H-LOC A Hydro Living Organic Coco Expirence

As always, your girls are looking great. Your attention to details shows the love Brother. Keep it up and i hope you keep this thing growing. Learning a metric shit ton.
Gauge
This thing is meant to mean teaching us all the organic way man. I re read that and went uhhh. Much love brother.

Yo BFarmer! I gotta catch up later, you are filling the pages so quickly.

You build so many things I wish I had some place to create things like that (hopefully this year)! Looking at your vortex aerator makes me :drool: Haha, you did great with it! I personally have no experience with coco but I've seen ppl grow cannabis in coco and water alone, albeit with poor results it can be done. That alone shows it's viability for growing. I'm considering adding some coco to my compost, to make it more airy and woody together with some wooden chips. Wood is gold for cannabis and do not get me started on the fungus stuff that comes with it. I suggest you get refractometer to measure your brix levels it can help you fiddle with the water and get it better and better. You are doing some great gardening here and I wish you find you favorite way.

As I'm quite high now, I'm thinking about incorporating the coco into my smart pot setup. Like making a layer in the middle/third of the pot, so that the cannabis can grow some wide roots in it and spread them faster. The 22 gal big boy will be getting quite full!

You keep what you are doing and get ready for some premium buds! :bravo:

I did just that in a 7 gal top coco, middle organic tundra, bottom hydroton/ coco mix worked okay
420-magazine-mobile1572157780.jpg

Just turning gn on its last days

Nice hermie setup BF, thats slick

Hey thanks pw! Put it all together pretty quick. Hope it works! She got sprayed again. Twice today.

Sitting for this one

Hey! Welcome in D!

As always, your girls are looking great. Your attention to details shows the love Brother. Keep it up and i hope you keep this thing growing. Learning a metric shit ton.
Gauge

Thank GS, I really appreciate that! Glad your enjoying the journal!

This thing is meant to mean teaching us all the organic way man. I re read that and went uhhh. Much love brother.

It's a learning experience for me. Never done this before. I hope it works!

Yo BFarmer! I gotta catch up later, you are filling the pages so quickly.

You build so many things I wish I had some place to create things like that (hopefully this year)! Looking at your vortex aerator makes me :drool: Haha, you did great with it! I personally have no experience with coco but I've seen ppl grow cannabis in coco and water alone, albeit with poor results it can be done. That alone shows it's viability for growing. I'm considering adding some coco to my compost, to make it more airy and woody together with some wooden chips. Wood is gold for cannabis and do not get me started on the fungus stuff that comes with it. I suggest you get refractometer to measure your brix levels it can help you fiddle with the water and get it better and better. You are doing some great gardening here and I wish you find you favorite way.

As I'm quite high now, I'm thinking about incorporating the coco into my smart pot setup. Like making a layer in the middle/third of the pot, so that the cannabis can grow some wide roots in it and spread them faster. The 22 gal big boy will be getting quite full!

You keep what you are doing and get ready for some premium buds! :bravo:

Lol hey T! This one is moving rather quickly. That's why I started another journal for my loc only sog.

I never really thought about it but I guess I do put a lot of things together. Sometimes my diy doesn't work as good as I like though. For the most part I'm happy with what I've built and grow stuff is so over priced. Helps to save a bit. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment! My work space is the living room. Just have to clean up after or I'll regret it.

Thanks on the vortex brewer! I love it but think it will get redesigned. I'll use a 5gallon bucket as a base and make the down pipe over 1' long. That should make a better vortex and a sturdier base to drain from. It was so easy to make. I can put a little write up if you want.

That is a great idea adding coco. I'm looking into a soilles mix. I want it to get me to harvest without adding much. I'm doing a lot of reading on organics. Looking into los recipes. I want to use coco though for the water frequency. That's what gives quick growth. I hope I can get a better grasp on organics in coco. I'll probably Throw my amendments in a tub with coco to cook and use Dr earth as needed.

I will look into a refractometer! Thank you! I hope I find a way too! I truly think it's doc buds kit but need to be on my own property. I rent as of now. I like coco but prefer the organics thing and think using his kit will be easiest. I see now why I had problems with ffof. So many people use it as just a base with so much more mixed in.

Maybe coco on bottom for drainage and soil on top for ph and amendments?

Thanks T I can't wait for my first organic buds!

I did just that in a 7 gal top coco, middle organic tundra, bottom hydroton/ coco mix worked okay

Looking good!

:passitleft:

You ever think of maybe putting the air pump inside a styrofoam cooler, with air holes in the cooler ? that thing just looks noisy !!

You ever think of maybe putting the air pump inside a styrofoam cooler, with air holes in the cooler ? that thing just looks noisy !!

It's honestly not too bad and where it is actually makes the noise louder because the box is hollow and makes the noise project. We seem to ignore it just fine and it's only temporarily on.

One thing is for sure that pump gets hot! Hot enough that I don't feel ok putting the metal fins on the neoprene I use as a stand. It has rubber feet but they don't work due to the cord coming out of the bottom so it sits on the neoprene that held the 2" pucks. Where it was before had not airflow and the pump would be hot to the touch. Not burning hot but warmer then warm. I can totally see this thing over heating and melting some shit. Well on top of the box are computer fans. The pump sits on the fan and I find this to be perfect to cool down the fins. I can touch it now and it's not even warm. A hot pump will push hot air. that will heat up the water and Hot water doesn't hold oxygen as well as cooler.

A Styrofoam box would make this pump overheat but another good option is to hang it from the ceiling with some kinda bungie cord that will absorb vibration. In the air this thing is virtually silent but definitely have a fan blowing on it

Found you! Subbed & reading!

Hey! Welcome in! Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

I finally made my SNS soil drench/foiler for the fungus gnats. Will drench soon.

IMAG2565_1.jpg

IMAG25663.jpg

Also after discussing in pw thread I came to the conclusion I've been using bad nutes. I returned them for store credit! Bought this little ph pen and have some more credit for part of a new carbon filter.

I also ordered maxibloom and will follow the lucus formula for my aero and dwc plants. Should be in Friday.

IMAG25432.jpg

IMAG25442.jpg

IMAG25422.jpg

IMAG25411.jpg

Wow!! Look at the roots on the dwc plant! Full recovery and it's getting sprayed with sts. She is doing well! Spraying her daily with sts

IMAG25453.jpg

IMAG25461.jpg

IMAG25481.jpg

IMAG2547.jpg

IMAG25562.jpg

Here are the aero plants. They would be doing amazing but the water ran low and one plants started drooping like crazy! The roots were dried up! Added z7 water and 30 minutes to an hour later she perked right up!! I'll have to keep an eye on water level. Look like they are drinking up!

IMAG25493.jpg

IMAG25502.jpg

IMAG25512.jpg

IMAG25524.jpg

IMAG25532.jpg

IMAG25542.jpg

IMAG25552.jpg

IMAG25571.jpg

Here are the loc girls! Added fish bone meal and tried top dressing ewc but the small amount I put affected drainage a bit. Did an AACT drench

Great pix
420-magazine-mobile1617076867.jpg

Here's my latest in flower in dwc got an under powered air stone waiting on these red frog tea bubblers work great in five gal buckets amazing root growth, I've always wanted to make a root mass five gallons big and it worked.

Great pix

Here's my latest in flower in dwc got an under powered air stone waiting on these red frog tea bubblers work great in five gal buckets amazing root growth, I've always wanted to make a root mass five gallons big and it worked.

Looks amazing! Great work.
Gauge

Great pix

Gorgeous plant ill!

I've seen those but never knew the name. Air injection technology? Pretty cool, looks really easy to make if you find the permeable airline. How big of a pump do you need to run that?? Those look great for dwc and aacts.

Im really liking the vortex brewer for AACT. My air stones would clog so fast! I wonder how this would do?

dwc vs aero.. I'm really enjoying the aero grow. The dewey mister is so easy to use, clean and doesn't clog. I can imagine having to buy a new "air injection technology" every few grows? I wonder how long they last. When I was putting nutes into my coco rez my air stone would only last for about two grows.

So far after doing aero and dwc I much prefer aero. The water level is so much lower since the roots don't sit in the water. Especially with the Dewey, it uses very little water. In fact! This is were I went wrong by adding too much water to the top of the mister and it caused issues due to low 02 levels. That's why the roots don't look so well but they are coming back... Less water makes it easier to change the rez for me. The dwc water bottle I made uses a lot of water and it's in such a small space.

I'm really into the air injection technology for aerating my coco plants rez! It doesn't get bad in there since no nutes or roots! So it should last a long time.

Thanks for sharing!

It is dwc bubble boy I use five gal buckets with a few layers of duck tape. It's hooked up to a small pump then there's another hooked up to a cookies clone with and I've kinda just been minimal on nutes but on top of the ph cause in the begininning I had extremememe fluctuations. But I love it almost as much as I like coco.

Ive talked myself into it, ill go straight hydro after this grow.

Hey alright pw! Can't wait to see that grow!

Aero or dwc?

IMAG25692.jpg

Here is my DWC vs Dewey. DWC has the smaller set of roots Dewey have the longer hairy roots. The dwc is being ran by a commercial pump 18watts and is bubbling very intensely. The Dewey is on a 3w pump

IMAG25682.jpg

Another pic of Dewey roots. Its hard to get the hairs but the roots are so much better in Dewey so far. This plant ran low on water too and didn't look like this the other day. It's not the one that wilted though

Back
Top Bottom