Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

sssssshh the secret to plastic pots is not letting them sit directly on the drip pan

IMG_20240909_065521029.jpg
Is that what that pic is supposed to be showing me, Chris?šŸ§

Should watering a plant in a plastic pot really be this radically different from watering one in a fabric pot?
With occasional rain you may not need to water for a while in a plastic pot. Without evaporation from the sides a little water can go a long way. And if Stella were a bigger plant you would definitely be watering more often. I'm confused by how slowly mine are drinking this summer because they're smaller than my previous grows.

I like Otter's suggestion of keeping the top roots happy!

With occasional rain you may not need to water for a while in a plastic pot. Without evaporation from the sides a little water can go a long way. And if Stella were a bigger plant you would definitely be watering more often. I'm confused by how slowly mine are drinking this summer because they're smaller than my previous grows.

I like Otter's suggestion of keeping the top roots happy!
Thanks Stone and Shed. I gave her a liter of Recharge yesterday. (It hadn't changed her leaf posture by this morning.) That single liter produced run-off!

---------------------------

I feel like I've entered the Fraternity of Benevolent Growers.

Who else would stick with this motley crew of discontents? :straightface:
P2 clones 9-10-24 F61 tent.JPG

The Fat Kid's Cake (tan pot) seems to have slowed her yellowing and is now beginning to go into more of a natural fade, with some of her leaves now showing a purple tint. I still don't know why she started yellowing in the first place. I kinda' suspect that her soil was too compacted and maybe a lack of oxygen played a role in her inability to take in something she needed. I'm past the point of caring and all I want to do it get her to the end, dead or alive. :)

The 3 Cosmic Lights clones, well, they are an enigma wrapped in a puzzle. If you've been here for a while you already know how they've been acting. I won't rehash.

But this about the CLs: They smell great, a fruity bouquet that's really pleasant!

None of them have standard colas. They seem to push out fox tails only!
CL clone 9-10-24 F61 fox tails.JPG

If you know of anyone whose feeling down about their grow, link them to this one! They'll feel better. :straightface:

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE

Thanks Stone and Shed. I gave her a liter of Recharge yesterday. (It hadn't changed her leaf posture by this morning.) That single liter produced run-off!

The Fat Kid's Cake (tan pot) seems to have slowed her yellowing and is now beginning to go into more of a natural fade, with some of her leaves now showing a purple tint. I still don't know why she started yellowing in the first place. I kinda' suspect that her soil was too compacted and maybe a lack of oxygen played a role in her inability to take in something she needed. I'm past the point of caring and all I want to do it get her to the end, dead or alive. :)

The 3 Cosmic Lights clones, well, they are an enigma wrapped in a puzzle. If you've been here for a while you already know how they've been acting. I won't rehash.

But this about the CLs: They smell great, a fruity bouquet that's really pleasant!

If you know of anyone whose feeling down about their grow, link them to this one! They'll feel better. :straightface:

PEACE
Dispite the issues those buds on all of your plants actually look good (to me anyways)

PEACE
I think your plants look good. šŸ‹

Dispite the issues those buds on all of your plants actually look good (to me anyways)
Thanks con. I agree they do have some appeal. :Rasta:
Bookmarked. :thanks:
Ha! I'd love to know what label you put on the bookmark! Then again, maybe I don't wanna' know. :)

šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļøErrrrrrry day of the week.
Another Benevolent grower! :Rasta:
I think your plants look good. šŸ‹
Thanks Keith!

I hope you're paying close attention. You definitely need to bone up on how to go about growing a small plant! :Rasta:
I think they look good too! In the beginning we look to fresh growth to see that it's right. In the end we look to buds! Yours look right! :woohoo:
Thanks Stone, and I agree it's the end that matters!

It's sometimes necessary to ignore all the potholes & detours along the way and just be glad that you reached your destination! :Rasta:
Otter is right Buds look just fine , leaves not so much ,But you don't smoke them anyway DO YOU ??
Thanks Smoke. I do not smoke the leaves as a rule. But, the way the CL buds are forming I may end up having to smoke some this time! I know I ain't gonna' have the patience to trim them all away! :Rasta:
You have a lot of good bud on those plants. :thumb: šŸ‹
Thanks again, Keith!

