Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

That is one of the funkiest buds I have ever seen Chimp! That plant you are going to reveg is gorgeous! I need some GDP like that in my life :laughtwo: There are two GDP seed Strains i want and the only American seedbank I can find that carry Ken's gear is out. I sent an email asking when they would get it and I havent heard back. It is ignorant how much they want for his gear overseas!

Tell me about it I tried to get Mr. Nice's Neville's Haze seeds and another breeder's original Haze seeds (supposedly verified) but both companies only sell ten seed packets and I don't want to spend 150 bucks on one strain and 160 on the other.
I'm going to be starting more GDP S1 seeds soon. I think if I plant ten seeds I should get at least two more whorled plants.

$150 is not terrible for 10 seeds but it is still on the high side. Have you ever looked at Dynasty genetics? I think you would like their gear. They have some really nice offerings. Their packs are $100 for 10 or 11 seeds and most phenos seem to be at least someones keeper material. Ken's seeds are about $180-$200 over seas and that is before the stupid amount to ship them and most banks are not using credit cards now and wiring money isnt cheap either. I would rather buy 2 Dynasty packs or multiple packs from Thug Pug or Dungeon vault. Second generation genetics seems to be putting out nice gear too. It is run by DJ Short's son JD. I have not seen any super heavy haze strains other than ones that Dynasty uses Super Silver Haze in. They have a super silver blue magoo they just released that looks really nice and so does their mega fauna.

You know it might be worth trying to reveg that freak... Sometimes polyploids can be something really special. You can make them using some really toxic shit called Colchicine. Them old ads about growing 100-pound tomatoes, and 100-poun peppers, and other freaks. They do the same with pot. Ofcourse you can't smoke that generation, but you can from it's seed. Something to do with chromosomes splitting that runs amuck. Sorry if this is a repeat,,, I look at pics ya know. Hard when you can't read,,, jk kind of... And has anyone gave ya this link?
Post your Polyploids
Look up polyploids on the net and theres a picture of your plant.. Well some are,, a true one is...
Like I said,, she might be special........ I know your looking for a certian pheno,, but if you have space,, could be that diamond..

GL and Keepem Green

$150 is not terrible for 10 seeds but it is still on the high side. Have you ever looked at Dynasty genetics? I think you would like their gear. They have some really nice offerings. Their packs are $100 for 10 or 11 seeds and most phenos seem to be at least someones keeper material. Ken's seeds are about $180-$200 over seas and that is before the stupid amount to ship them and most banks are not using credit cards now and wiring money isnt cheap either. I would rather buy 2 Dynasty packs or multiple packs from Thug Pug or Dungeon vault. Second generation genetics seems to be putting out nice gear too. It is run by DJ Short's son JD. I have not seen any super heavy haze strains other than ones that Dynasty uses Super Silver Haze in. They have a super silver blue magoo they just released that looks really nice and so does their mega fauna.
I have some second generation genetics vegging right now. I also bought a couple of packages of their other strains for my seed vault. Hopefully they will turn out to be a good breeder. I can get them at a dispensary here for 80$ a pack of 13 reg seeds

I have some second generation genetics vegging right now. I also bought a couple of packages of their other strains for my seed vault. Hopefully they will turn out to be a good breeder. I can get them at a dispensary here for 80$ a pack of 13 reg seeds

Nice! That is not bad. There is a site that has 14 packs for $70 and you get a pack of 7 freebies. What di you have vegging? Their BlueberryLand looks really nice and so does their purple terps.

Nice! That is not bad. There is a site that has 14 packs for $70 and you get a pack of 7 freebies. What di you have vegging? Their BlueberryLand looks really nice and so does their purple terps.
I have 13 purple terps going right now. Also got a pack of GG x Blueberry and a pack of Chernobyl X Blueberry. The gave me a freebie 5 pack of space dawg x Blueberry too .

I have 13 purple terps going right now. Also got a pack of GG x Blueberry and a pack of Chernobyl X Blueberry. The gave me a freebie 5 pack of space dawg x Blueberry too .

Blueberry land looks great too, but it wasn't available at my dispensary yet. Have you looked at their IG pages. They look great

That chernobyl x blueberry sounds really nice! I hope you get some winners out of the purple terps! I follow them on IG and they have some really nice looking strains. I have debated on buying their bb-land but just cant bring myself to yet. I have so many strains to run and no time to do it as it :laughtwo:

Tell me about it I tried to get Mr. Nice's Neville's Haze seeds and another breeder's original Haze seeds (supposedly verified) but both companies only sell ten seed packets and I don't want to spend 150 bucks on one strain and 160 on the other.
I'm going to be starting more GDP S1 seeds soon. I think if I plant ten seeds I should get at least two more whorled plants.

I totally get that. Its not about the price per seed that gets me....especially on a strain that you want. But if its a strain I want but have never tried, I don't necessarily want to be forced into buying a 10 pack for 150 or more. Sensi seeds Jack Herer fell into that category for me. I have never smoked Jack Herer, let alone grown it...so I don't know that I am going to like it enough to go pheno hunting. They finally started selling smaller packs now....so I ordered a 3-pack. I can try the strain, see if it does what I want it to do and see if I like it as much as I think I will.....and then after I determine its a keeper strain I can buy more seeds and look for a keeper. I know some people break price down by seed but honestly I don't care the per seed cost. If its supposed to be a great strain and has potential medicinally for me, I don't have an issue shelling out 20 bucks to try a seed. I just don't want to drop the better part of 2 bills in order to try a strain.

I totally get that. Its not about the price per seed that gets me....especially on a strain that you want. But if its a strain I want but have never tried, I don't necessarily want to be forced into buying a 10 pack for 150 or more. Sensi seeds Jack Herer fell into that category for me. I have never smoked Jack Herer, let alone grown it...so I don't know that I am going to like it enough to go pheno hunting. They finally started selling smaller packs now....so I ordered a 3-pack. I can try the strain, see if it does what I want it to do and see if I like it as much as I think I will.....and then after I determine its a keeper strain I can buy more seeds and look for a keeper. I know some people break price down by seed but honestly I don't care the per seed cost. If its supposed to be a great strain and has potential medicinally for me, I don't have an issue shelling out 20 bucks to try a seed. I just don't want to drop the better part of 2 bills in order to try a strain.

I tend to break the price of seeds down into price per seed. I also do not have an issue spending the $20 for a seed if I know it will be what I want. You have it right though about spending 200+/- for a pack of seeds that you may not want. I had a chance to buy a cut of Purple Punch and a cut of Key Lime Pie, both really nice strains but the people want $250 for both. I feel like 125 a cut is a bit steep. Especially when it is unknown if they are clean and pest/disease free. I stick to running seeds to try and avoid bringing issues home so to speak, but finding the pheno you want is harder that way.

I tend to break the price of seeds down into price per seed. I also do not have an issue spending the $20 for a seed if I know it will be what I want. You have it right though about spending 200+/- for a pack of seeds that you may not want. I had a chance to buy a cut of Purple Punch and a cut of Key Lime Pie, both really nice strains but the people want $250 for both. I feel like 125 a cut is a bit steep. Especially when it is unknown if they are clean and pest/disease free. I stick to running seeds to try and avoid bringing issues home so to speak, but finding the pheno you want is harder that way.

Is that the price for a clone?? I have never tried to buy a clone so I have no idea of the market for them. That seems insane to me.

Is that the price for a clone?? I have never tried to buy a clone so I have no idea of the market for them. That seems insane to me.

That is what they want for a clone is 125 each. I usually see clones go for between $5 and $25 depending on who you get them from, how many you get and what the strain is. Both the Key Lime Pie and the Purple Punch are killer strains but I cannot bring myself to spend it yet. Symbiotic Genetics sells Purple Punch 2.0 seeds for 200 for a ten pack of regs though and you are not guaranteed to get as nice of a cut out of them as I can get for that 125 though. I also know the guy that has it paid $500 for both cuts so he is charging less than he paid and is not being overly greedy I suppose.

That is what they want for a clone is 125 each. I usually see clones go for between $5 and $25 depending on who you get them from, how many you get and what the strain is. Both the Key Lime Pie and the Purple Punch are killer strains but I cannot bring myself to spend it yet. Symbiotic Genetics sells Purple Punch 2.0 seeds for 200 for a ten pack of regs though and you are not guaranteed to get as nice of a cut out of them as I can get for that 125 though. I also know the guy that has it paid $500 for both cuts so he is charging less than he paid and is not being overly greedy I suppose.

Ok, that makes more sense. I couldn't possibly fathom that the going rate for clones was that high. I figured 10-25 bucks per clone depending on the strain and what not. Had me rethinking my future profession there for a minute or two if people were silly enough to have the going rate of clones that high.

I mean I suppose if you get a good clone and keep it around and take cutting and produce them out and they yield well with good product, its kind of irrelevant. I mean I sold some of my blue kush to some guys I work with that tried it and loved it so I am sure that its pretty easy to recoup your money if you wanted to.

Ok, that makes more sense. I couldn't possibly fathom that the going rate for clones was that high. I figured 10-25 bucks per clone depending on the strain and what not. Had me rethinking my future profession there for a minute or two if people were silly enough to have the going rate of clones that high.

I mean I suppose if you get a good clone and keep it around and take cutting and produce them out and they yield well with good product, its kind of irrelevant. I mean I sold some of my blue kush to some guys I work with that tried it and loved it so I am sure that its pretty easy to recoup your money if you wanted to.
The Purple Punch is big right now. With a few companies using it in a lot of crosses. There are some gorgeous examples of her being grown on InstaGram. I know who the cut came from and their Punch is one of the nicest I have seen pics of. It would pay for itself with not having to search for a keeper but it is real steep to throw down on something that could ruin your grow.

I'm going to have to get control of this mess 'cause color is a trait that's going all over the place :(
This is the closest GDP S1 I have that resembles a plant I kept for a long time:

0023505.JPG

Because it has the color, I'm going to use it as one of the next generation mothers when I reveg it. This one doesn't have the color, but it's going to be a second GDP S1 next generation mother also:

0033349.JPG

That should work. Oh, here's a third GDP S1:

0013668.JPG

All of those mothers I seeded look pretty good, but not as frosty as the S1s; could be because of the lower intensity lighting.

I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill..... :straightface:
All 4 GDP mothers:

0013670.JPG

Between flowering these under such a low wattage (plus non HID) bulb and virtually no grow time, it's hard to tell what the mothers would have looked like. I can tell if they have colors, though. Some of them are keeping it and some of them aren't.
GDP (less haired mother) f3:

0033351.JPG

GDP S1 (more haired mother):

0043128.JPG

I'm thinking that these whorled GDP S1s just might have something to them like you were saying, Norcaliwood. Here's the one I put in after I couldn't get it to put out male flowers with CS; it's pretty frosty:

0023507.JPG

Here's the GDP S1 I put in originally along with the other 2 GDP mothers:

0052916.JPG

I think I'm going to spend the Fall and Winter working on all this. For a start, I'll do 10 GDP S1 seeds again as soon as I get an open space.

Back
Top Bottom