Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

The Star Pupil?

It's definitely tasty, but its high isn't a favorite of mine. Kinda dull. I think the Afghan overwhelms the Thai. It smokes more like a Mexican.

Meh.

But ... I'm a pot snob, a cannabis connoissier, ganja gormand, etc so ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

But ... I'm a pot snob, a cannabis connoissier, ganja gormand, etc so ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I feel same. As such, what are a few of your favorites over the last 2-3 years?

I haven't really had any duds lately, but I also attribute that to good friends, this forum and doc's kit to be able to filter some of those less-than-thrilling candidates. I have my own short list of a few that really stuck out, but interested in yours too.

I haven't really had any duds lately, but I also attribute that to good friends, this forum and doc's kit to be able to filter some of those less-than-thrilling candidates. I have my own short list of a few that really stuck out, but interested in yours too.
Ok, I'll go 1st !! Best weed I ever smoked was Acapulco gold, back in the 60s. I've really only grown a few strains, in comparison to most members here. These stand out.
1- Inzane in the membrane (by far)
2- White widow
3- Blue dream

Hey Gov.....question for ya man. Are you still running that Strawberry Fields from Neiko? Just curious.

For me, the best is still Carnival. Y Griega comes close, with its strong energetic high, but it's a little heavier and will eventually wear me out.

Destroyer is always a winner, with its distinct old-school mellow high and no crash - a great straight-up sativa with a royal lineage (Mex/Lumbo/Thai).

Bluniverse is a good night smoke - great taste and high, with a strong sedative fade.

And I really like Goji Pupil. It's an OG type buzz but with some extra "kindness" to it - very soothing.

And of course Bubba Hash and Lemon Paki, both excellent strains with high terps.

For a ripping spacey buzz, Ace's Nevil's stock is great (A5 and C5 Hazes). And Malawi is a definite winner.

:blunt:

For me, the best is still Carnival. Y Griega comes close, with its strong energetic high, but it's a little heavier and will eventually wear me out.

Destroyer is always a winner, with its distinct old-school mellow high and no crash - a great straight-up sativa with a royal lineage (Mex/Lumbo/Thai).

Bluniverse is a good night smoke - great taste and high, with a strong sedative fade.

And I really like Goji Pupil. It's an OG type buzz but with some extra "kindness" to it - very soothing.

And of course Bubba Hash and Lemon Paki, both excellent strains with high terps.

For a ripping spacey buzz, Ace's Nevil's stock is great (A5 and C5 Hazes). And Malawi is a definite winner.

:blunt:

Cool. Thanks for the feedback on those. I just cracked a couple Bubba Hash myself. Looking for some new genetics to insert into the rotation. Been running these same strains for a good minute now.

Ok, I'll go 1st !! Best weed I ever smoked was Acapulco gold, back in the 60s. I've really only grown a few strains, in comparison to most members here. These stand out.
1- Inzane in the membrane (by far)
2- White widow
3- Blue dream

First time I had Acapulco Gold was in '76. I knew nothing then...but it was still memorable.

Lemon Paki
A5 X Malawi (Killer A5 Haze)
A5 X Panama (ACE tester strain).

Lemon Paki...mmm hmmm.

I got an Ace tester strain too on Neiko's recommendation...Thai x Pan. Excited for that one too.

Hey Gov.....question for ya man. Are you still running that Strawberry Fields from Neiko? Just curious.

No. Sadly. For me it wasn't one that went over well. I liked the high, but the taste and aromas just didn't do it for me. I ran it for 3-4 cycles, and had a full jar stuck in the back corner. That's why I said "sadly", because with a solid 5+ month cure it was really nice.

. Thanks guys.

Oh...I should post some of my recent faves too. All grown in the kit. First, a pair from Rare Dankness: Ghost Train Haze #1 taken at 13 weeks and long-cured. It smells like a sweet wine and hits like a glacier...slow but unrelenting...lol. Then 501'st OG, a solid 8-week strain that is classic OG on all fronts, and makes some really top-shelf rosin (wife's favorite right now). I've also really enjoyed IHG's BCP. I've run it probably 10+ runs over the last 2 years and it's simply wonderful. It's rosin handles like taffy and yields 22% for me almost like clockwork with a fantastic high (if a little heavy) and crowd-pleasing aromas and flavors.

Ghost Train Haze is definitely gonna be on my next seed order. Every time I see that one PotChimp is growing, the crave hits me again. :love:

Ack, my Thai Pan is still in veg. :laughtwo: I've been stalling everything, trying to decide what I want to do with them all. The bloom room is empty in the meantime. I've had too many plants to care for. Gotta downsize.

Ya - if Momma ain' happy ... :straightface:

That, and the cases of jars I have stored in the closet. :laughtwo:

I was always startled when someone would comment on how much I had going at the time. :hmmmm: 10-12 plants in a 4x4 didn't seem like that much to me. It does now. So I'll probably cut that in half.

And I'm not as driven to explore more strains - I know what I like now and I have a bunch of variety onhand.

Back
Top Bottom