Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Notice the resemblance? :battingeyelashes:

It's the GDP S1 clone from that same reveg above, and it looks like it got pollinated. Here's both of the main colas on the first GDP S1 mothers (there's two in there):

Those turn dark purple at the end. I'm hoping that this GDP S1 x GDP f3 father does too:

I'm gonna let it go as long as I can, and if any of the main leaves are still alive on it I'll see.

It looks like some of the pollen sacs did turn purple for you! I do not think I have seen any color on any of other GDP males you have used.

There were a few purple lines on the last father's pollen sacs, but no purple in it or any of the female plants I pollinated with it (that's why I put the results of that to the side and decided to try backcrosses here). I hope the next father has even more purple.

There were a few purple lines on the last father's pollen sacs, but no purple in it or any of the female plants I pollinated with it (that's why I put the results of that to the side and decided to try backcrosses here). I hope the next father has even more purple.
Yeah that would be great. I think the purple has been a hard trait to lock into the line. i think that is why all of the newer GDP seeds that get released tend to turn out green. I think you should really look at Mass Medical Strains Star Pupil and Grape Pupil. The Grape Pupil seems like something that would be awesome to cross to one of your purple GDP females if you could find a nice purple to reverse.

Yeah that would be great. I think the purple has been a hard trait to lock into the line. i think that is why all of the newer GDP seeds that get released tend to turn out green. I think you should really look at Mass Medical Strains Star Pupil and Grape Pupil. The Grape Pupil seems like something that would be awesome to cross to one of your purple GDP females if you could find a nice purple to reverse.
I'll be popping grape pupil soon. I got a pack of a star pupil x unknown indica call indicator. Have you seen that one yeti?

I'll be popping grape pupil soon. I got a pack of a star pupil x unknown indica call indicator. Have you seen that one yeti?
If I have it was on their IG feed and do not remember it. He gave out a bunch of different freebies in the last year. His Star Pupil x Weapon X looked fantastic. Graytail has been growing out his Goji Pupil and seems to really like it. I think they would be worth a try.

If I have it was on their IG feed and do not remember it. He gave out a bunch of different freebies in the last year. His Star Pupil x Weapon X looked fantastic. Graytail has been growing out his Goji Pupil and seems to really like it. I think they would be worth a try.
I tried to find it everywhere, no luck. Hopefully it will show some color like star pupil. Thanks brother!

I tried to find it everywhere, no luck. Hopefully it will show some color like star pupil. Thanks brother!
You're welcome bud! A lot of Pupil crosses show at least some color. Some of the "green" phenos even have colors inside the buds when you bust them open from what I have seen and read.

Seems like most of the GDP out there now don't get purple. Hope you find one that will! :passitleft:

I hope I manage to breed out something that stays purple. I'm starting to wonder if it's even a possibility. Maybe purple is some recessive thing that always goes back to normal.
Here's my two Grand Daddy Purple fem freebie plants:

The one's pretty thick; I should try to get the other one up under the light further.

I hope I manage to breed out something that stays purple. I'm starting to wonder if it's even a possibility. Maybe purple is some recessive thing that always goes back to normal.
Here's my two Grand Daddy Purple fem freebie plants:

The one's pretty thick; I should try to get the other one up under the light further.

Very nice and thick.

Thanks. The more I look at them both, the more I think they have potential for some color. The inner leaves are a dark color green that I've seen turn purple before. The shade leaves look a little iffy, though.

Are ya going to drop the air temp at night to induce purple color to come out?

Back
Top Bottom