Right, I have made some changes. First off, I up potted the Somango auto 2 to a 20 L bag of LOS. I added a spoon each of Beauveria Bassiana and Myco powders to the hole and then planted. Sa2 is now under its own light which is on at 75 % intensity giving the plant 450 ppfd. I don't water in. The soil is moist enough from the get go.

After chatting to @Jon I changed two things with the Cream Mandarin auto. Firstly, I turned the light up to 100 % intensity and brought it closer to the plant. It is now at 900 ppfd and I will monitor carefully. Without CO2 that is more than the recommended DLI, but Jon says that the prayer angle of the leaves indicates that the plant wants more light, so I am experimenting with this. I'll watch for light stress.

Secondly, I trimmed off the larf.

The outside plant has been blown around in strong, gusty wind for two days and is a little droopy. I checked moisture and the soil is wet from the rain.

Happy Thursday and take care!

Hey Carmen!:high-five: Your girls look so happy! Looks like the bird doodoo is gone from Somango one. She’ll be a tougher girl in her natural habitat. And your girls inside look nice and healthy.:thumb:
I love the box idea! What type of hours do they do… ummm… loadshedding?
:hug::love::hug:

Hey Carmen!:high-five: Your girls look so happy! Looks like the bird doodoo is gone from Somango one. She’ll be a tougher girl in her natural habitat. And your girls inside look nice and healthy.:thumb:
I love the box idea! What type of hours do they do… ummm… loadshedding?
Thanks Granny. We had a three day downpour that cleaned the bird shyte off the leaves. I'm surprised the plant handled it so well. She sure is toughening up :)

The box idea is taking shape. Azi and Shed can see it in their minds. I get the basic idea but the technicalities are challenging my imagination. I'm going to see if I can get a friend to help me draw it up. Break out the crayons! :laugh:

As Shed says, it will require ducting a fan in and ducting stale air out whilst preventing light leaks. He has a design for a cardboard light baffle, does the Shedster, as well as an idea for using dryer ducting. I'm not sure on placement etc. yet.

As for loadshedding, it began in 2007 and reached it's hideous peak in 2023 when we had 335 days of it, often going out for 12 hours or more of each day. Then, miracle of miracles, we had an election and the government realized that they would lose power if they didn't restore power to the nation and so lo an behold, we have had no loadshedding this year!

Thanks Granny. We had a three day downpour that cleaned the bird shyte off the leaves. I'm surprised the plant handled it so well. She sure is toughening up :)

The box idea is taking shape. Azi and Shed can see it in their minds. I get the basic idea but the technicalities are challenging my imagination. I'm going to see if I can get a friend to help me draw it up. Break out the crayons! :laugh:

As Shed says, it will require ducting a fan in and ducting stale air out whilst preventing light leaks. He has a design for a cardboard light baffle, does the Shedster, as well as an idea for using dryer ducting. I'm not sure on placement etc. yet.

As for loadshedding, it began in 2007 and reached its hideous peak in 2023 when we had 335 days of it, often going out for 12 hours or more of each day. Then, miracle of miracles, we had an election and the government realized that they would lose power if they didn't restore power to the nation and so lo an behold, we have had no loadshedding this year!
Hey Carmen!:high-five: Then loadshedding is no longer a hurdle in doing photos! WooHoo!:woohoo:
I bet Azi n Shed will be all the guidance you need. I’m with you on really not being so good with building things.

I was thinking something like this, but where the ducting obviously connects to the box and there are bends in it to baffle the light:

box copy.jpg

I was thinking something like this, but where the ducting obviously connects to the box and there are bends in it to baffle the light:

box copy.jpg
Thank you Shed! 😃

Highya Carmen,

She (l'l auto) looks right at home in there, Carmen. Cute buds everywhere. I also like that round pot (forward and left) looks like it has succulents in it. I'm not much on outdoor plants in a temperate climate. But I do love growing succulents. Whole garden looks manicured. Happy Smokin'

Highya Carmen,

She (l'l auto) looks right at home in there, Carmen. Cute buds everywhere. I also like that round pot (forward and left) looks like it has succulents in it. I'm not much on outdoor plants in a temperate climate. But I do love growing succulents. Whole garden looks manicured. Happy Smokin'
Thank you bode. I picked a piece of the succulent when I was out on a walk one day. I rooted it and plonked it in that pot. It's a bit low in the pot but it's too bad. It'll grow and I will fill it in over time. Happy smoking :)
Good afternoon, Carmen your garden is beautiful, and I love your plant. :green_heart: 🍋
Thank you very much Keith! :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom