G4-QB132 x12 RDWC 6x Jack Herer 4x4

I'm looking at getting a 4x4 soon. Thought about getting some QB's for it. Don't think I can afford that many. Might have to stick with my old hps for awhile
It'll run 600 to 700 max to build my same light and can power it as low as 25 Watts per row or damn near 400 per row.

I change the rez water out after 60 days but ran into issues with too unbalanced nutes so I'll be trying every 30 days from now on.
I simply empty out the rez bucket via pump until rez bucket is mostly empty (or air starts getting sucked up)and I unplug pump to let the other buckets water flow back into rez. Repeat until majority of water has drained as much as you can.

Then I refill with non ph'd water back to fill line. Re-add your nutes and a couple TBS of ph down and check ph in a couple hours or longer and keep adjusting as necessary

Thanks for your advice.
Allright so after you got all the water out.. do you put in a specific amount of water back in the system (to calculate nutes with amount of water)? Or how do you add the right amount ofnutes to the system?
I'm not yet having a good insight of how to do this.

Btw. I have a 4x4 growroom and was planning on a scrog with 6 rdwc buckets

I'm looking at getting a 4x4 soon. Thought about getting some QB's for it. Don't think I can afford that many. Might have to stick with my old hps for awhile

The QB132 bds are pretty cheap, it's what I run in my 4x4. I run six now, was gunna do 8 but haven't yet

My 6 do fantastic, not as good as 12..lol

But if u diy them and it's really affordable

dont knock em mate. still the gold standard for me. mh then hps , great growth and hard crystally nugs. just cant bring myself to sell any of my kids to buy a couple of COBs to try for myself either. i keep trying to win lights in comps for a conversion .

Thanks for your advice.
Allright so after you got all the water out.. do you put in a specific amount of water back in the system (to calculate nutes with amount of water)? Or how do you add the right amount ofnutes to the system?
I'm not yet having a good insight of how to do this.

Btw. I have a 4x4 growroom and was planning on a scrog with 6 rdwc buckets
a quick guide

empty res as much as possible.
refill system with total amount needed for all the buckets .( inc the "control" bucket)
on a 20 ltr bucket system with 6 pots and a control bucket , this would be about 80ltrs. This amount should leave a small gap underneath the "net pot" for air.
start with any Silicon products used ( if used) and mix it into the control bucket. with pump on , allow this to circulate for about about an hour , ph the water to 6.2.
add hydroguard ( or chosen alternative)
add beneficials ( great white ect.).
Add base nutes to required level ( usually half strength to manufactures advised level)
add calmag
add any other used suppmements
allow to run in system for about an hour then do Ph and E.c , Ppm etc....
adjust as needed.
simple once in a routine
hope it helps

a quick guide

empty res as much as possible.
refill system with total amount needed for all the buckets .( inc the "control" bucket)
on a 20 ltr bucket system with 6 pots and a control bucket , this would be about 80ltrs. This amount should leave a small gap underneath the "net pot" for air.
start with any Silicon products used ( if used) and mix it into the control bucket. with pump on , allow this to circulate for about about an hour , ph the water to 6.2.
add hydroguard ( or chosen alternative)
add beneficials ( great white ect.).
Add base nutes to required level ( usually half strength to manufactures advised level)
add calmag
add any other used suppmements
allow to run in system for about an hour then do Ph and E.c , Ppm etc....
adjust as needed.
simple once in a routine
hope it helps
Yes this helps allot!
I was planning to buy these nutrients from advanced nutrients:

Sensi grow/bloom OR General H. trio
Carboload
Big bud
Candy bud
Rhinoskin
Sensi CalMag
Overdrive
Voodoo

Do I need the Hydroguard and the Great White? And what are silicon products? These are all new to me and I'm also figuring out what's the best nutrients setup for my rdwc. Was hoping you guys could help me out here, as there are so much different nutrients on the market I feel a little bit lost.

So as the plants pick up water/nutes you just make for example a 10 liter batch with nutes and add these to fill up the system?

Yes this helps allot!
I was planning to buy these nutrients from advanced nutrients:

Sensi grow/bloom OR General H. trio
Carboload
Big bud
Candy bud
Rhinoskin
Sensi CalMag
Overdrive
Voodoo

Do I need the Hydroguard and the Great White? And what are silicon products? These are all new to me and I'm also figuring out what's the best nutrients setup for my rdwc. Was hoping you guys could help me out here, as there are so much different nutrients on the market I feel a little bit lost.

So as the plants pick up water/nutes you just make for example a 10 liter batch with nutes and add these to fill up the system?
i use the GH Trio following advice on here. not readily available in uk so took a while to find. once i changed to them , my plants took off. As i am not running a sterile system ( which means no beneficials or organic type nutes) I use Hydroguard and great white to support it in the res and roots. With Rdwc , it is all about the root zone and what you can do to keep it healthy. With healthy roots , the plants can transport all the available nutes and goodies we can put in. The pmants will reward with quick growth and yield.
The silicon products ( a few brands) allow the stems and plant to grow thicker and remain fairly supple for training. Thicker branches will hold bigger fruit. Also help speed up growth.
cal mag at half strength ( depends on your water source and its content before adding anything)
i use a product called Golden Tree which is a replacement ( according to the makers "humboldts secret ") for all other additionals inc boosters , zyms , tonics etc..... habe used overdrive and various products before and had ok results but this stuff has it all in one concentrated mix ( according to humboldts !) . I am impressed so far with it and just flipped to bloom.
check my diary in my signature link below called " barneys farm bonanza ". it is my first grow with rdwc so has been a learning curve. well worth a look to see where i went wrong amd how i got it right with support here. my ladies are booming now.
hope this helps

The topping up depends on what your readings are for your res mix for example
if after a few days your res level has dropped and your ppm/ec has stayed fairly close to original setting , then you could top up with a batch of freshly made to 10 ltr and put into control bucket as needed. you could do this until you have notice the ppm/ec dropping to half of your original maybe then do a complete change again. If your Ppm rises by about 100 , then your plants are taking more water than nutes and could effectively be watered back down to lower set ppm with just ph 6.2 water to continue using until next change. Most important to all of this is the PH. if your range goes too high or too low then your plants wont use the available nutrients and begin to show deficiencies , this will also show up before it can cause an issue by using your meters readings to your advantage. this is all explained in the link in my signiture titled "vital ph-ppm chart"
also an excellent link for new growers on subjects as i have touched on. always happy to help if i can. hope i didnt garble too much

i use the GH Trio following advice on here. not readily available in uk so took a while to find. once i changed to them , my plants took off. As i am not running a sterile system ( which means no beneficials or organic type nutes) I use Hydroguard and great white to support it in the res and roots. With Rdwc , it is all about the root zone and what you can do to keep it healthy. With healthy roots , the plants can transport all the available nutes and goodies we can put in. The pmants will reward with quick growth and yield.
The silicon products ( a few brands) allow the stems and plant to grow thicker and remain fairly supple for training. Thicker branches will hold bigger fruit. Also help speed up growth.
cal mag at half strength ( depends on your water source and its content before adding anything)
i use a product called Golden Tree which is a replacement ( according to the makers "humboldts secret ") for all other additionals inc boosters , zyms , tonics etc..... habe used overdrive and various products before and had ok results but this stuff has it all in one concentrated mix ( according to humboldts !) . I am impressed so far with it and just flipped to bloom.
check my diary in my signature link below called " barneys farm bonanza ". it is my first grow with rdwc so has been a learning curve. well worth a look to see where i went wrong amd how i got it right with support here. my ladies are booming now.
hope this helps
Thanks, I just ordered Golden Tree 0.5L (€35) bottle (very hard to get in holland) and looked it up and says everywhere it's a replacemwnt for all additives. So basically what i need to go with this is the GH trio, a silicon (advanced nutrients Rhino) and bottle CalMag for the entire grow? And maybe the great white and hydroguard? I attached a pic, is that the right one to get..

