Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

I've collected some pollen from my little male. Getting ready to flip couple jtr's and some others. Do you think I can just use a paint brush on a couple of branches, or would it seed out the whole plant

I think 85% of the pictures here have a hair in them. I know mine do.. But if it's my hair,, it's a long one...

Keepem Green

I've collected some pollen from my little male. Getting ready to flip couple jtr's and some others. Do you think I can just use a paint brush on a couple of branches, or would it seed out the whole plant

I've never tried it with a paintbrush, but I imagine it would work the same as what I do. On those rare occasions I don't do a full plant pollination I've used kyoo-tips and was successful.

I've never tried it with a paintbrush, but I imagine it would work the same as what I do. On those rare occasions I don't do a full plant pollination I've used kyoo-tips and was successful.

Do you ever just let the males pollinate the girls on their own? That was going to be my intent on my first attempt at cross breeding a strain. I was going to put the male in the middle and the three or four girls around him and let things happen naturally. Is that not a good idea?

Do you ever just let the males pollinate the girls on their own? That was going to be my intent on my first attempt at cross breeding a strain. I was going to put the male in the middle and the three or four girls around him and let things happen naturally. Is that not a good idea?

That's the way I do pollinations in my breeding projects; one male in between one to four females.

That's the way I do pollinations in my breeding projects; one male in between one to four females.

Ok, good to know. I figured it would be ok if not the best way to do it if you aren't looking to harvest any of the bud per say. Now another question for you PC....Do you do anything with your bud when you do your breeding projects?

i know you asked Chimp but IMO so long as you dont spray a plant with a silver solution to reverse it then the bud is fine to smoke.

Ok, good to know. I wasn't really planning on doing much if any training on the strains I was going to cross, but now for fun I might do just a little to promote a touch more growth.

Ok, so now the next question.....Do I let the buds that have been pollinated go all the way to the normal harvest time with trichomes? Or will that hurt the seeds. I haven't researched the fine details enough yet, but it was my next step now that most of my initial harvest is over and I need to start thinking about the next flower which will be the breeding.

I don't harvest until the seed mother plant looks almost dead; about as long as it would go without being pollinated. Yeah, I toss the CS treated buds in the trash myself, and as a matter of fact I'm smoking a blunt of the last GDP mother plants I jarred up right now. It sucks tilting the tray, scooping the seeds over and over, and watching them roll down it reminds me of the brown weed days..... :(

I remember the time I used a cotton ball to pollinate my Thai Stick plant the first time I patted one of the flowers a lil' dust cloud rolled off the cotton ball :( that cloud nailed a few things in that tent too but not too bad just a seed or two here and there in an occasional bud.

When I use to make seed, first remove the mother plant from the rest and away from air movement, then I'd take an artist brush and pollinate a lower bud. Then I'd take a plain white envelope and staple it around the bud. Wait acouple days then remove the envelope then spray with plain water to 'deactivate' the pollen. This way you can pollenate the same plant with more than one male. Make sure to label the bud with something like a wire or something. Be very careful with your pollen.. You don't want rouge pollen drifting around if you don't want a problem later. Remember pollen stays viable for a LONG time................
The little ones are growing up I'd imagine. And you sure should have enough there to find some good ones.. Drive by, Keepem Green

Just like back in the 70's/80's when bags were chucked full of seeds.
I was smoking seeded weed up until about 2010. I still know people that will only buy commercial weed :laughtwo:
Ok, good to know. I wasn't really planning on doing much if any training on the strains I was going to cross, but now for fun I might do just a little to promote a touch more growth.

Ok, so now the next question.....Do I let the buds that have been pollinated go all the way to the normal harvest time with trichomes? Or will that hurt the seeds. I haven't researched the fine details enough yet, but it was my next step now that most of my initial harvest is over and I need to start thinking about the next flower which will be the breeding.

As Chimp said run about as long as normal. I see a few people that may even run a week or two longer just to be sure. You will some times see seeds popping out of calyxes or even falling out of buds when they are mature. Some will take small bud samples before they cut just to make sure the seeds are viable and not still green and developing. Best of luck with your breeding :thumb:

Grand Daddy Purple f2 clones (same mother); chopped today:

0013581.JPG
0023438.JPG
0033280.JPG
0043069.JPG

Back
Top Bottom