------------------------

SEPTEMBER 14TH UPDATE

I was down in the pit tending to the clones at around 11pm last night. As I watered them and gazed upon them, I realized that I was not unhappy!

Even though I have complained mightily about this group, they give me something to do and lots to think about! And, I will admit that the wacko CLs have my curiosity peaked. How will they smoke?

I'd like for my journals to always have a positive slant even when things are not going as well as I'd like. What I don't want is to have a journal that always seems to be providing negative content about the plants. That's stale, IMO.

So that's me starting out on a positive note, which is important because...

The remote Cosmic Lights at LB's place is officially screwed!

The Backdrop:

A few weeks ago LB and his wife took a vacation. They spent about 10 days at Virginia Beach and flew from there to spend another week in Atlanta (crazy, right?).

Anyway, LB made arrangements with his daughter to come over and water the plants "periodically," whatever the hell that means. He said I could coordinate with her if I wanted to come down and feed or otherwise tend to the plant. (I didn't do that and now I'm regretting that choice.)

Long story short, LB got back sometime this week. He called me on Thursday, saying that something had happened to the plant. He said he had a pic but hadn't sent it to me because he wanted to talk to me first. (And of course, I then knew some bad shit had happened.) He sent the pic yesterday. (The pic was sent in a format I could not upload to 420 so I had to take a pic of his pic off of my computer screen.)

Remote CL 9-13-24.JPG

Rot. A lot.

There's prolly a caterpillar on her (or a family of them). LB also admitted that he doesn't know know if his daughter had been watering the plant or how often. "We were having so much fun that I never checked with her."

Our conversation went downhill from there. I blamed him for not sending me pics so I could keep up with what was going on. (He hadn't sent me a pic for about 10 days prior to leaving on his trip.) He, in turn, claimed that I abandoned the plant and stopped coming over to see her. (Despite the fact that he's been out of town.)

Luckily, we are the very best of friends. Profanity-laced accusations flew back and forth, interrupted only by bursts of laughter.

In the end, he had the nerve to ask me if he should remove the rotted parts! That question was met with a less-than-tactful affirmative response. But then as if to ice the cake, he asked me if he should spray the plant with some BT spray. That one really set me off. I invented some new curse words to answer yes to that one and then told him what to do with the spray bottle after he finished on the plant! šŸ˜

The plant still has a little something left to give, maybe. That rot could be spreading still, even though LB removed the obvious goners.

I'll tell you, despite the disappointment this news brings, this experience with LB is the stuff that makes life so much fun! :green_heart:

-----------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE

Well its not like you don't have weed to smoke , and a lesson learnt is always good for the soul ! Trim and continue growing her out ,, Looking at the pic I see there is a night time light right beside the plant I don't think thats good for photosynthesis.
Thanks Smoke! I have never paid attention to that little light! Thanks so much for pointing it out. I'll ask LB about it for sure. :thanks:

Hello all.

I made it over to LB's place today and it's official -- the remote Cosmic Lights is done. Although she has little blotches of green remaining, nothing good will come from this plant.
Remote CL 9-17-24 OBIT.JPG

She's been ravaged by boytrytis and it continues to spread to the few areas it hasn't already reached. The very tops of the plants will be the last to get it, I guess.
Remote CL 9-17-24 END progression.JPG

A shame really. I think she "coulda' been a contenda!"
Remote CL 9-17-24 END bud.JPG

LB and I both dropped the ball on this one. (And suspect his daughter did too! I'm nearly certain she was underwatered, at least recently.) And I suspect that over time, when she was watered she was "really" watered, meaning that the plant itself was soaked and allowed to remain wet. I could list several other things that we went about in the wrong way but it's a done deal. We live and learn. :Rasta:

Thanks for your interest and support in our little joint venture.

Maybe the next time we'll get it right!

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom