Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Mine had a ton of little short sugar leaves. They never got as frosty as these though. That 8bk sure looks like a sativa too. Is it sativa Dom? For some reason when I hear kush I think of a full on Indy but that's probably not even close to reality.

Mine had a ton of little short sugar leaves. They never got as frosty as these though. That 8bk sure looks like a sativa too. Is it sativa Dom? For some reason when I hear kush I think of a full on Indy but that's probably not even close to reality.

With the HB gear and the 11/13 photoperiod, pretty much everything comes out Sativa. Shoot, I ran a pure landrace indica for the cup and they recategorized it as a hybrid.

Some theorize that everything started Sativa and then adapted to other climates and became Indica, etc.

But I'll say this for sure: If the 1960's featured indica strains, pot wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is now. The slap-happy, munchie, slightly psychedelic sativas paved the way.

That sounds yummy Scrubby :). I'm super excited for the SLH I have going now. Although if she doesn't slow her roll soon she's gonna get a couple broken legs but I'm trying to avoid it . I have another foot and a half or so to spare so maybe I won't need too.

With the HB gear and the 11/13 photoperiod, pretty much everything comes out Sativa. Shoot, I ran a pure landrace indica for the cup and they recategorized it as a hybrid.

Some theorize that everything started Sativa and then adapted to other climates and became Indica, etc.

But I'll say this for sure: If the 1960's featured indica strains, pot wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is now. The slap-happy, munchie, slightly psychedelic sativas paved the way.

Have you read about the aquatic sativas they found off the coast of Greece? Pretty neat :)

Very interesting theory. I'm not complaining one bit I could only get good indica for years and sativas are just so much more fun.

Does anyone have any recommendations for one of those crazy landrace sativas that we can get from a seed bank? I have some "landrace Columbian gold" but it's from WOS and I'm not sure I want to put in that much time to grow something they messed with.

Are u sure those first two pics sure do look like bd to me :)

I'm sure man...lol. I'm gonna try really hard to get some decent pics tomorrow a.m.

Bd has those weird shaped leaf tips...from what ive noticed in pics...or I could just be an idiot! Lol

You're right man, and I don't think you're an idiot. :)

It's a hybrid that's a cross between Afghan and Pakistan. This is from Barney's: "Barneys Farm 8-Ball Kush is a mostly indica marijuana cross from the Barney's Farm seed collection. The origin of this strain goes to the Afghan and Pakistan mountains. Over years, Barney's Farm's seed breeders tried to combine the best qualities from the both parents in order to create an easy growing cannabis with heavy bud production. "

All the others of this strain I've grown leaned heavily to the Indica in structure, but I think Doc's onto it with the fact HB drags the sativa out of most strains. That's certainly the case here. The buds are little f'n rocks glazed in candied sugar.

I got some tangerine kush from rare dankness and theyre advertised as 70/30 ind/sat. Cant wait to give those some love :)

I absolutely love everything I've seen from rare dankeness. Those beans should be full of fire man.

I'm in full agreement. When we used to toke in the 70's it was always about seeing shit, and we did...lol. If all it did was put us to sleep, we'd still be doing...er...something else (think 80's lmao)

Bro you need to check out breeders choice organization. landrace sativas all day. I'm going to order a bunch real soon. Puna Sativa is needs to be in my garden!

Fak edit: looks like site is gone. I'll try to find where they are now.

Absolutely, lay some linkage on us man. :cool:

I have only had what I assume is the kind of crazy landrace sativas some of you are growing once in my life. We were heavy "kind bud" smokers back then and a friend called us and told us there was something we just had to try. One bong hit each and we got lost going the 4 blocks home in the little town we grew up in. Then we sat around and laughed uncontrollably for a couple hours. He had an Oz of it and it was already claimed but he said we could have it if we wanted. He wanted about as much as we could of bought a half a pound for at the time so we turned it down. Three hours later when I came to my senses I was like call him back I want that shit but it was too late the other guy already picked it up :(

I want to find something like that I don't even care if it takes 6 months to flower :rofl:

I have only had what I assume is the kind of crazy landrace sativas some of you are growing once in my life. We were heavy "kind bud" smokers back then and a friend called us and told us there was something we just had to try. One bong hit each and we got lost going the 4 blocks home in the little town we grew up in. Then we sat around and laughed uncontrollably for a couple hours. He had an Oz of it and it was already claimed but he said we could have it if we wanted. He wanted about as much as we could of bought a half a pound for at the time so we turned it down. Three hours later when I came to my senses I was like call him back I want that shit but it was too late the other guy already picked it up :(

I want to find something like that I don't even care if it takes 6 months to flower :rofl:

I have 2 lists. 1 with strains I can confirm were brain-benders that I've personally tried, and 1 with trippy strains identified as such from people (growers and friends I trust).

:cool:

FWIW, I've been seeing some amazing stuff from the Gage Green Group. Hell.. look at some of Tav's plants..

I agree his plants are gorgeous and a big part of the reason I chose the platinums to replace my old lights :high-five:

Can't wait to hear the smoke reports of these current beauties Tav :)

Sometimes its the not so impressive looking strains that really send you to the moon though :drool:

Edit: You guys rock by the way, I had to replace a burned out light (not your brand) that was affecting my grow in a big way and you guys got my order out immediately. I liked that one so much I replaced my other light with another one and cut my elec usage at least in half. I have been very happy with all aspects of the purchases, great job :thumb:

I just looked at the Ace seeds and there is some amazing sounding strains in there. The ZAMALDELICA and the PURPLE HAZE x MALAWI both sound fantastic :)

Back
Top Bottom