Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

It depends! Right off the press no but after a few days of curing yes! I cure all my rosin now for 5-7days in a sealed glass jar. Open and the terps just hit you with a powerful punch!
I aim for a wet budder or cake badder consistency in my rosin but some will turn more solid and workable!

It depends! Right off the press no but after a few days of curing yes! I cure all my rosin now for 5-7days in a sealed glass jar. Open and the terps just hit you with a powerful punch!
I aim for a wet budder or cake badder consistency in my rosin but some will turn more solid and workable!
I'm really excited to try it man got so much kief shake trimmings to press up

Hey grandpa or gang anyone know what page to read up for building assembly of Frame and what the difference is for squeezing temps ?

You really have rosin around 5-7 days without hitting all that shit? I press every 2-3 days..

First ever squish!

Northern Light from Nirvana Seeds, harvested January 1 2020, 62%RH. Dulytek manual press.

Lots to learn and experience and change as I go, but that's part of what's fun about trying something new :)

I bought a pollen press but it's much too small for the 3 x 5" plates... only got 3g in it.

0119200123.jpg

First press was 185f and not much pressure. Output was just a tiny bit but sure love the color...

0119200201.jpg

For the second press I used the same puck folded and stacked onto itself, used the highest pressure I could get and set at 200F, an improvement in yield and darker...

0119200206.jpg

I ended up with .24g from a 3.02g puck, or 7.9%

0119200208.jpg

For the 2nd round I'll get a bigger puck maker, 190F and start off with the highest pressure. I expect yield to increase a bit.

So tomorrow night I'll try my first ever dab, oh geesh, I'm used to taking 15mg oil capsules a couple times a week, is one hit gonna launch me to neptune? lol

First ever squish!

Northern Light from Nirvana Seeds, harvested January 1 2020, 62%RH. Dulytek manual press.

Lots to learn and experience and change as I go, but that's part of what's fun about trying something new :)

I bought a pollen press but it's much too small for the 3 x 5" plates... only got 3g in it.

0119200123.jpg

First press was 185f and not much pressure. Output was just a tiny bit but sure love the color...

0119200201.jpg

For the second press I used the same puck folded and stacked onto itself, used the highest pressure I could get and set at 200F, an improvement in yield and darker...

0119200206.jpg

0119200208.jpg

For the 2nd round I'll get a bigger puck maker, 190F and start off with the highest pressure. I expect yield to increase a bit.

So tomorrow night I'll try my first ever dab, oh geesh, I'm used to taking 15mg oil capsules a couple times a week, is one hit gonna launch me to neptune? lol
You'll feel her bro easy at first man I've had stuff so strong an I think I smoke alot and hit a dab that it made me Shakey and wired that I threw up due to rush lol and coughing

Outstanding rig @Kingjoe83 I like your style. What press did you get or are you building one from scratch?

@Brian420pm yes, please be careful. Small little dab to start. I recommend Low-temp hits. I think you did quite well for a first squish... and grow! :love:

Outstanding rig @Kingjoe83 I like your style. What press did you get or are you building one from scratch?

@Brian420pm yes, please be careful. Small little dab to start. I recommend Low-temp hits. I think you did quite well for a first squish... and grow! :love:
I got gifted this unit from a member here dabpress

And bought this jack 8 ton 40$ on zon

Have a contractor willing to help built me one just need to figure rout it should be set up.

I got gifted this unit from a member here dabpress

And bought this jack 8 ton 40$ on zon

Have a contractor willing to help built me one just need to figure rout it should be set up.

Look at the A-frame or H-frame commercial units and build a similar press.

Look at the A-frame or H-frame commercial units and build a similar press.
Thanks grandpa any leads to where to look in Canada bud?

First ever squish!

0119200123.jpg

0119200201.jpg

0119200206.jpg

0119200208.jpg

I was getting the same results . Not impressive in my opinion with a 10 ton dab press and cured buds , but I haven't really had a GOOD resinous strain to try ( yet)
. I have learned that I will get more yield pressing a gram , gram and a half at half , then folding it in half and repressing it than I was attempting to press a larger puck ..(3 grams )
As I am pressing for personal use , I don't mind the time it takes but from my experience : on Friday I attempted 14.5 grams in 3 gramsish pucks and the ball of resin I retrieved is about the same size as the 3 ,1 gram pucks I did yesterday . Hope this helps !

Definately a learning curve ...and I still, Cannot wrap a puck in a bag without losing all of my resins to the bag :( so please know I am no expert! Namaste !

Q

Princess auto?
Yup looking see a a frame for 299 $ or 12 ton h hydraulic press for 220.I think .

But I got an 8 ton jack so I wonder if I could just built a h frame set up with wood metal plates to reinforce wood . See if contractor has idea

Go with welded and bolted steel. It's easier to build and stronger. You don't want the press exploding due to the pressure. This is why I recommended looking at a commercial unit. They are simple, and the DIY versions only need cutting and drilling of the metal. You can get your metal supplier to cut the pieces to length if you don't have a power tool for this. Almost everyone will have a drill.

Go with welded and bolted steel. It's easier to build and stronger. You don't want the press exploding due to the pressure. This is why I recommended looking at a commercial unit. They are simple, and the DIY versions only need cutting and drilling of the metal. You can get your metal supplier to cut the pieces to length if you don't have a power tool for this. Almost everyone will have a drill.
Yeah thanks I'll post a picture buddy of the end build bro .
.thanks for looking out grandpa Can you please post that gorilla glue 4 bud shot again please

Back
Top Bottom