Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Chat wait to build a frame for my 8 ton dab press unit. Bought a new rig ordered some glass should be here by Tuesday to try to start my tolerance back up. Been few months since have had that joy.

Pics to come

I’m thinking Saturdays and Sundays should be mandatory squishing days. Weekdays would still be optional naturally. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Valentine's Day is next month. We can all hold em, hug em, and squish the ones we love all day long! No one said one of our loves couldn't be a plant. :rofl:

Chat wait to build a frame for my 8 ton dab press unit. Bought a new rig ordered some glass should be here by Tuesday to try to start my tolerance back up. Been few months since have had that joy.

Pics to come
Can’t wait to see some pictures Joe. Glad you’re here.

@DonkeyDick just picked up a dabpress 10 ton. He’ll join us when the boat delivers the goods...
:high-five:
Thanks Bobby! That I will do. I’ll believe it when I see it (customs and unknown customs duties may yet throw a curve ball).
I’ll source a portapower locally to plug in.
It should be all set up for NZ power supply.
I’ll just need a few micron-bags for squishing.
Looking forward to joining in here!
My plan is to use rosin for more potent solventless capsules than I can make with infusions.

Thanks Bobby! That I will do. I’ll believe it when I see it (customs and unknown customs duties may yet throw a curve ball).
I’ll source a portapower locally to plug in.
It should be all set up for NZ power supply.
I’ll just need a few micron-bags for squishing.
Looking forward to joining in here!
My plan is to use rosin for more potent solventless capsules than I can make with infusions.
I got some I can send you that I was gifted a big bag can get you going maybe ? Not sure what size micro bags they are

I got some I can send you that I was gifted a big bag can get you going maybe ? Not sure what size micro bags they are
Wow man that’s beyond cool!
I’m not fool enough any more to refuse help when it’s offered.
This is very kind of you.
Let me PM my post deets..

Wow man that’s beyond cool!
I’m not fool enough any more to refuse help when it’s offered.
This is very kind of you.
Let me PM my post deets..
Sounds good I'll see what I have for bags

Buddy your gorilla glue big man congrats thong is epic brotha

Wait what? I had to reread that...

Dude, I don’t wear thongs anymore...damned things kept getting tangled in my butt hairs... :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wait what? I had to reread that...

Dude, I don’t wear thongs anymore...damned things kept getting tangled in my butt hairs... :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley:
I re edited my bad. Grandpa lazy Joe

So... thoughts on decarbing herb pre-press?
Not scientific, but I feel my dab is mo bettah when I use decarb'd bud.

Interested in hearing the responses. Not sure why that would be, I thought with Rosin in a dab rig is fired by the heat of the banger.

What are your yields like? It could be due to the reduced moisture content.

Have you tried de-carbing after pressing? This is my approach for making capsules.

Have you tried de-carbing after pressing? This is my approach for making capsules.

Mine approach also. But it is interesting, so you decarb, press and consume. But then there is the pucks for making FECO, Interesting.
Could it be that with the higher moisture you are picking up more lipids, fats, chlorophyll and the like.

I re edited my bad. Grandpa lazy Joe

LOL! I’m just kidding bud.

Ive never tried that. Interesting. I also decarb rosin.

Interested in hearing the responses. Not sure why that would be, I thought with Rosin in a dab rig is fired by the heat of the banger.
You are correct.

Not sure why that would be

Me either. Can't for the life of me imagine why. I run the plates at 190f during pressing and as you mention... the dab rig is gonna be red hot, so.... yup.... I'm confused... but it's not like that's unusual or anything.

About 20%. Not great... not bad. Some strain variation in output, but not much.
I don't formally decarb post-press, but I do melt it down under a low heat on a double boiler setup. I get some foamy bubbles usually and just let it go for a bit till the bubbles subside.

Could it be that with the higher moisture you are picking up more lipids, fats, chlorophyll and the like.
Hmmm.....
Moisture you say. Perhaps you've hit upon a working theory. I live in New Orleans and the humidity is almost always above 60% and recently has been above 90% for several days.....
View media item 1744989(hydro puck tops out at 90)

Back
Top Bottom