Attachments

• IMG_9620.JPG
    IMG_9620.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 56
The topping up depends on what your readings are for your res mix for example
if after a few days your res level has dropped and your ppm/ec has stayed fairly close to original setting , then you could top up with a batch of freshly made to 10 ltr and put into control bucket as needed. you could do this until you have notice the ppm/ec dropping to half of your original maybe then do a complete change again. If your Ppm rises by about 100 , then your plants are taking more water than nutes and could effectively be watered back down to lower set ppm with just ph 6.2 water to continue using until next change. Most important to all of this is the PH. if your range goes too high or too low then your plants wont use the available nutrients and begin to show deficiencies , this will also show up before it can cause an issue by using your meters readings to your advantage. this is all explained in the link in my signiture titled "vital ph-ppm chart"
also an excellent link for new growers on subjects as i have touched on. always happy to help if i can. hope i didnt garble too much
I checked out your grow and learned a lot from it and also from the helping comments you got, it's great that people out here are truelly willing to help each other out with our hobby! Btw, it's really hard to get hydroguard and great white in Holland.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them
I purchased my system from amazon umder the title 'Hydro west aquabuckets 5 gallon 6 site'
It cost 242 plus 22 shipping. A bit pricey but comes with everything you need to start and if I were to go through the hassle of building it myself, the price was coming out damn near the same.

The pump I use to empty the rez is: SumpMarine UTP 115-Volt 330 GPH...
1666059282201.png
Btw. I can't find the "Hydro west aquabuckets 5 gallon 6 site" on amazon.. it only comes in a 4 pot system and the reciews are also a bit off.

I checked out your grow and learned a lot from it and also from the helping comments you got, it's great that people out here are truelly willing to help each other out with our hobby! Btw, it's really hard to get hydroguard and great white in Holland.
I had same issue with hydroguard here too in uk. did manage to find one online. not sure how far they ship too though. Think it is banned in Europe for some reason. The great white shark is a brand but the same product should be available as alternative. maybe rhizo and cannazym but could not find answer myself . i then found the supplier of it here. will message the sight link in a pm to you as dont want to break sponsorship rules on forum
this sight and members are brilliant . no financial gain to anyone who helps shows what a great community it is too. Hours are spent among the posts etc.. it gets addictive. lol

Btw. I can't find the "Hydro west aquabuckets 5 gallon 6 site" on amazon.. it only comes in a 4 pot system and the reciews are also a bit off.
The pic will show a 4 site but title says 6 site, that's the one. I do recall the reviews being all over the place too but IMO it's great! You've seen my results.

Thanks, I just ordered Golden Tree 0.5L (€35) bottle (very hard to get in holland) and looked it up and says everywhere it's a replacemwnt for all additives. So basically what i need to go with this is the GH trio, a silicon (advanced nutrients Rhino) and bottle CalMag for the entire grow? And maybe the great white and hydroguard? I attached a pic, is that the right one to get..
thats the one mate. only need small amounts so goes a long way.
i am trusting the golden tree for the entire crop but only using max 1/2 dose and in flower now so using 3ml per litre. The rdwc uses less than normal hydro due to the recirculation being constant. This applies to most of the stuff used in this medium too except the hydroguard and shark. use them at the recommended strengths to keep this roots healthy. when you are ready for it , i have a gh trio feeding schedule that is a standard among many here and is already halved to the right dosages so can be followed as written without halving. Also using U.S gallons to measure and not litres as we use. this is important and can easily catch people out it seems. will message it to you so you have an easy to reach copy. am impressed with the gh so far and see why it is well used.
i got a lot of help from icemann420 and islandgrow too , which turned it all around for me. A few hints for easier life have been a godsend.
will share happily when your ready to set up and go.

thats the one mate. only need small amounts so goes a long way.
i am trusting the golden tree for the entire crop but only using max 1/2 dose and in flower now so using 3ml per litre. The rdwc uses less than normal hydro due to the recirculation being constant. This applies to most of the stuff used in this medium too except the hydroguard and shark. use them at the recommended strengths to keep this roots healthy. when you are ready for it , i have a gh trio feeding schedule that is a standard among many here and is already halved to the right dosages so can be followed as written without halving. Also using U.S gallons to measure and not litres as we use. this is important and can easily catch people out it seems. will message it to you so you have an easy to reach copy. am impressed with the gh so far and see why it is well used.
i got a lot of help from icemann420 and islandgrow too , which turned it all around for me. A few hints for easier life have been a godsend.
will share happily when your ready to set up and go.
Thanks! I would love to follow that schedule and play it on the safe side as it is my first grow!

Back
Top Bottom