GDB: A Sponsored Grow

God damn GDB. Freaking jungle in there.

Are you pulling the the front plants out to water the back ones? Why’s your plan for watering when everything is full of buds/precarious to move?
Thanks, Chef. That means a lot coming from someone who is in love with crowds. :Rasta:

One of these 4 plants is about half the height of the others. She's up on elevators just so she can look around. I'm going to have her front right at the end. I'll be able to take her out if needed and water the rest in place.

Manual timers with the push down/pull up things. As long as you know the lights went off at 8pm, all a power outage/spike will do will make the dark period longer, and that's not a problem in terms of hermies.
Yeah i got one of those digital timers a couple of years ago used it for a year and wouldn't work when i started up again. Was annoyed . The Analog one still is good to go. Its 4 years old now.

Hello growers.

I had all the ladies out for watering yesterday. This won't likely be happening much more. It's getting dicey getting them in and out of there. Of course since I had them out I took some solo pics. ;)

Yesterday was day 64+31 for all. The MegaCrop feeders are getting 5.5g per gallon and 10ml of Terpinator. The GeoFlora feeder is due her next top-feed tomorrow. I've also been giving her CalMag since my mistake on her last top-feed when I used Veg instead of Bloom. She's also getting 10ml of Terpinator. She's also had a few doses of Recharge during her lifetime.

The taller plants would have easily reached 5 feet had I not wrestled with the tops. Still, they're all over 4 ft. tall. The GF-CB is the short one of the bunch at about 2 feet tall.

Temps in the tent have mostly been between 75 and 79 degrees Fahrenheit and the humidity has hovered between 55 and 60 percent. And of course I've had few problems with a light ghost.

I'm not getting any major aroma from these plants yet, which kind of surprises me. I thought I'd be smelling some bubblegum by now!

@Weed Seeds Express C Banana (MC-fed)
MC-CB 6-16-21 D64+31.JPG

And her much shorter sister, WSE C Banana (GF-fed)
GF-CB 6-16-21 D64+31.JPG

WSE Godfather OG
GOG 6-16-21 D64+31.JPG

Grand Daddy Black
GDB 6-16-21 D64+31.JPG

There's no room at the Inn.
Tent 6-17-21 D64+32.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

They all look amazing, but that MC Chiquita Banana is absolutely wild! I will be showing mine that pic in the hopes of getting it off the couch.

:bravo: all round GDB. And congrats on the MOTM nom!
Thanks, Shed. Always nice to be nominated for what I consider an honor!

The C Banana is a hearty one. I can almost hear @Virgin Ground dry heaving now. :laughtwo:

Plants / Buds are looking Great GDB !! Do you plan to thin any leaves out while in flower? :snowboating:
Thanks Smoke!

Seeing them everyday I can tell that the three tall ones are about to do that self-defoliation thing that some plants do. I'm waiting to see what happens. Yes, the shorty will need a bit more cleaning up.

Hello growers and a good weekend to all!

Today I was greeted by what appears to be some light burn on a few of my GF-C Banana leaves. At least that's what I hope I'm seeing. Please feel free to correct me if you see something "different." The only thing in life that I'm a 100% certain of is my ability to be wrong about something. :laughtwo:
GF-CB light burn 6-19-21 D64+34.JPG

Oddly, these leaves are not the highest-setting ones in the tent. There are plenty that are closer to the light than these. I'm guessing that the GF-CB due to her smaller stature may be more sensitive to the light intensity. Or that cluster was under a particularly hot spot under the @Mars Hydro TS3000.

The burnt ones were in this area:
Tent 6-19-21 D64+34.JPG

I rotated the plant and turned the light down a notch to just under 75%. The PAR readings now avg. about 50K all over (down from 60K) and a bit lower than that over the GF-CB. None of the other leaves in the tent show any sign of light stress.

