Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

I sure ain' leavin' my jars. Nope, no way.

How's that saying go? ... weed will get you through times of ... "you know, that thing".

:bongrip:

[Edit] It just occurred to me that there was a crowd of "grass" smokers before the hippies came on board - hipsters and beatniks and such. Maybe Joe was one of those, and he's been re-indulging since the liberalization. C'mon, maan. ?

Idea: :idea:

I'm thinking that when we get the antibody blood test kits ramped up, they should ship them to blood banks first. Get tested, give a pint while you're there, the bank gets a supply of antibody serum, and a bunch of potential new donors. Win, win and furthermore, win.

:bongrip:

I got a better idea! :p
When we get our stimulus checks, have the teller at the bank give us the whole 1200 of it in dollar bills so we got something to wipe our a$$es with for a few months. Or at least until there's a such thing as toilet paper again, then we can use the leftover ones to call up that topless delivery service!

If you can frighten most of a group, you can turn them into a mob, and get them to do things they wouldn't do on their own. :slide: When we go to the grocery store now, or walk the dog, people don't even meet eyes.

I wonder what percentage of us can be counted on to just go along, nervously scanning the rest first, to see what they do. I remember how shocked I was to see how the Russian people reacted when they were freed from dictatorship. They just milled around and waited for someone else to take charge. They never had that responsibility themselves and didn't want it anyway. It had always been someone else's fault before. So they just watched as organized crime took over.

I think the biggest problem is that we've discounted the value of history. It's as if the last century never happened. In 20 years we've evolved past those crude lessons, eh? All human conflict can be solved by experts with "science" now. None of those past experts and science were as good as the current ones. Now they say that we can just turn the economy on and off whenever we need to. They have it all worked out. :yahoo:

It's a new world folks! I'm sure glad I can count on the government to take care of me. It'll be fine. The experts say so, and they know science n stuff.

:Namaste:

If you can frighten most of a group, you can turn them into a mob, and get them to do things they wouldn't do on their own. :slide: When we go to the grocery store now, or walk the dog, people don't even meet eyes.

I wonder what percentage of us can be counted on to just go along, nervously scanning the rest first, to see what they do. I remember how shocked I was to see how the Russian people reacted when they were freed from dictatorship. They just milled around and waited for someone else to take charge. They never had that responsibility themselves and didn't want it anyway. It had always been someone else's fault before. So they just watched as organized crime took over.

I think the biggest problem is that we've discounted the value of history. It's as if the last century never happened. In 20 years we've evolved past those crude lessons, eh? All human conflict can be solved by experts with "science" now. None of those past experts and science were as good as the current ones. Now they say that we can just turn the economy on and off whenever we need to. They have it all worked out. :yahoo:

It's a new world folks! I'm sure glad I can count on the government to take care of me. It'll be fine. The experts say so, and they know science n stuff.

:Namaste:

It's off topic, so I won't post it here. But I have collected 50 years worth of doomsday predictions and their failure to materialize that I use when posting as a political blogger. (It's an alter-ego)

Suffice it to say that depending on the "expert" cited, we're either supposed to be under water, frozen to death or dead from any number of infectious diseases or starved to death by now.

Experts have a very poor track record of being "right."

It's off topic, so I won't post it here. But I have collected 50 years worth of doomsday predictions and their failure to materialize that I use when posting as a political blogger. (It's an alter-ego)

Suffice it to say that depending on the "expert" cited, we're either supposed to be under water, frozen to death or dead from any number of infectious diseases or starved to death by now.

Experts have a very poor track record of being "right."

And I bet that the failure to materialize is grossly disappointing and unwelcome when you bring it up. I reflexively pooh pooh that stuff, and people react so oddly! :laughtwo: They'll cling to their fear while I cite facts and history. Sheesh, they don't have to agree with me, they just have to deal with a couple inconvenient facts! If everyone else is frightened, they'll side with the frightened people, and resist all logic.

If I was still in my 40s, it'd really piss me off. Fortunately, I'm not in charge anymore. Old people are always around and sometimes they say stuff, but whatever.
:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom