H-LOC A Hydro Living Organic Coco Expirence

How long would u consider too long for a solution to sit say it's instant nute then forget about it for a week but it's covered and in a cool dry place

Most nutrient bottles say to do a rez change weekly. I'm assuming that they assume you are using an air stone or circulating the water. So if I have nutes sitting stagnate in a jug I'm sure it would go off with bacteria much faster. I try to use extra nutes within 2 days unless specifically stated on the bottle to use same day. I think that is what superthrive suggests.

9 1/2" DWC; Deep Water Culture Air Stone Diffuser / Bubbler from Red Frog

Check out that air stone I've seen them used in injection pots and I swear by them in dwc. I have five gal roots and it has always been my dream. Guess I gotta find something else to dream up.

Hey man thanks! I did a lot of research on those air injection systems. They look cool, seem to last a bit longer then an air stone. I'd use them in a plain water rez and it's on the list to order but I wouldn't use it with nutes or roots.

It's kinda expensive and doesn't look easy to clean. I'd rather buy a cheap air stone for a few cents and toss it out after a grow or two. Here is one of the few reviews I found that proves these aren't the easiest to clean.

Screenshot_2017-04-07-09-35-52.png

I've found a couple more on Amazon that say the same thing. For a few bucks more I could buy a Dewey that will probably last a lifetime.

How long would u consider too long for a solution to sit say it's instant nute then forget about it for a week but it's covered and in a cool dry place

When I was using bottled nutes, I'd mix a feed up and discard anything I didn't use on the day. I mislabelled a bottle once and fed a week 6 flower feed to an auto girl at just 3 weeks old. A mistake I never gave the chance to repeat itself.

When I was using bottled nutes, I'd mix a feed up and discard anything I didn't use on the day. I mislabelled a bottle once and fed a week 6 flower feed to an auto girl at just 3 weeks old. A mistake I never gave the chance to repeat itself.

Hey Mr A! :passitleft: I didn't even think of that thanks! I can totally see myself feeding my organic girls this maxibloom water. It looks clear!

Yes ive always filled my rez then add nutes to it, never made anything extra. Just what i need at that moment.

I agree pw! I've never really stored nutes before. I just don't want to waste I guess... I used the extra today to top up the dwc! It's leaks still! I think I need to drill an air relief because my theory is the water is being pushed out the bottom from roo much pressure. I'll probably keep the nutes for a day to top up if they get thirsty and toss. New batch and clean rez on the second day.

Sound plan, well i ordered a new Dewey grow system today so im going to take plunge. I think itll be far simpler compared to the way ive been doing things.

Sound plan, well i ordered a new Dewey grow system today so im going to take plunge. I think itll be far simpler compared to the way ive been doing things.

Hey pw congratulations! You ended up with the cloner? Very cool! Looking forward to some pics and your thoughts! I hope it simplifies your life! Definitely made cloning easy for me

We'll see how my first Aero grow goes, aero will be a little less work if it works well.

Hey so are you going to continue your current journal in coco with hydro on the side or wait a grow??? Very exciting!

IMAG25812.jpg

So after an structural inspection I realized water is being pushed out the top and the bottom is sealed tight! So I drilled a hole with some airline for pressure relief.

Sprayed with STS and topped with maxibloom water. I dumped the rest. She seems really happy! I keep forgetting to check ph on aero girls....

The one in the Dewey bucket has new nodes, both seem happy with the nutes and the other that dried out is coming back but seems to be shocked a bit.

Going to spray loc girls with SNS for gnats.

Also going to amend my coco with some new and old amendments. I'll let it cook through this harvest and the scrog harvest. The plan is to use Dr earth here and there as a boost and plain coco mixed for baby's and use mostly amended coco in transplant.

Hey pw congratulations! You ended up with the cloner? Very cool! Looking forward to some pics and your thoughts! I hope it simplifies your life! Definitely made cloning easy for me

Hey so are you going to continue your current journal in coco with hydro on the side or wait a grow??? Very exciting!

IMAG25812.jpg

So after an structural inspection I realized water is being pushed out the top and the bottom is sealed tight! So I drilled a hole with some airline for pressure relief.

Sprayed with STS and topped with maxibloom water. I dumped the rest. She seems really happy! I keep forgetting to check ph on aero girls....

The one in the Dewey bucket has new nodes, both seem happy with the nutes and the other that dried out is coming back but seems to be shocked a bit.

Going to spray loc girls with SNS for gnats.

Also going to amend my coco with some new and old amendments. I'll let it cook through this harvest and the scrog harvest. The plan is to use Dr earth here and there as a boost and plain coco mixed for baby's and use mostly amended coco in transplant.
Hey BF was just curious what it is u are referring to as "SNS"?

Looking good BF! You're so good at making and configuring stuff out of absolutely anything and everything, I could save a fortune if I was as good as making shit as you lol.

I've just noticed the PH pen you have. I don't know if I was just unlucky but I went through two of them pretty quickly and am on my third now, lucky you get a year warranty so my hydro store kept swapping them for me. I swapped to an essentials one now and just keeping the HM for a spare, I don't trust it enough now. Problem I had with mine, after a lot of use and calibrations I found that it would tell me the correct PH In the buffer solutions but would give me readings which were incorrect in either my reservoir or water from the tap. It was very weird, hopefully it will be fine for you but I'm just letting you know my experience with that brand and model so you can keep an eye on it.

Lots going on over here... very nice!

Hey spitz. A lot indeed. Everything im doing is all new to me and pretty much trial and error. It's my first organic grow, first coco organic grow, first for STS, first for dwc and aero, first aero cloning I'm sure I'm missing something. hope they come out well! Hope your enjoying the grow show :passitleft:

Cool ive never heard of it might have to do sum research thanks

My plants are looking great after the drench. Seems to have worked. Don't see any gnats. I'll do another drench in a week of so. So far I'm happy. The sample was like 7 bucks and came with 3 different samples. The drench I got makes up to 2 gal of liquid but I made it into 1 gal

Amazing! . .

Lol thanks!
Looking good BF! You're so good at making and configuring stuff out of absolutely anything and everything, I could save a fortune if I was as good as making shit as you lol.

I've just noticed the PH pen you have. I don't know if I was just unlucky but I went through two of them pretty quickly and am on my third now, lucky you get a year warranty so my hydro store kept swapping them for me. I swapped to an essentials one now and just keeping the HM for a spare, I don't trust it enough now. Problem I had with mine, after a lot of use and calibrations I found that it would tell me the correct PH In the buffer solutions but would give me readings which were incorrect in either my reservoir or water from the tap. It was very weird, hopefully it will be fine for you but I'm just letting you know my experience with that brand and model so you can keep an eye on it.

It definitely helps in saving some cash. It doesn't always work out though.

Hey thanks for the heads up! Well I had some store credit because I returned my AN line up. It was causing algae blooms. It was between this and the blue labs. For the price of this I could get two vs one blue labs and they had the same warranty. It wasn't my first choice but I figured I could get this and part of a carbon filter with the credit. I'll make sure to keep a good eye on it and then buy a good one off Amazon. So far though its working well. Went right to the proper ph in the buffers and the ph of maxi seems right as I've read it has a tendency to lower ph a lot. I'll make sure to check it every other week.

Got some more amendments in the mail. Topped dressed them into the tent plants also added humic acid into the tea!

IMAG26012.jpg

IMAG26033.jpg

Oh also got

IMAG25871.jpg

Carbon filter. Can filter and a green flash light

IMAG26151.jpg

And 10" black duct. I have to redue my intake. Worked great on cool days but I need to suck air in from an outside source. So I added 6" duct to pull from the living room. It's not light proof or big enough so these are going in. I will put them on each side route them to the living room and put this screen I found that block out pollen. It's used for window screens. I'm not sure if it will block cannabis pollen but should help with dust, dirt, bugs.

IMAG26062.jpg

Here is everything so far I'm using in coco

IMAG26043.jpg

IMAG26052.jpg

Amended a tub of coco with all amendments and ewc!

IMAG2588_1.jpg
IMAG25893.jpg
IMAG25902.jpg
IMAG25921.jpg
IMAG25912.jpg
IMAG26002.jpg

Got tired of water pushing out and made a upgraded one out Fox farms bottle! Here are the roots.

Here are the aero girls. I think one might not make it!

IMAG25934.jpg
IMAG25943.jpg
IMAG2595_1.jpg
IMAG25963.jpg
IMAG25981.jpg
IMAG25993.jpg

Here are the loc girls. They got top dressed with all new amendments plus a tsp of the smaller boxes.

IMAG26092.jpg
IMAG26072.jpg

And watered with ro bsm Epsom salts and great white.

Most nutrient bottles say to do a rez change weekly. I'm assuming that they assume you are using an air stone or circulating the water. So if I have nutes sitting stagnate in a jug I'm sure it would go off with bacteria much faster. I try to use extra nutes within 2 days unless specifically stated on the bottle to use same day. I think that is what superthrive suggests.

Hey man thanks! I did a lot of research on those air injection systems. They look cool, seem to last a bit longer then an air stone. I'd use them in a plain water rez and it's on the list to order but I wouldn't use it with nutes or roots.

It's kinda expensive and doesn't look easy to clean. I'd rather buy a cheap air stone for a few cents and toss it out after a grow or two. Here is one of the few reviews I found that proves these aren't the easiest to clean.

Screenshot_2017-04-07-09-35-52.png

I've found a couple more on Amazon that say the same thing. For a few bucks more I could buy a Dewey that will probably last a lifetime.
You can't believe what the fertilizer cos. say, remember, they're selling nutes.

So I put together a new intake for my tent. As I was putting it together I remember someone saying something about co2 from breathing. Works out that we spend most of our time in the living room.

IMAG26171.jpg
IMAG2618.jpg
IMAG26191.jpg
IMAG26203.jpg
1491757000243324944071.jpg
IMAG2616_1.jpg

10" black duct with pollen tech window screen!! I am also going to put some screen on the front of my fans for fresh filtered air.

IMAG26242.jpg

Here is what it all looks like.

Checked my ph in my rez and looks like it jumped to 6.5. After looking at my worst aero plant I decided to plant it in coco. Maybe it will come back. The other two are in plain water while the aero buckets cleanse. I plan on going to get a clone. Maybe a sativa to cross. I will put that clone in the bucket. Making a new batch of maxibloom will ph low. 5.5 maybe a tab lower for swings.

IMAG26334.jpg
IMAG26342.jpg
IMAG26352.jpg
IMAG26362.jpg
IMAG26362.jpg
IMAG26374.jpg
IMAG26381.jpg
IMAG26391.jpg

Crazy, wonder what was wrong with the nutrients? Good of them to swap them for credit.

Exactly that just keep an eye on it, just wanted to make you aware just incase you encounter a problem, mine was fantastic at first too lol, just didn't seem to stay fantastic. Hopefully you have better luck, good thing is tho least you can take it back when it stops working with the warranty lol. Fanleaf helped me realise I had a dodgy PH pen in my first grow, it was .5 off the EC. Both done the same thing.

I like how you've added the intake into the front room so your plants can get all that free CO2 we generate. I really want to purchase a meter to measure the amount of CO2. You could spend money all day on this hobby lol.

Back
Top Bottom