The @Mars Hydro TS3000 is a beast. And once again, I doubt that I'll get it turned up to 100% by the end of this grow. I had it up there once already and didn't like the way the leaves responded.

Peace.

The only thing in life that I'm a 100% certain of is my ability to be wrong about something.
Something else we share....^^:cheesygrinsmiley:

That being said... that looks like a bit of a calcium deficiency to me- maybe give her a little shot of calmag?
It's been said that led's will up the calcium requirement on some plants, so maybe that's what you've got going on?
If I'm wrong, see above quote... :)

Your girls are looking outstanding!

Something else we share....^^:cheesygrinsmiley:

That being said... that looks like a bit of a calcium deficiency to me- maybe give her a little shot of calmag?
It's been said that led's will up the calcium requirement on some plants, so maybe that's what you've got going on?
If I'm wrong, see above quote... :)

Your girls are looking outstanding!
Thanks, Mr.C.

Thing is, I've been giving her calmag at 2ml per gallon since I screwed up on her top feed a short while ago and that's the highest recommended dosage for the cm I'm using. I'll continue with it.

Anyhow, unfortunately I've now got bigger fish to fry, as you will see in my next update. :lot-o-toke:

Hello again growers.

This will be another of those posts that will be hard to write without using profanity, but I'm going to give it my best fucking shot.

After seeing the light burn(?) this morning I decided to give the GF-CB a closer examination. And I found that my mortal enemies have resurfaced.
The Borg on GF-CB 6-19-21.JPG

What is it about this old house and spider mites!!! :lot-o-toke:

I even managed to spot one of the little bastards and squish it, confirming the diagnosis.

I didn't see the spots on very many leaves, and I ripped off the ones where I saw them. But that gives me no comfort.

After seeing this, I did about 2 minutes of soul-searching about my obligations to my sponsors vs. the overall success of this grow.

And so with apologies to @Weed Seeds Express and @Mars Hydro, I'm removing this plant from the tent. She'll be finished in the 5x5 along with the mite-infested Strawberry Banana Grape clone. This move is unrelated to your great genetics or your great grow light but just about trying to minimize damage.

These plants are packed in pretty tight, and I know that the chance that none of the others have mites on them is remote. Still, I feel better taking the GF-CB out of there.

BTW, I also found these few leaves on the Grand Daddy Black, which sits to the left of the GF-CB. These are the only ones like this I could find on the plant and they too looked like light burn to me. The GDB is getting 5.5g of MC and 10ml of Terpinator but no calmag. However, the seed of doubt that @Carcass planted in the old Benz Diesel earlier now has me wondering if that's what it really is. (And thank you for doing that, @Carcass. Sincerely)
IMG_2991.JPG

That's it.

Shit, I think that went pretty well. Barely any cursing at all!

Peace.

If you add a little calmag to the GDB, it shouldn't hurt anything, even if it doesn't help...
Or, I'm barking up the wrong tree, and it is light burn, but it seems like there'd be more of it
if that's what it is...
Sorry to hear about the ongoing battle with those spider mites- I haven't had to deal with those little bastards, at least not yet...

If you add a little calmag to the GDB, it shouldn't hurt anything, even if it doesn't help...
Or, I'm barking up the wrong tree, and it is light burn, but it seems like there'd be more of it
if that's what it is...
Sorry to hear about the ongoing battle with those spider mites- I haven't had to deal with those little bastards, at least not yet...
Sure Carcass, I'll give her some calmag. Hell, I'll give them all some. And all will also start getting @Sierra Natural Science 209 pest control.

So let's get upbeat! :Rasta:

I got the timely delivery today of something I ordered about 10 days ago!
IMG_2993.jpg

I've got a new weapon in the arsenal and I believe every little bit helps! :Rasta:

Peace,

With a name like Doktor Doom, It should it make short work of those little bastards...
That's the same ingredient that's in Mrs.C's rose spray, and it kills everything that moves....

Back
Top Bottom