GDB's Bubblegum Machine

They are at 40 days today and I've yet to up-pot. And based on the amount of water they're drinking (about every three days), they're not ready for up-pot.

I'm thinking at least another 10 days before I'll consider up-potting and that puts me at day 50.

Once I up-pot and give them a few days to settle in, I'll be at, say, day 53.

From there, I want to take advantage of the wider diameter of the larger pots to open the plants up by tying down branches further out. Two weeks of doing that will put me around day 67.

Then, if the plants agree, I can then think about flipping. Day 70 is a safe bet.

Thanks for asking @Carcass. Now I have a documented "plan." :thanks:
Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm looking forward to my next run. Going to go with only fem seeds this time to speed up the maturing process. Is 50 days a good # to shoot for typically?

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm looking forward to my next run. Going to go with only fem seeds this time to speed up the maturing process. Is 50 days a good # to shoot for typically?
It's a matter of preference Baked.

I was vegging plants for 70 days and they were getting too big for me to deal with (I'm lazy). So I decided to try and flip earlier to keep them smaller.

Will not succeed in meeting that limit in this grow!

If I'm complaining later on about plants that are too big, it won't really be a complaint, more like a whine! :laugh:

It's a matter of preference Baked.

I was vegging plants for 70 days and they were getting too big for me to deal with (I'm lazy). So I decided to try and flip earlier to keep them smaller.

Will not succeed in meeting that limit in this grow!

If I'm complaining later on about plants that are too big, it won't really be a complaint, more like a whine! :laugh:
I'm terrified of what is to come in mine. 102 Days! :thedoubletake: :laugh:

I'll just started bending I suppose. Or use some tie down to hold them back a little. Is that something you have ever done when you flip? Keep them pulled down to minimize the stretch? Or do you let them loose to grow uninhibited?

I'm terrified of what is to come in mine. 102 Days! :thedoubletake: :laugh:

I'll just started bending I suppose. Or use some tie down to hold them back a little. Is that something you have ever done when you flip? Keep them pulled down to minimize the stretch? Or do you let them loose to grow uninhibited?
I hold mine down for as long as I can Baked. I tie them down, bend them and sometimes break them (that really helps keep them down!).

But, lately, I've been growing seeds from @Weed Seeds Express and they seem to get larger than most of what I've grown before! So to adjust for that factor I'm trying to flip earlier.

Hello all and Happy 420!

Just a quick update to show how the girls are doing in their new digs.

It's Day 41 for the Bubblegum Machine.

Bubblegum Tent 4-20-22 Day 41.jpg

Moderation is the key today!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Looking good, got a deep rich color to them. Got a hellova wind turbine behind them girls too, looks like it'd flip em over if you cranked it up.
And happy 420!

Looking good, got a deep rich color to them. Got a hellova wind turbine behind them girls too, looks like it'd flip em over if you cranked it up.
And happy 420!
Thanks Rhino, and Happy 420 to you too.

That fan is facing the wall. I wouldn't turn it directly towards the girls! :Rasta:

Hello all and Happy 420!

Just a quick update to show how the girls are doing in their new digs.

It's Day 41 for the Bubblegum Machine.

Bubblegum Tent 4-20-22 Day 41.jpg

Moderation is the key today!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
Happy 420 GDB , hope you have a good one.:bong:
Girls are Beautiful.

Stay safe
Bill

Happy 420 GDB , hope you have a good one.:bong:
Girls are Beautiful.

Stay safe
Bill
Happy 420, Bill, and thanks for the kind words! :Rasta:

Lush! Not you, the plants.

:happy420: GDB!
Thanks, Shedster!

That's what my mom used to call me long ago but with "a stinking" preceding the word lush! :)

Yes! My local brewery had a huge 420 festival with vendors and food, and a terpene infused IPA. It was fun!
Glad you had a good day Boo :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Hello folks.

I thought I was going to be MIA for a while because my computer was about to die (sort of). But I'm still here! :Rasta:

My computer is cool and I paid $30 extra at the repair shop to get it back the same day I put it in, which was today.

And today is Day 45 for the Bubblegum Machine.

I up-potted all the girls tonight. All but the "twin" went into 5 gallon pots. The twin went into a 3 gallon.

None of them looked to happy at the time, due to thirst.:)
Bubblegum Tent 4-24-22 up-pot D45.jpg

It will be interesting to see how they look tomorrow morning!

As for the twin, I kept her short and tall sides together. Although I was thinking about trying to separate them but it really didn't seem like it would have mattered much at this point. I'll just have one little twin and one very little twin. :straightface:

I put a nice sized rock at the tall side's base, topped her then and bent her over so that the short side can finally get some clear light from above. Hopefully she can grow a bit now.
RQ twin 4-24-22 D45.jpg

You know I appreciate your interest!

Peace.

Hello growers.

It's the first morning after up-pot for the Bubblegum Machine on Day 46.

The first thing I did when I got up today was to venture to the basement to check on the Bubblegum girls. They looked much happier than I when left them last night.
Bubblegum Tent 4-25-22 Day 46.JPG

The two larger ones on the left were trying to stretch up to that big bright thing overhead (@NextLight Mega) so their top nodes got tied down.
Bgum tent 4-25-22 tiedown Day 46.JPG

And the twin, well the short side is probably a little confused and a lot happy now that she can finally get a tan!
RQ twin 4-25-22 exposed D46.JPG

It was a pleasant way to start the day.

Have a wonderful Sunday all!

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom