe 3-400 watts of cobs side lighting.

Is the 900 over kill then? Its hard to imagine getting more or the same yield as I do now with less watts at the wall. I'm really going through a loop trying to figure out what lighting to go with. Picking up a 600 watt though is a lot more doable! I'm really leaning to that! I'll probably do cob only 6-700 watts! Definitely looking into uvb! Thanks again T! I really like led anyways as I've had good experience with it.

IMAG27483.jpg
IMAG2742_1.jpg
IMAG27411.jpg

Just wanna share some Dewey pics. The gsc is looking great but the Chernobyl is looking super Amazing!

IMAG27474.jpg
IMAG27433.jpg
IMAG2745_1.jpg

The roots go down to the top of the Dewey! Long! I have to take a clone to use as a mother. One has my eye just want it to get a bit longer.

I really appreciate everyone's help with lighting info! T if you think 600 watts is enough then I'm going to get some quotes to see which way would be the most expensive upfront. Cobs have a great return on investment as the cobs last for a while so if its close ill just go cob!

Hey congratulations on the move pw! Will you eventually set up a grow room or continue in a tent?

I hope to set up a 4 x 8 tent, that would be plenty with the 4 x 4 as a veg tent.

At some point I'll pheno hunt. I have Indiana Bubble gum, Fire og, Pink Kush and I want NL x Skunk all regular seeds. Will be a long process but worth it in the end.

Hello BFarmer! So 900W for 4x4 is, well that 56W of COB light per square foot. That's so close to the optimal 60W of HPS per sq foot (1000W HPS bulb). But the COBs at 50W are close to 170lm/W. There are 600W lights out there that beat 1150W Gavita any day. Plus you are gonna get buds deeper in the canopy. People claim 1,8g per Watt with COBs. And I think you can get to 1,2 with good bulb, but then the bulb is good for like 2 years. I think 600W is golden for 4x4 and you can always add some side panels, to really get the light everywhere :) Sunbath

S2:E2 MASSIVE harvest from Cree cxb3590 diy led grow. - YouTube

And he did not use any UVB which could increase the trichome size if enough was used imo. But that's for someone else to decide. Note that he was using 32 chips so that is 26W per chip, which is very very efficient.

Back
Top Bottom