Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hey now that's good news! I get confused when that stuff happens. Some plants just do that I guess. She's going to be some pretty plant!
It's certainly been confusing for me.

Their momma did edit: NOT do that at the end. But then again, I had to take down their momma early because of an onslaught of spider mites, so she may have had some changes in store but just never got to show them.

No idea what is going on with yours, but when mine turn yellow with purple on the edges and a downward curl, it's a sign of phosphorus deficiency. It can be caused by an actual deficiency, lockout from a toxicity of calcium, or pH that is out of balance.

Curled up edges are often light stress.
:eek: Thanks, Shed.

They're being fed MegaCrop @ 6g per gallon. :ciao:
Normally I would tell you to do a slurry test since you are feeding at the high end of MC. I have a feeling it would fall on deaf ears though judging from your previous statements about it. So I'm not saying a thing about that...nope.... not a single thing. ;)

I've had my pH skewed from MC at high doses. I ended up adding quick acting lime because the MC acidified my soil into the low 5s. I only discovered this because I did some sciencey test...shucks...can't remember what the test was called now.
I remember mixing dirt with water though and sticking a meter in to read it.

I hope that me being a bit of a smart-ass helps??
Love you :green_heart:

Normally I would tell you to do a slurry test since you are feeding at the high end of MC. I have a feeling it would fall on deaf ears though judging from your previous statements about it. So I'm not saying a thing about that...nope.... not a single thing. ;)

I've had my pH skewed from MC at high doses. I ended up adding quick acting lime because the MC acidified my soil into the low 5s. I only discovered this because I did some sciencey test...shucks...can't remember what the test was called now.
I remember mixing dirt with water though and sticking a meter in to read it.

I hope that me being a bit of a smart-ass helps??
Love you :green_heart:
Thanks to @Carcass, @InTheShed, @MrSauga and @Virgin Ground I can't get a certain song out of my head.

That is, after I replace one of the words!

Thanks folks for gently trying to get through this thick skull. :Rasta:

I don't have a lot of time left to piddle with these plants, maybe another 4-5 weeks at most I would guess (please let me know if you disagree). So VG's suggestion that contained the words "quick acting" jumped out at me.

I will knock the dust off of my PH meter. But I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the solution to what it will tell me will be to add some "quick acting" lime. So I'll be headed to the hydro store (or somewhere) to get some forthwith.

Again, thanks.

Thanks to @Carcass, @InTheShed, @MrSauga and @Virgin Ground I can't get a certain song out of my head.

That is, after I replace one of the words!

Thanks folks for gently trying to get through this thick skull. :Rasta:

I don't have a lot of time left to piddle with these plants, maybe another 4-5 weeks at most I would guess (please let me know if you disagree). So VG's suggestion that contained the words "quick acting" jumped out at me.

I will knock the dust off of my PH meter. But I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the solution to what it will tell me will be to add some "quick acting" lime. So I'll be headed to the hydro store (or somewhere) to get some forthwith.

Again, thanks.
Well that didn't go as planned. I embedded the wrong video.

I had been prepping to do a smoke report and the weed is good. Things went haywire! :ganjamon:

Okay, here is the intended VIDEO.

What version of MC do you have?

I had the one before this give me issues in flower with my Kalashnikov. Sauga gave me some special recipes to get her through to flower. It was cal-mag and pk boosters.
Depending upon which version you have you may be having issues similar to what I was seeing.

I should have thought to ask you earlier but I'm a bit foggy in the brain this a.m.

What version of MC do you have?

I had the one before this give me issues in flower with my Kalashnikov. Sauga gave me some special recipes to get her through to flower. It was cal-mag and pk boosters.
Depending upon which version you have you may be having issues similar to what I was seeing.

I should have thought to ask you earlier but I'm a bit foggy in the brain this a.m.
I have the "gray stuff" that @Carcass refers to, whichever version that is. I've been giving them calmag and Terpinator over the past few weeks. I really think it's the soil that's mucked up, not the nutes.

That must have been you I passed on the way to the fog department! :ganjamon:

I have the "gray stuff" that @Carcass refers to, whichever version that is. I've been giving them calmag and Terpinator over the past few weeks. I really think it's the soil that's mucked up, not the nutes.

That must have been you I passed on the way to the fog department! :ganjamon:
Yup, that was me. :smokin:

The version that I had that gave me issues was the gray with no balls version that came out in early 2020.
It wouldn't dissolve or stay in suspension. I ended up with a sandbar at the bottom of the pail no matter what I did.
It was also 10x worse than the brown version for sucking up moisture.

Yup, that was me. :smokin:

The version that I had that gave me issues was the gray with no balls version that came out in early 2020.
It wouldn't dissolve or stay in suspension. I ended up with a sandbar at the bottom of the pail no matter what I did.
It was also 10x worse than the brown version for sucking up moisture.
That sounds sorta' like mine. Though I wouldn't say it has no balls, just much tinier balls than what I had before. I do always end up with light sludge at the bottom of the bucket. I always just give it a good stir before using it.

I remember the numerous discussions about the diff. versions of MC and how the information on the bag might not even be changed to reflect the differences between one version and another.

Never being sure when I bought mine or what version I might have, those talks used to make my eyeballs melt and cause me to toke much more! :)

If your pH is high, I was instructed that the best and fastest way to lower it is to use a nutrient with a much higher percentage of ammoniacal nitrogen for two or three waterings. I use GrowMore 20-10-20 orchid fertilizer. It was $10 at my local nursery. As a matter of fact, that's what I used for my last watering as one of my plants (on flip day 29) looks similar to yours.

Lime raises the pH of the medium when it's blended at the factory rather than lowering it.

If your pH is high, I was instructed that the best and fastest way to lower it is to use a nutrient with a much higher percentage of ammoniacal nitrogen for two or three waterings. I use GrowMore 20-10-20 orchid fertilizer. It was $10 at my local nursery. As a matter of fact, that's what I used for my last watering as one of my plants (on flip day 29) looks similar to yours.

Lime raises the pH of the medium when it's blended at the factory rather than lowering it.
:eek: Thanks, Shed.

Care to go for the trifecta? :)

Hello growers.

My brain hurts. I'm about to sit here and try to get back to that 70's vibe.

Hell, I might miss Monday Night Football.

@Carcass, can you get your Monday update posted before I zone out! Please. :bongrip:

If your pH turns out to be high, bring this picture with you to the plant store:

81qqihklE0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Save your brain for football.

If your pH turns out to be high, bring this picture with you to the plant store:

81qqihklE0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Save your brain for football.
Now I'm beginning to see the big picture. :laugh:

@Carcass, can you get your Monday update posted before I zone out! Please. :bongrip:
Sorry, GDB- I was babysitting when I usually do my update, so it was a bit late...
But here's the cliff notes version: Same ol' plants, but a little bigger fatter than last week... :)

Back
Top Bottom