Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Well, all this hooey about diamonds and sauce got me motivated. I started with 28 grams of Tangie and pressed 3 pucks that were in the neighborhood of 8 grams each after de-stemming. Not a great return, but I added it to about .5 gm of some Tangie I had squished a week ago. So, the last picture is what I’ll be popping my THCa Cherry with...it won’t be happening until I get some 25 micron screens. They’ve been ordered, just not here yet. Enjoy!

Made a few gummies last night. They go hand and hand with my squish... Pop two or three and chase it with a dab!:high-five:
Although lately I’ve been pondering if I’m getting to high lately...
Just kidding! LOL! :laugh:
C1A6552A-3202-42FC-BE22-95118710BB4D.jpeg

How does one find the ideal temperature and squish pressure as well as time. I imagine its a combination of the material and type of press used?

There are two settings on a Dulytek that need to be entered. Temperature and timer. Where should I start experimenting to dial it in so to speak do ya think?

How does one find the ideal temperature and squish pressure as well as time. I imagine its a combination of the material and type of press used?

There are two settings on a Dulytek that need to be entered. Temperature and timer. Where should I start experimenting to dial it in so to speak do ya think?

I would start at about 210-220F, somewhere in there. Timer for 4 minutes. Take your time though and don’t just smash it. Get it all set with your parchment and just hold the puck with the plates. Then, slowly add a little pressure until you feel it starting to get harder. It’s now firmly in there, but not smashed. Start your timer. Let it heat up for about a minute. Then start slowly adding pressure and smash and wait a few seconds, rinse and repeat slowly until you get fully smashed. There will probably be time left. 4 minutes is longer than you think...LOL...anyway, that’s about how I do it...only I don’t use a timer any more. I go by sight and sound now. I love to hear it sizzling...

You’ll have no problem very shortly. A little practice makes perfect.

For me, the starting point is 210 for around 1-2 minutes works on everything so far. I’ve started pressing slower and letting the bag and bud heat up as I press more. From there I’ll experiment with temp.

What GT said shit 165deg. 180deg. Leaves more flavour and more buttery. 210deg. For more stable like chatter. Experiment you'll find whats best for you keep em pics coming. :Namaste:

Well, all this hooey about diamonds and sauce got me motivated. I started with 28 grams of Tangie and pressed 3 pucks that were in the neighborhood of 8 grams each after de-stemming. Not a great return, but I added it to about .5 gm of some Tangie I had squished a week ago. So, the last picture is what I’ll be popping my THCa Cherry with...it won’t be happening until I get some 25 micron screens. They’ve been ordered, just not here yet. Enjoy!

Ha we’re all going to be fucked up!

I would start at about 210-220F, somewhere in there. Timer for 4 minutes. Take your time though and don’t just smash it. Get it all set with your parchment and just hold the puck with the plates. Then, slowly add a little pressure until you feel it starting to get harder. It’s now firmly in there, but not smashed. Start your timer. Let it heat up for about a minute. Then start slowly adding pressure and smash and wait a few seconds, rinse and repeat slowly until you get fully smashed. There will probably be time left. 4 minutes is longer than you think...LOL...anyway, that’s about how I do it...only I don’t use a timer any more. I go by sight and sound now. I love to hear it sizzling...

You’ll have no problem very shortly. A little practice makes perfect.
Man I really appreciate the level of detail that you've gone into here. This is bookmarked.
For me, the starting point is 210 for around 1-2 minutes works on everything so far. I’ve started pressing slower and letting the bag and bud heat up as I press more. From there I’ll experiment with temp.
Excellent! Thanks.
What GT said shit 165deg. 180deg. Leaves more flavour and more buttery. 210deg. For more stable like chatter. Experiment you'll find whats best for you keep em pics coming. :Namaste:
Ahhhhh. It's like cooking then from rare to well done and depending on my preference for the end-result material, I'll "dial-in" what I like best. OMFG this is awesome!

Ahhhhh. It's like cooking then from rare to well done and depending on my preference for the end-result material, I'll "dial-in" what I like best. OMFG this is awesome!

Perfect analogy.

some bud presses better at low temps (higher temps make it hard to work with)....usually fresher bud with more moisture.

Older bud, you can extract more at higher temps, usually without loss of flavor IMO.

I have some HSO Raspberry d that was cut in feb, and some cut 10 days ago, Right now the old stuff is yielding about 24% at 200, is light brown in color, the stuff cut 10 days ago is fracturing dry at 200 degrees, but at 170, it's yielding about 20% now, not ready yet.

Ha grats! I thought you were getting the one with a wheel on top! Heard great things about the Dulytek company, I'm watching with a KEEN interest for I'm about to pull the trigger as well.
There s another guy here on the forum talking about getting the one with the wheel but I am not sure who he/she is.

There s another guy here on the forum talking about getting the one with the wheel but I am not sure who he/she is.
That idiot is me!

It will be here next week.
Cost me about $250 US inc postage.
If Im not impressed I got this and will gut the wheel section and mount in the press...
WP_20190601_13_11_31_Rich_LI.jpg
Press for Squish.jpg

Thats the press.
I got 2" x 3" 90 micron bags
. 2" x 4" 160 micron bags coming.
I have no puck press yet.
I take,it parchment paper is,silicon baking paper....got that.
Silicon mat, tick.
Rosin containers and tool, tick....

Rosin silicon kit.jpg

That idiot is me!

It will be here next week.
Cost me about $250 US inc postage.
If Im not impressed I got this and will gut the wheel section and mount in the press...
WP_20190601_13_11_31_Rich_LI.jpg
Press for Squish.jpg

Thats the press.
That press should intimidate each and every bud to give it up or else!

Its a Wheely good press.....

That one you got kicks arse, mine is cheap as chips..
Press a bud...you know you want to...
I will as soon as get mine, even if I have to go naked bud press....lol

I ordered a puck maker but it has not yet arrived and I just can't wait any longer. I want to do my first squish!

Should I just clean up the bud (stems, etc.) and press it without any compression first? Is there another method to achieve what the puck maker does?

Back
Top Bottom